Chiraq - Democratic Malfeasance and Mismanagement

glhs837

Power with Control
^^^^^ Exactly. They saw white and he got in the way.
Rilla's running wild in Chicago and it's going to be a long hot dry summer in a lot of democrat cities.

The Police failed to protect, but in reality should they have just added their number to the count of victims.?
They were largely outnumbered and if they had used their weapons they would probably end up in jail.

Not at all. In case you are unaware, there are a lot of black women who get incensed by a black man being with a white woman. They consider the men to be traitors and he white women to be stealing a man a black woman should have.

SamSpade

Not at all. In case you are unaware, there are a lot of black women who get incensed by a black man being with a white woman. They consider the men to be traitors and he white women to be stealing a man a black woman should have.
I've seen it, and I get it. If you only intend to ever date within a smaller pool of persons - white single women outnumber black single women by about four times, and the proportion of single black men is smaller within the demographic.

It might seem silly, but try to imagine you moved to a city where almost everyone in your high school was black, and there were just maybe three white girls, period - and they all had black boyfriends. Part of you might THINK, damn, dude, there's like only five HUNDRED other girls, and you have to pick the ones I would like to go out with?

Yeah, it's a little dumb, because nothing's stopping you from dating ANY of those five hundred either, but there you have it.

Hijinx

I already knew that and I am on the side of the black woman there.
My statement is still true. They saw white and the black man got in the way.

herb749

It's just increasingly hard for me to have any sympathy towards these cities, especially when they have the balls to call the whole thing a political stunt, when for months the Biden administration had been flying migrants to other cities not expecting them nor told about them - big, bustling metropolises like Chattanooga, or Des Moines, or Indianapolis. Many of these aliens moved to these cities had no idea where they were going - unlike those who were sent to Martha's Vineyard who agreed to go.

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to move to a rich nation and be asked to live in one of its richest areas?

Cities near the border are being CRUSHED by waves if illegal immigrants and these mayors express no sympathy, and encourage the flow.
It IS the very definition of hypocrisy to openly welcome these to our nation - just NOT IN MY BACK YARD.

That's why my thoughts have always been they don't care until its at their door.

SamSpade

That's why my thoughts have always been they don't care until its at their door.
That's the pattern. Portland mayor didn't give a fig about the violence until it came to his door - because up until that point, he was sure it would be only at his oppoent's door.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Chicago prosecutor quits citing city's 'social experiment' with law and order: ' I will not raise my son here'

A Chicago prosecutor who had been working for the city for 20 years quit his job last week. In a final letter he praised many of the people he worked with but said he could not raise his son in a city that was part of a social experiment, one which he believes has the city heading for disaster.

Jason Poje, a felony trial attorney with the Cook County State Attorney’s Office, sent the letter to 85 colleagues on Friday as he headed out the door, explaining that he was departing because of several progressive reforms that have made the city more dangerous for everyone, Fox News reported.
“The simple fact is that this State and County have set themselves on a course to disaster,” wrote Poje, who was with the office for 20 years. “And the worst part is that the agency for whom I work has backed literally every policy change that has the predictable, and predicted, outcome of more crime and more people getting hurt.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

OOPS! Chicago Democrats in Trouble With Black Voters Over Migrant Invasion of South Side

Chicago got a lot more than it bargained for when the people voted for “sanctuary city” policies. Taking them at their word—that they would welcome hordes of illegal aliens—the governor of border state Texas, Greg Abbott, has been sending busloads of people who cross into his state illegally right to the heart of Chicago. It’s the best idea anyone has come up with yet. Let the sanctuary cities become the new border towns! Let the blowhards who say it’s inhumane to turn people away absorb them! Afterall, they’re the compassionate ones, right? They’re the ones who continually point the finger at the border state governors and criticize their reluctance to take on the never-ending human waves. So why, when they’ve now been given the chance to welcome them with open arms, is there trouble in sanctuary paradise?

The mayor of Chicago, Beetlejuice Lori Lightfoot, wrote a letter to Abbott last week begging him to stop sending the people she said she wanted.

Lightfoot said that Texas was planning on sending more migrants to Chicago starting Monday, which she argued against, noting that Chicago does not have the resources to house more migrants. She said in the letter that since Chicago has responded to the arrival of migrants sent by Texas in August 2022, the city has cared for more than 8,000 people.
She wrote that Chicago has “no more shelters, spaces, or resources” to address another influx of migrants to the city.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Chicago got a lot more than it bargained for when the people voted for “sanctuary city” policies. Taking them at their word—that they would welcome hordes of illegal aliens—the governor of border state Texas, Greg Abbott, has been sending busloads of people who cross into his state illegally right to the heart of Chicago. It’s the best idea anyone has come up with yet. Let the sanctuary cities become the new border towns! Let the blowhards who say it’s inhumane to turn people away absorb them! Afterall, they’re the compassionate ones, right? They’re the ones who continually point the finger at the border state governors and criticize their reluctance to take on the never-ending human waves. So why, when they’ve now been given the chance to welcome them with open arms, is there trouble in sanctuary paradise?

The mayor of Chicago, Beetlejuice Lori Lightfoot, wrote a letter to Abbott last week begging him to stop sending the people she said she wanted.

Lightfoot said that Texas was planning on sending more migrants to Chicago starting Monday, which she argued against, noting that Chicago does not have the resources to house more migrants. She said in the letter that since Chicago has responded to the arrival of migrants sent by Texas in August 2022, the city has cared for more than 8,000 people.
She wrote that Chicago has “no more shelters, spaces, or resources” to address another influx of migrants to the city.

Abbott continued sending busloads.

And now one community in Chicago has found out that one of their school buildings is going to become temporary housing for the masses of people flooding into Chicago with no background checks or paperwork. They don’t like it one bit and the really funny part is they’re all Democrat voters. Democrats have a total lock on the black vote but they found themselves in front of a near riotous crowd of their own voters when they delivered the bad news.

BOP

I've seen it, and I get it. If you only intend to ever date within a smaller pool of persons - white single women outnumber black single women by about four times, and the proportion of single black men is smaller within the demographic.
Yeah, but the sistahs outweigh the white girls by the same amount, so I'd call it a wash.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The stupidity is hard to fathom. A “head tax” on employees means less employment. The tax on jet fuel will fall, I suppose, on all who fly into or out of O’Hare or Midway airport–yet another reason to avoid the city. A 3.5% income tax that goes all the way down to $100,000 in income is suicidal. I have no idea how the city plans to implement a “wealth tax,” but it sounds as though a household with a net worth of just $1 million would pay another $4,000 a year. And the transaction fee will drive banking and investment firms out of the city. In short, the plan, if enacted, will be a disaster. Is there any reason to doubt that Chicago’s Left will get most of what it wants? Not that I know of.

And this $12 billion (the dollars won’t materialize, of course, as everyone with any sense flees the city) will go to “fund a just Chicago.” I’ll bet.

Clem72

I don't understand how 500 people could affect the politics in a city of over 2.5 million. I would be tempted to point out the only possible way that could be true is if the majority of people in that city are ineligible to vote.....for reasons.

glhs837

Power with Control

The stupidity is hard to fathom. A “head tax” on employees means less employment. The tax on jet fuel will fall, I suppose, on all who fly into or out of O’Hare or Midway airport–yet another reason to avoid the city. A 3.5% income tax that goes all the way down to $100,000 in income is suicidal. I have no idea how the city plans to implement a “wealth tax,” but it sounds as though a household with a net worth of just $1 million would pay another $4,000 a year. And the transaction fee will drive banking and investment firms out of the city. In short, the plan, if enacted, will be a disaster. Is there any reason to doubt that Chicago’s Left will get most of what it wants? Not that I know of.

And this $12 billion (the dollars won’t materialize, of course, as everyone with any sense flees the city) will go to “fund a just Chicago.” I’ll bet.

Ah, fast tracking a Detroit Solution, I see.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Arrest of Chicago 'Peacekeeper' police substitute demonstrates the folly of 'defund the police'

By Thomas Lifson

A man wearing the vest of the new "Peacekeeper" corps deployed over the Memorial Day weekend, to stem the mayhem on a holiday weekend that has become an opportunity for murder tallies to soar, was arrested for a violent attack. David Struett of the Chicago Sun-Times reports:

A man in a neon "peacekeepers" vest beat up and robbed a man in Little Village on Friday night, police said, as dozens of violence prevention workers fanned out across Chicago over the Memorial Day weekend.
Oscar Montes, 31, was in a group of seven or eight people that pulled a man from a car and punched and kicked him on the ground in the 2300 block of South Washtenaw Avenue, Cook County prosecutors said in a Sunday bond hearing.
Montes took the man's cellphone and struck him over the head with it, and another person stole the man's wallet, prosecutors said.
The man's face and ribs were fractured, and his eye was damaged to the point that he suffered partial blindness, prosecutors said.

One of the many fantasies of the progressives is that there is something inherently wrong or dangerous with police. Instead of armed police capable of using the threat of violence to restrain offenders, unarmed social worker–like alternatives can reduce violence by sympathizing with offenders and understanding the root causes of their behavior.

The Chicago Police Department's 1,700 vacancies are so catastrophic that Democrat politicians are desperate to deflect blame for their support of defund the police and anti-cop measures. Chicago's new mayor, Brandon Johnson, ditched his former defund-the-police rhetoric during the campaign but still won't commit to adding funds to the police. Illinois governor J.B. Pritzker, who has presidential ambitions and billions of inherited wealth to fund his races, signed a 2021 bill that was widely seen by police as "anti-cop" and helped lead to mass early retirements and resignations. But as the holiday weekend approached, Pritzker claimed credit for the deployment of 30 "Peacekeepers" to Chicago neighborhoods, funded by that 2021 bill.

246459_5_.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Two men, 33 and 37, are shot dead and three are injured - including one critically - after mass shooting at Chicago Father's Day party: 48 shot and eight killed in weekend of bloodshed in the Windy City

• Gunfire broke out at a gathering in Roseland near West 99th Street and South Princeton Avenue just before 8pm
  • A man, 37, was shot in his head and a 33-year-old man was shot in the neck, and both died. A 27-year-old man is in critical condition
  • It comes after at least 48 people were shot, eight of them fatally, in shootings across Chicago this weekend

Clem72

Two men, 33 and 37, are shot dead and three are injured - including one critically - after mass shooting at Chicago Father's Day party: 48 shot and eight killed in weekend of bloodshed in the Windy City

• Gunfire broke out at a gathering in Roseland near West 99th Street and South Princeton Avenue just before 8pm
  • A man, 37, was shot in his head and a 33-year-old man was shot in the neck, and both died. A 27-year-old man is in critical condition
  • It comes after at least 48 people were shot, eight of them fatally, in shootings across Chicago this weekend
We could just Escape from New York the place? Put a giant wall around the city and dump all the undesirables inside and let them sort themselves out.

Hijinx

Damned guns went on a rampage again.. The Negro's carrying them could not stop these horrible guns from going off on their own.