Cheney went hunting with an idiot

And he SHOT HIM!!!!!!!!!

Long story short:
V.P. goes quail hunting in TX yesterday. V.P. and hunting buddy (hb) 1 are standing there waiting for the dogs to flush the quail they had pointed. HB 2 walks up behind them without their knowledge. Quail flush and V.P. tracks one while rotating, he gets a good lead on it and fires, while maintaining rotation to maintain aim. Instead of shooting quail, V.P. shoots HB 2 who was out of position and at fault (in my opinion). HB 2 is OK. In the hospital with birdshot to the face, neck and chest.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Saw this elsewhere...

Hunting with Cheney is still safer than driving with a Kennedy

:killingme

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
huntr1 said:
And he SHOT HIM!!!!!!!!!

Long story short:
V.P. goes quail hunting in TX yesterday. V.P. and hunting buddy (hb) 1 are standing there waiting for the dogs to flush the quail they had pointed. HB 2 walks up behind them without their knowledge. Quail flush and V.P. tracks one while rotating, he gets a good lead on it and fires, while maintaining rotation to maintain aim. Instead of shooting quail, V.P. shoots HB 2 who was out of position and at fault (in my opinion). HB 2 is OK. In the hospital with birdshot to the face, neck and chest.
Ok, I can blame the old boy for being out of position just as much as I can blame Cheney for not seeing beyond what he was shooting at. Sounds to me like they should both go back to hunter's safety class for a bit.

Vince

Heard this on the radio this morning. Can you say "moron?" I thought you could. Cheney and his buddy both. :lmao:

Ponytail

aps45819 said:
:confused: don't understand why shooting a lawyer made the news.

One old fart Good 'ol Boy to another...
Cheney: "You've got a choice to make. You can stop your whining and crying and let me pull out the pellets right here, or I shoot you again." :lol:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Wickedwrench said:
Ok, I can blame the old boy for being out of position just as much as I can blame Cheney for not seeing beyond what he was shooting at. Sounds to me like they should both go back to hunter's safety class for a bit.
So Cheney was tracking a bird. Quail are fast. As a former bird hunter, you swing with the bird and you have to anticipate (lead) the shot or you will shoot behind the bird. You actually decide to pull the trigger and the swing will carry to a point beyond where the decision was made and the background will have changed. Cheney may have even seen his hunting mate when the gun went off, but the decision to fire had already been sent to the finger. That is why it is important to inform the hunting party you are approaching of your presence. Of course, as a good bird hunter, if the bird you are tracking goes into a field of view that was not surveyed prior to the flush (180 degrees or so in front of you), then you should not track to that area, but that is a common mistake.

So we have two mistakes. The guy that was shot should have told them he was approaching. Cheney should not have tracked a bird into an area that had been out of his field of view.

Bonehead

Have to agree with 2ND two mistakes equals someone shot. Bird hunting or any hunting has it's price especially if you don't follow the rules.