Church Sign: The Koran Needs to be Flushed

ylexot

Super Genius
Church sign sparks debate
FOREST CITY -- A sign in front of a Baptist church on one of the most traveled highways in the county stirred controversy over religious tolerance and first-amendment rights this weekend. A sign in front of Danieltown Baptist Church, located at 2361 U.S. 221 south reads "The Koran needs to be flushed," and the Rev. Creighton Lovelace, pastor of the church, is not apologizing for the display.

Toxick

Splat
ylexot said:

1) That sign is in bad, bad taste. It is quite unnecessary, needlessly vitriolic, judgemental, inflammatory and bigotted. They should take it down now, as it reflect badly on all Christians.

2) They have every right to display it, and should not be forced to remove it.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Toxick said:
1) That sign is in bad, bad taste. It is quite unnecessary, needlessly vitriolic, judgemental, inflammatory and bigotted. They should take it down now, as it reflect badly on all Christians.

2) They have every right to display it, and should not be forced to remove it.
:yeahthat:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
:rolleyes:

Those retards chop people's heads off and kill for sport, yet the prevailing attitude is to try and "understand" their savagery and "embrace diversity".

Seema Riley, a Muslim, who was born in Pakistan and reared in New York, was one of those upset by the sign.

She moved to Rutherford County for the "small town friendly" atmosphere, she said. When she saw the sign on the side of the highway Saturday she felt angered and threatened.
Boo hoo. Wake me up when that minister flies planes into your buildings and kills thousands of your people.

D

dems4me

I agree, I didn't find anything distasteful about it... just funny and it made a good suggestion too :shrug:

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
Those retards chop people's heads off and kill for sport, yet the prevailing attitude is to try and "understand" their savagery and "embrace diversity".

I was unaware that American Muslims were engaging in this behavior.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
I was unaware that American Muslims were engaging in this behavior.
They don't do it but they certainly condone it. Otherwise they'd be more vocal about the ones that do.

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
They don't do it but they certainly condone it.

Sorry - I don't buy that.

Not using this as proof:

vraiblonde said:
Otherwise they'd be more vocal about the ones that do.

I have never bought into the broad sweeping generalization that Muslim = Terrorist or Terrorist Supporter. And I never will.

If that's the case, I'll also have to buy into the broad sweeping generalizations about Christians.

And Jews.

And blacks.

And women.

And homosexuals.

And Asians.

And so on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
I have never bought into the broad sweeping generalization that Muslim = Terrorist or Terrorist Supporter. And I never will.
I never used to. But when something like 9-11 happens and "American" Muslims look the other way and disregard what THEIR religion-mates did or, better yet, actually condone it, then I will call them what they are.

I am the loudest denouncer of women who make it tough on the rest of us. And if Muslims really don't approve of what the terrorists are do, they should say so. Instead, all I hear is a bunch of whining about the US support of Isreal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We had this Middle Eastern cab driver and Larry started engaging him in conversation about Arafat's death. This guy was like, "Arafat was a great man and it's the American media that makes him out to be a bad person. Blah blah...so misunderstood...blah blah...it's better back home...blah blah..."

But I noticed he said it in the relative safety and comfort of New York City and not somewhere on the Gaza Strip.

I, personally, would never desert my family and move to a foreign county. But that's exactly what this guy and millions like him have done to get away from their beloved homeland. :rolleyes:

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
I never used to. But when something like 9-11 happens and "American" Muslims look the other way and disregard what THEIR religion-mates did or, better yet, actually condone it, then I will call them what they are.

I am the loudest denouncer of women who make it tough on the rest of us. And if Muslims really don't approve of what the terrorists are do, they should say so. Instead, all I hear is a bunch of whining about the US support of Isreal.

:yeahthat: :clap: I don't recall seeing the American Muslim community getting all mad and fired up about the events of 9-11 or fired up about the the dancing in the streets of their counterparts in their faith across the ocean... all I heard them get upset and speak out about is the racial profiling that occurs ever since. And, truth be known Osami with his Al-Jehad crap about us killing muslims is BS, he killed more muslims (in the Towers) on 9/11 than any American has ever killed. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dems4me said:
I don't recall seeing the American Muslim community getting all mad and fired up about the events of 9-11 or fired up about the the dancing in the streets of their counterparts in their faith across the ocean... all I heard them get upset and speak out about is the racial profiling that occurs ever since.
They also got bent out of shape when Homeland Security froze their bank accounts because they were funneling money to terrorist organizations.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
They also got bent out of shape when Homeland Security froze their bank accounts because they were funneling money to terrorist organizations.

:drama: effn' spare me :drama:

What I don't understand is their anguish about being racial profiled... have they not put themselves in our shoes? Would they blame us?

Sheesh enough is enough... uncle sam lets them in and then gives them affordable housing (at a discount) an education (at a discount) a frickn' franchise like 7-11 to get a good start and have a shot at what all Americans (SHOULD) have a shot at.... I just don't get it sometimes... it makes me want to :barf: whenever they start whining about the silghtest thing... Big Effn' deal if folks are trying to flush the Koran... I remember watching Survivor a season or two ago and one guy's "most had to have item" to bring with him was the Bible... they ended up using the pages for toilet paper, you didn't see a bunch of Christians making world news protesting it and heads being blown off as a result... I say, get a grip already. :duh:

Last edited by a moderator:

PJay

Dems, "would they blame us" We are blamed for EVERYTHING.

I learned a great deal by falling upon a site that's anti American, there's lots actually. I was so blind, I hadn't a clue how much Americans are hated. I thought people knew us to be like we know us, what we're really made of. Caring, giving, etc. I can't believe what they actually believe...or want to?

Not sure, but it's chilling.

PJay

Sorry did not see the whole post, must have been in the beginning of typing it.

What angers me, after 9/11 happened, our borders should have been closed. IMO, they should still be closed.

Hessian

Do you remember...

A coffee table book that showed this couch being paced in odd places all over America?

I'd love to start up a new one with a Koran...

Photos of the Koran in the hands of an Orthodox Jew...
scratchin the back of some 300 lbs sow....
Put in a quarter gum drop machine...
Hanging on a rack with all the little whiskey bottles in a Liquour store
Letting kids color it...

Gee...might even get Salmon Rushdie to sign the introduction :dance:

Mikeinsmd

dems4me said:
What I don't understand is their anguish about being racial profiled...
It's not blonde haired, blue eyed boys hijacking airplanes, taking hostages, cutting heads off, blowing up commuter busses, etc..... in the name of the Quran.

I couldn't care less how that muslim woman feels!! :mad: Take a picture of that church sign, blow it up and get it circulating the net!!! :yay:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Aren't we just the intolerant ones? :jet:

I'll tell you, part of my :rolleyes: at the "pain and anguish" this sign causes Muslims is because they're such a bunch of lunatics that they'd start rioting over a false story that a book got flushed. Whenever someone overreacts or gets stupid about something that doesn't amount to a hill of crap, I have this desire to see if I can push them over the edge into absolute complete meltdown.

nawty1

Poker Shark
Last I checked...this still applied! When they agreed to come to the US they agreed to OUR laws!

Amendments to the Constitution

Article [I.] (See Note 13)
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

PJay

Mikeinsmd said:
It's not blonde haired, blue eyed boys hijacking airplanes, taking hostages, cutting heads off, blowing up commuter busses, etc..... in the name of the Quran.

I couldn't care less how that muslim woman feels!! :mad: Take a picture of that church sign, blow it up and get it circulating the net!!! :yay:

:yay:

Fire with fire.

It's really scarey the thing's I've read, how we are hated. The people that hate us are so smart, it's scarey.

I am really frightened at times. In America right now we are so busy fighting with one another about different issues. Thing's that when you think about it, aren't really important right now with what we really have facing us in protecting our homeland. I look at those we have chosen to run this country, those yet to come...sorry but I don't feel very secure in our futures. I hope I am wrong, but what I am seeing today scares me.

Just had to add this to the conversation.