Chicken Pox

R

Roxy1104

Was anyone exposed to chicken pox that didn't have a break out?

Not me. I had the chickenpox. So did my older son when he was very little. These days, they have a vaccination for it. I wonder if it works. Does anyone have a child who got the shot AND got the chickenpox anyway?

M

Mousebaby

Not me. I had the chickenpox. So did my older son when he was very little. These days, they have a vaccination for it. I wonder if it works. Does anyone have a child who got the shot AND got the chickenpox anyway?

All 3 of mine had the vaccine and none of them got it. I had it when I was just 2 weeks old. I got it over with quick! I was even smart back then! :lmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

The vaccine is not 100% effective. Some can even develop chicken pox after getting the vaccine, but it's from the vaccine and is usually mild...but can be transmitted to others. It's weird...I did a lot of reading about it when my grandkids were getting the vaccine.

R

Roxy1104

All 3 of mine had the vaccine and none of them got it. I had it when I was just 2 weeks old. I got it over with quick! I was even smart back then! :lmao:

:killingme Yea, the younger the child is when they get it, the breakout is milder than when they are older.

camily

Peace
The question is, did you have a break out. Not did you have chicken pox, or how many times did you have chicken pox.

First exposure I had one pock. Second time two pocks, third time covered from head to toe. Had all the other symptoms all three times though. Is that better?

punjabigyrl

My daughter got the shot and got chicken pox. There were very few spots on her.