Climate Hypocrisy

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Progressive or Parody? ‘Stop Having Kids’ Movement Raises Eyebrows, Epitomizes Leftist Self-Loathing

It’s been fashionable in far-left circles for some time now to brag about how you’ve decided not to have kids in the name of the environment and climate change.

I have to admit, I thought at first that this movement had to be a parody. I mean, if you look at their website, most if not all images they have appear to be AI-generated, and some of the “information” they’ve posted there reads just like a parody.

For instance, they describe themselves as “antinatalists“:

Antinatalism is a stance that it is wrong for humans as a whole to procreate. For SHK antinatalism is a philosophical and ethical stance against human reproduction, rooted in harm reduction and rational consideration for future life. Antinatalism regards the implications that procreation has, both for humans, other animals, and the natural world. Many antinatalists consider intentional human reproduction (besides exceptions related to force) an irreversible, unnecessary, indefensible, and enduring form of harm, regardless of circumstances, situations, or consciousness in living.
The spread of intentionally abstaining from procreation can radically reduce suffering, exploitation, and environmental destruction in the world. Refraining from creating new life is the most efficient and effective means of minimizing suffering and injustice for all current and future sentient beings.

But as it turns out, it is a real movement, as noted by the Portland, Oregon-based Willamette Week in 2022:

The boards, at Northeast Killingsworth Street and Interstate 205 and Southeast Division and 106th Avenue, went up Jan. 3 and 12, respectively. Both blare the same terse message: “Stop Having Kids,” in white text on a black background.
The billboards say they are paid for by a little-known organization called Stop Having Kids. That same advocacy group, which got its start in Portland, according to a spokeswoman, put up a third billboard along Interstate 5 near Salem: “A Lot of Humans Wish They Had Never Been Born.”
[…]
Stop Having Kids spokeswoman Ashley Riddle says the group started informally in Portland a few months before March 2021 and identifies itself as a “collective liberation movement.” Its website makes the group’s platform clear: The organization is “antinatalist,” meaning it’s against all human reproduction.
[…]
State records show, however, that Stop Having Kids was incorporated in January 2021 by Eric Goldberg, a Portland photographer whose middle name is Dietz.

Dietz, who is also an animal rights activist, was profiled by Harper’s Magazine in March:

In the summertime, Alex and Dietz decided to take a road trip. The two had met years earlier on Instagram, as fellow animal-rights activists, and had discovered that they agreed on much more than veganism. Actually they agreed on basically everything, including that new human life is not a gift but a needless perpetuation of suffering. Babies grow up to be adults, and adulthood contains loneliness, rejection, drudgery, hopelessness, regret, grief, and terror. Even grade school contains that much. Why put someone through that, Alex and Dietz agreed, when a child could just as well never have known existence at all? The unborn do not appear to be moaning at us from the void, petitioning to be let into life. This idea—that having children is unethical—has come to be known as antinatalism, and in 2021 Dietz set up an Instagram account for a new organization he called Stop Having Kids.

As one might imagine, more than a few eyebrows have been raised about this movement, a movement which in my view epitomizes leftist self-loathing:

I support Gov Funds for Sterilizing ALL Environmentalists I would go so far as suggest care in the Canadian Healthcare System for their depression

DaSDGuy

Progressive or Parody? ‘Stop Having Kids’ Movement Raises Eyebrows, Epitomizes Leftist Self-Loathing

It’s been fashionable in far-left circles for some time now to brag about how you’ve decided not to have kids in the name of the environment and climate change.

I have to admit, I thought at first that this movement had to be a parody. I mean, if you look at their website, most if not all images they have appear to be AI-generated, and some of the “information” they’ve posted there reads just like a parody.

For instance, they describe themselves as “antinatalists“:

But as it turns out, it is a real movement, as noted by the Portland, Oregon-based Willamette Week in 2022:

Dietz, who is also an animal rights activist, was profiled by Harper’s Magazine in March:

As one might imagine, more than a few eyebrows have been raised about this movement, a movement which in my view epitomizes leftist self-loathing:

I support Gov Funds for Sterilizing ALL Environmentalists I would go so far as suggest care in the Canadian Healthcare System for their depression

Finally a cause that I can say would justify euthanasia. Let them do the world a favor and off themselves. We can even give them tax deduction.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Politico Explains Why Republicans Will 'Regret Their Crusade Against Electric Cars'

It's funny … Politico told us one year ago that Republicans were stoking the fires of the next big culture war: electric vehicles. Just last month, Politico suggested a brilliant idea to get conservatives on board with EVs … electric vehicle racing. Politico asked if Formula E — the world’s only all-electric racing series — could save Joe Biden's presidency.

In other words, Politico is all over the place, demonstrating exactly how poorly the policy of EVs has been handled. Now they have an opinion piece saying Republicans might come to regret their "crusade" against electric cars this November, according to a recent poll.

Mike Murphy writes:

First, we asked voters if they had a mostly favorable, mixed or mostly unfavorable opinion of “American car brands.” On this topic Republicans and Democrats were in lockstep: Republicans rated American car brands 59 percent mostly favorable while Democrats rated them 55 percent mostly favorable.
But when we asked voters to rate “electric car brands” the partisan divide was stark: GOP voters gave electric car brands a net 40 percent unfavorable rating, while Democrats gave EV brands a 15 percent net favorable rating. That’s a huge, 55-point gap between Republicans and Democrats.
Why such Republican hostility toward electric cars? It’s tribal. In our modern politics any friend of my enemy must be my enemy too. If Joe Biden is for EVs, we must be against them. GOP politicians looking for cheap applause cannot help but pile on and amplify one of the latest turns in the culture war.
Yet there is real political downside for Republicans who embrace this easy feedback loop of EV attacks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Hidden Behind Climate Policies, Data From Nonexistent Temperature Stations

“Fossil fuel pollution is sending climate chaos off the charts. Sirens are blaring across all major indicators: Last year saw record heat, record sea levels, and record ocean surface temperatures. … Some records aren’t just chart-topping, they’re chart-busting.”

President Joe Biden called the climate “an existential threat” in his 2023 State of the Union address. “Let’s face reality. The climate crisis doesn’t care if you’re in a red or a blue state.”

In his 2024 address he said, “I don’t think any of you think there’s no longer a climate crisis. At least, I hope you don’t.”

When recalling past temperatures to make comparisons to the present, and, more importantly, inform future climate policy, officials such as Mr. Guterres and President Biden rely in part on temperature readings from the United States Historical Climatology Network (USHCN).

The network was established to provide an “accurate, unbiased, up-to-date historical climate record for the United States,” NOAA states, and it has recorded more than 100 years of daily maximum and minimum temperatures from stations across the United States.
The problem, say experts, is that an increasing number of USHCN’s stations don’t exist anymore.

1712749977624.png

“They are physically gone—but still report data—like magic,” said Lt. Col. John Shewchuk, a certified consulting meteorologist.

“NOAA fabricates temperature data for more than 30 percent of the 1,218 USHCN reporting stations that no longer exist.”

He calls them “ghost” stations.

Mr. Shewchuck said USHCN stations reached a maximum of 1,218 stations in 1957, but after 1990 the number of active stations began declining due to aging equipment and personnel retirements.

NOAA still records data from these ghost stations by taking the temperature readings from surrounding stations, and recording their average for the ghost station, followed by an “E,” for estimate.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

European Court of Human Rights: People Can Sue Their Government to Force Climate Action Cuz #Feelz

But come summer, when it gets too hot even for them, I do not understand the opposition to using a few of man's wonderful inventions to - as opposed to heat - cool your home to 85° or whatever. Rather than take the chance on your granny expiring from heat exhaustion because she hasn't a fan or a window a/c unit.

The Europeans won't bend that knee, even for Granny.

Swiss Grannies, in fact, have decided it makes more sense to sue their government for not ruining more lives by imposing climate cult edicts than it does to plug in a fan in the summer.

So that's what they did. And they won.

Swiss women win landmark climate case at Europe top human rights court
Europe's top human rights court ruled on Tuesday that the Swiss government had violated the human rights of its citizens by failing to do enough to combat climate change, in a decision that will set a precedent for future climate lawsuits.

The European Court of Human Rights's ruling, in favour of the more than 2,000 Swiss women who brought the case, is expected to resonate in court decisions across Europe and beyond, and to embolden more communities to bring climate cases against governments.

WAIT, WHUT

Oh, it gets even better. Not that this court sees themselves as lunatic activists or anything - Heaven forbid. The ECHR is on a crusade, my friends, and the neat thing about them is anything that they declare to be so cannot be appealed. Additionally, any judgments out of this tribunal steam-roll across the entire EU membership.

That's some heavy-duty power.

...The court, which calls itself “the conscience of Europe”, found that Switzerland had failed to comply with its duties to stop climate change. It also set out a path for organisations to bring further cases on behalf of applicants.
The Swiss verdict opens up all 46 members of the Council of Europe to similar cases in national courts that they are likely to lose.
Joie Chowdhury, an attorney at the Centre for International Environmental Law campaign group, said the judgment left no doubt that the climate crisis was a human rights crisis. “We expect this ruling to influence climate action and climate litigation across Europe and far beyond,” she said.

What the smug Swiss grannies have wrought is what, say, the Green Party couldn't do in Germany because of voters beginning a backlash.

Such sweet old ladies, huh?

...The KlimaSeniorinnen, a group of 2,400 older Swiss women, told the court that several of their rights were being violated. Because older women are more likely to die in heatwaves – which have become hotter and more common because of fossil fuels – they argued that Switzerland should do its share to stop the planet heating by the Paris agreement target of 1.5C (2.7F) above preindustrial levels.

Don't think for two seconds that wasn't the plan all along when activists started to see how the wind was shifting as far as European elections and the pushback on the utter and complete disaster Green policies have been throughout Europe. NetZero could describe what the renewable transition benefit has been to your average rate-payer, not Mother Earth. Everyone not connected with the cult has been left in the cold and dark and it's only getting worse. Hence, the general uprising at elections and the frantic scrambling to CYA in Brussels.

Now, thanks to the EU set-up and this unassailable verdict from an unelected, unaccountable uni-court, the Greens have a way to force action on carbon and greenhouse gas goals, wishes of European voters be damned.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Even Senate Democrats Are Starting to Reject Biden's Radical Environmental Agenda

The Senate passed a resolution on Wednesday voting down an important aspect of the Biden administration's efforts to force the transition to electric vehicles (EVs).

In a 53-47 vote, Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Sherrod Brown of Ohio, and Jon Tester of Montana joined Republicans in blocking a rule aimed at reducing the number of gas-powered cars on America’s roads. Independent Sen. Krysten Sinema also supported the measure.

Politico reported:

The regulation from the Federal Highway Administration, Reg. 2125-AF99, required state transportation planners to calculate greenhouse gas emissions related to highway use and set targets for reducing that pollution. The rule gave states leeway to set targets and imposed no penalties for not meeting them.
But two different federal judges in recent weeks have ruled against the regulation. A judge in Texas in late March found that the rule exceeded FHWA’s statutory authority and issued a nationwide injunction. And last week, a judge in Kentucky similarly concluded that the rule was overreach.

Sadly, Joe Biden still has the power to veto the measure, even if it passes the House. In a statement, the White House described it as a "common-sense, good-government tool for transparently managing transportation-related GHG emissions and informing transportation investment decisions."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Admin Locking Down HALF of Alaska's National Petroleum Reserve From Energy Development

Just when you thought they couldn't do anything more to make sure energy costs keep rising, we learn now that the Biden administration's Bureau of Land Management plans to lock down half - half of Alaska's National Petroleum Reserve.

The 23 million-acre petroleum reserve on the North Slope was set aside as an emergency oil supply, originally for the U.S. Navy, by President Warren Harding.
In 1976, in accordance with the Naval Petroleum Reserves Production Act, administration of the reserve was transferred to the Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and renamed the NPR-A.
President Joe Biden is on the verge of locking down half of it, making it unavailable for oil and gas development. He intends to do so with a new rule that is proposed by the Biden Administration through the Bureau of Land Management, a division of the Department of Interior. The pubic [sic] comment period has ended, and the rule will be finalized soon.
Rep. Mary Peltola endorses Biden’s reelection and has had no apparent willingness or ability to reverse the impending economic damage to Alaska.

Rep. Mary Peltola (D-AK), it should be noted, faces two Republican challengers in November, thanks to the vagaries of Alaska's ranked-choice voting system (a repeal of which is also on the ballot this year). Peltola's voting record is mixed; Alaska Public Media names her one of the "least loyal" Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives, while noting that she votes with fellow Democrats in 88 percent of the votes taken during her term.

In this case, though, the onus for this action is on the Executive branch.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

We Warned You: Germany Will Have to Ban Weekend Driving to Meet Net Zero Goals

Back when COVID lockdowns happened, a lot of us warned you that the same logic used to keep us at home for COVID -- the public health emergency -- would be used to find other reasons to keep us home. Like environmentalism.

And now Germany is doing just that:

You will own nothing, go nowhere, and like it.

More from The Telegraph:

Germany’s transport minister has warned that driving will have to be banned at the weekends unless the country’s net zero laws are changed.
Volker Wissing’s FDP party wants the law amended so the polluting transport sector can miss carbon emissions reduction targets, as long as Germany as a whole reaches them.
But the change is opposed by the Greens, who are part of the three-way coalition with the pro-business FDP and the Social Democrats (SPD), led by Olaf Scholz, the chancellor.
Negotiations over the law have dragged on since September last year. In a bid to heap pressure on his coalition partners to amend the law, Mr Wissing said that he would have to enforce a ban on weekend driving to abide by the law unless it was changed before mid-July.
The Greens accused Mr Wissing of stirring up unfounded fears at a time when German enthusiasm for climate-friendly legislation is at a low ebb during the cost of living crisis.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
:doh::banghead::crazy:

Imagine the state of mind of someone to come up with this ####.

Of all the things that add to my day, whether the earth spinning a second slower isnt' one of them.

Grumpy

Imagine the state of mind of someone to come up with this ####.

Of all the things that add to my day, whether the earth spinning a second faster isnt' one of them.
The funny thing is both cites were back to back on FreeRepublic, dueling theroys, I guess...:lol:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
The funny thing is both cites were back to back on FreeRepublic, dueling theroys, I guess...:lol:
Can't wait for the article that claims the oceans will be 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003% shallower due to evaporation from global-warming-change-climate-racism.