Circumstances vs. Decisions

Do your circumstances determine your decisions or vice versa?

• Your circumstances determine your decisions.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Your decisions determine your circumstances.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I am confused.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by ceo_pte
I apologize... Sharon said that... I said he had to go through crap, temporarily!

I believe I would classify what he went through as a little bit worse than "going through crap". And it certainly wasn't temporary - didn't he lose a few sons? I don't remember them coming back from the dead. Seems pretty permanent to me.

You said good things happen to good people. You didn't say... "generally, good things happen to good people"... or "usually, good things happen to good people." You stated it as though if you're a good person, nothing bad ever happens to you. By that statement, if something bad happens to you, you must not be a good person.

:confused:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by kwillia
Well, I remember reading the 40 day flood was a direct result of threesomes and such would that be circumstances or decisions...:confused:

Lemme actually step in here and say that would be fiction. :bonk:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Lemme actually step in here and say that would be fiction. :bonk:

Can you prove that? :confused:
Last thing I heard about it was that the jury was still out.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Christy
:duh:

So when you sent out a pic of your wanker, was that a direct command from God or did you make that decision on your own? :duh:

H Y P O C R I T E. :duh:

I'd say he had no control over that. Must have been a higher power forcing him to send out such crap.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by sleuth
Can you prove that? :confused:
Last thing I heard about it was that the jury was still out.

Alright pot stirrer.... Wherever Dustin is he was there the night in question. :rolleyes:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Alright pot stirrer.... Wherever Dustin is he was there the night in question. :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Actually, we may soon know. Sometime in the past couple months, I heard there was another expedition planned to find the ark on Mt. Ararat. I wish I had a link. :frown:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
But I don't see how finding the ark would provide info into what the actual reason was for the flood... unless Noah kept a diary detailing peeps getting their freak on and they find the scrolls...:shrug:

It would still be a big find. And it would substantiate part of the story.

But wow... it would be something if Noah kept a log... and it were found.

nomoney

I'm thinking pix is a little preoccupied about a whole other different threesome then the one Kwillia was talking about:confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, what the hell. I wasn't going to get involved in this retread but...

Predestination, Karma and what-have-you are all a crock of sh*t. You make good decisions, mostly good things will happen to you. You make bad decisions, mostly bad things happen to you. End of story.

Like Pete said, true "bad luck", defined as something you have absolutely no control over, is rare. And when it does, it's just purely bad luck and has nothing to do with how good of a person you are.

If there is a supreme being, I highly doubt he spends his time worrying about one particular person. It is the height of arrogance to think God is looking out for YOU while letting some little kid get raped and murdered.

Vince

Originally posted by vraiblonde
It is the height of arrogance to think God is looking out for YOU while letting some little kid get raped and murdered.
:yeahthat: Most definitely.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
So I was driving down the road the other day, as I shifted gears the shift knob broke right off in my hand.

Is this bad luck or was God punishing me for speeding?

Christy

b*tch rocket
So I was driving down the road the other day, as I shifted gears the shift knob broke right off in my hand.

Is this bad luck or was God punishing me for speeding?

He was most definitely punishing you, and has been sending you clear messages for quite sometime now that you need to get rid of the Lexis.

Sheesh, I should be an ordained minister. Please leave a donation at the door please. :bubble:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Christy
He was most definitely punishing you, and has been sending you clear messages for quite sometime now that you need to get rid of the Lexis.

Sheesh, I should be an ordained minister. Please leave a donation at the door please. :bubble:

No no no.... I was driving the Ford... See.....

I do however believe that I should probably have a bike with a system as opposed to a car though....

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Admit it... you consulted your microwave for that answer, didn't you...
microwave.gif

The Gods have spoken. :bubble: