Clinton Marriage?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
http://drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

When the subject of Bill and Hillary Clinton comes up for many prominent Democrats these days, Topic A is their marriage, the NEW YORK TIMES is planning to report in a Tuesday Page One Lead Story.

It would seem to me that the LAST thing anyone would be worried about in voting for or against Hillary would be her marital status. There is nothing you can do about it. No one expects her to have this 'together' image. No one expects Bill to NOT do embarrassing things.

Is there anyone, ANYONE who would truly say;

"Well, I can support Hillary on socializing medicine, raising taxes and bestowing children with legal rights over their parents, but, this marriage thing...I just don't know..."

It will be interesting to read the story but I think they are trying to defuse a bomb that went off a long, long time ago.

Is this important to anyone?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Larry Gude said:
http://drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

It would seem to me that the LAST thing anyone would be worried about in voting for or against Hillary would be her marital status. There is nothing you can do about it. No one expects her to have this 'together' image. No one expects Bill to NOT do embarrassing things.

Is there anyone, ANYONE who would truly say;

"Well, I can support Hillary on socializing medicine, raising taxes and bestowing children with legal rights over their parents, but, this marriage thing...I just don't know..."

It will be interesting to read the story but I think they are trying to defuse a bomb that went off a long, long time ago.

Is this important to anyone?
I don't see why marital status should have anything to do with politics, but that's the way it is.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I might have respected Hillary personally, not necessarily politically, if she had dropped Bill like the dog he is after the Lewinsky story broke. It would have been satisfying if she had called a press conference and opened the event by kneeing Bill in the groin.

The only thing important about the Clinton marriage is the fact that they use it to help each other politically.

Obviously there is no love lost between the two of them.
1. They dont live together--in fact just the opposite.
2. We all know Bubba plays around and some of us are pretty sure she does too, although she appears to be bi-sexual.
3.After Bubba admitted he had received money from the Arabs who wished to run our ports Hillary appeared not to know of it. So they dont even know each other financial dealings.

No the marriage is one of convenience, one of mutual dependence. She used Bill to gain power as First lady and Bill will use her to return to the White House as "First Man" --certainly not First Gentleman---if he can. It has nothing to do with what most of us consider a marriage. No sex, no mutual respect, no tender moments, unless for photo-ops, No sharing of their lives, not even the love of their progeny, as neither of them seem to have any further interest in their daughter, who was raised by Govt. nannies.

Hillary is a cold ruthless , crude, selfish, abusive, greeedy, power mad, woman with penis envy. If she were not powerful she would be pitiable.
When she supports entitlements it isnt because she really feels anything for those who gain the entitlements , it is because they help her in her quest for power.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's not my point...

Bustem' Down said:
I don't see why marital status should have anything to do with politics, but that's the way it is.

...a happily married 50 year old is going to see governing differently than a 50 year old with a chaotic private life. Certainly the condition of ones marital status matters a great deal if you seek to govern other peoples lives.

What I am saying is that their marital status is a known, a given. I'm intested in why there is this interest in even bringing it up.

Maybe it's aimed at young voters?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Tonio said:
I might have respected Hillary personally, not necessarily politically, if she had dropped Bill like the dog he is.
:yeahthat: I think her staying in the marriage says a lot about her priorties and political ambitions.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Tom Sawyer said:
Hillary is a cold ruthless , crude, selfish, abusive, greeedy, power mad, woman with penis envy.

I agree with most of that. But where does the penis envy come in? I think a woman can lust for power and still be feminine. Many of Hollywood's sexiest actresses might fit that description.

Pete

Repete
I dunno, in "American President" Michael Douglas did pretty good as a single guy before he started doing bangbangbang with Annette Benning. :shrug: I saw it on TV so it must be true.

You think Hillary is feminine????

Do you think she is attrractive in "Old Crusty" ?

Vince Foster made the mistake of thinking she was feminine.

B

Bruzilla

I tend to agree that it should have no bearing on people's opinion of her, but I think there is one valid aspect of it. I think it's safe to say that most any rational woman would have left Bill Clinton years ago... given his record. Hillary isn't some naive schoolgirl or suffering from battered wife syndrome or any of that sort of thing. She stays with him because it is politically expedient for her to do so, and that says a lot about her as a candidate.

If she's willing to endure his past actions, and his current actions, to maintain a relationship with a guy more for his political status than personal affection, then what does that say about her as a candidate for President? We already know she flip-flops on issues as much as John Kerry, we also know she helped sell us out to the CHICOMS, so one must ask what else she might do in order to win? Someone who will do anything or say anything in order to win an election is not someone you want in office.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Two sides to a coin...

I think it's safe to say that most any rational woman would have left Bill Clinton years ago...

That's a two way street right there. Again, I think it is long past any kind of news that their marriage is like many other of power now and in history; one of image. They ain't together because they have to be.

She stays with him because it is politically expedient for her to do so, and that says a lot about her as a candidate.

Exactly and who cares and why is this news? I think it's fascinating that there actually is thought that ANYONE is gonna think of her candidacy (And my $1) in terms of her marriages health.

Someone who will do anything or say anything in order to win an election is not someone you want in office

And yet we have so many, yes?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Tom Sawyer said:
You think Hillary is feminine????

No way! But it doesn't have anything to do with her lust for power. She doesn't look all that bad for a woman her age, certainly when compared with Nancy Pelosi who could double for The Joker. But (and this is a a big but) she is arrogant and self-centered, and those would be big turnoffs for me even if they showed up in a woman like Laetitia Casta.

I was just arguing that a lust for power doesn't automatically make a woman unfeminine or a man-wannabe.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Larry Gude said:
Again, I think it is long past any kind of news that their marriage is like many other of power now and in history; one of image. They ain't together because they have to be.

True. Bill always seemed like a sexless oaf, but plenty of women were drawn to him. But then, I never understood why women like Diane Keaton and Mia Farrow were drawn to Woody Allen.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
They ain't together because they have to be.
Hillary Clinton is easy to figure out. She has this image of perfection that she's trying to sell - perfect career, perfect child, perfect little wifey with a perfect marriage. She has major insecurity issues - that's why she lied about being named after Sir Edmund Hillary and lied about Chelsea being right there when 9-11 happened. Lying about things that have no gain for her other than to make her feel important.

If you read her Living History book, she tries to pass off these sweet domestic scenes with her and Bill or her and Chelsea, like she's just Donna Reed or something. "I made Bill his favorite cinnamon coffee cake to cheer him up after he got Newtered by Congress..."

I'll bet her Dad berated her constantly and made her feel insignificant as a child. That's why nothing is ever enough. And she DEFINITELY isn't going to admit to a failed marriage - not to that friggin' oaf. When they met in college, Bill was Joe Cool and she was this wonky nerd who chased him around begging to carry his books so he could have both hands free to grope the cheerleaders.

To admit her marriage is a mess would be to admit she made a mistake, and she isn't going to do that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
...is to make them sound successfully married?
Of course. Just this happy little pair of two-career empty nesters. :dance:

Never mind that he is basically unemployed, so there's no reason why they couldn't have dinner together if they really wanted to. But she needs him if she wants to keep her Senate job or be elected President. When she gets too shrill and overbearing, she trots him out there to schmooze and grease the skids because that's what he does best - make friends.

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
Of course. Just this happy little pair of two-career empty nesters. :dance:

Never mind that he is basically unemployed, so there's no reason why they couldn't have dinner together if they really wanted to. But she needs him if she wants to keep her Senate job or be elected President. When she gets too shrill and overbearing, she trots him out there to schmooze and grease the skids because that's what he does best - make friends.
:yeahthat: The American memory is grossly short. They can probably even pull it off with 70% of the people buying it despite he was getting a :monica: in the oval office just a few years ago and the list of adultery allegations is a mile long.