Chefs American Bistro

lovinmaryland

Update: This place has issues!

The Alcoholic Beverage Board (liquor board) of St. Mary’s County has suspended the license of Chef’s American Bistro in California for six days and fined the owners $1,500 after finding them guilty of four violations...

Chef's Bistro Liquor License Suspended, Fine Imposed - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

I just read that article. Some balls on them to serve alcohol the day after they were issued not to.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Update: This place has issues!

The Alcoholic Beverage Board (liquor board) of St. Mary’s County has suspended the license of Chef’s American Bistro in California for six days and fined the owners $1,500 after finding them guilty of four violations...

Chef's Bistro Liquor License Suspended, Fine Imposed - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

That will be great for business. No alcohol sales on Valentines day. If had a reservation and found this out I would definitely walk out.

:lmao:

Just got a Clipper.

Chef's American Bistro

"New menu featuring Caribbean, African and Soul Food Cuisine"

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Lightning has struck twice for Chef’s American Bistro in California. For the second month in a row the Alcoholic Beverage Board (liquor board) of St. Mary’s County has suspended the license of the restaurant and imposed a fine.

Chef's Bistro Gets Suspension and Fine Again - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

Koroma admitted the first two violations but denied the third. An agent with the Maryland Comptroller’s Office, Salvatore Penske, testified he visited the establishment on January 18 and found nine bottles that did not have a wholesalers stamp and appeared to have price tags from retail establishments. Maryland’s law prohibits one retailer from buying from another and reselling.
Why would it be illegal to sell liquor that you bought at a liquor store instead of a wholesaler?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Why would it be illegal to sell liquor that you bought at a liquor store instead of a wholesaler?

§ 12-107. Restrictions upon retail dealers

(a) Prohibited purchases and sales. -- No retail dealer, other than the holder of a Class E, Class F or Class G license, shall purchase any alcoholic beverages except from a duly licensed manufacturer, wholesaler, or private bulk sale permit holder or nonresident winery permit holder under the provisions of this article, and no retail dealers shall sell to any other retail dealer any alcoholic beverages except to the holder of a special Class C beer, beer and wine and beer, wine and liquor license, and shall not at any time keep or permit to be kept upon the licensed premises any alcoholic beverages except those so purchased.
It has to be about taxes, but I have no idea why.

Hank

my war

Why would you buy liquor from a liquor store and not a wholesaler unless they were getting wholesale prices from the liquor store....

lovinmaryland

Why would you buy liquor from a liquor store and not a wholesaler unless they were getting wholesale prices from the liquor store....

This is just my opinion...but hasnt he been stiffing people, bouncing checks, etc... if thats the case he could owe his wholesaler $$ and have no choice but to buy it from a liquor store.

Again just my thought.