Clothing donation pickup

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Does anybody know of any place that will come to a home and pick up clothing donations in St. Mary's County? And it is a LARGE quality of clothes - at last count there were about 2 dozen large trash bags filled. All clothes are clean and condition is gently used or new w/tags. TIA!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Does anybody know of any place that will come to a home and pick up clothing donations in St. Mary's County? And it is a LARGE quality of clothes - at last count there were about 2 dozen large trash bags filled. All clothes are clean and condition is gently used or new w/tags. TIA!

Purple Heart?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Purple Heart?

I've tried them and have gotten no response so far. I know they used to come to Calvert and pick up donations when I lived there but have no clue if they come to St. Mary's. I will try contacting them again tomorrow.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I've tried them and have gotten no response so far. I know they used to come to Calvert and pick up donations when I lived there but have no clue if they come to St. Mary's. I will try contacting them again tomorrow.

They came to my place when I lived in Calvert too. Never tried from St. Mary's.
Sorry.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I don't know about SMC, but Purple Heart, Value Village Goodwill and Salvation Army all come to Charles County. Google "clothing donations" and see what you get.

Purple Heart or American Rescue Workers (I don't remember which) comes to St. Mary's because Dymphna has left stuff out for them before.

bcp

In My Opinion
Couple years ago I had replaced all the TVs with flat screens, so I had perfectly good sets to get rid of.
So I called Salvation Army, they said the would not pick up in my area, I would have to bring it to them.
Dump was closer.
Guess where the sets went.

Justme2

Couple years ago I had replaced all the TVs with flat screens, so I had perfectly good sets to get rid of.
So I called Salvation Army, they said the would not pick up in my area, I would have to bring it to them.
Dump was closer.
Guess where the sets went.

Ever hear of Free cycle?
It is a web site you ask or give things away to keep them out of the Dump. But you may not sell anything. FREECYCLE.

bcp

In My Opinion
Ever hear of Free cycle?
It is a web site you ask or give things away to keep them out of the Dump. But you may not sell anything. FREECYCLE.

Got this issue with random people coming to the house.
and with old style T.Vs, you are not going be getting the cream of the crop that wants it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I'll come get them!!!

100% tax deductible and 100% of them are given back to the community at no charge at all what-so-ever.

Health Partners is a non-profit organization dedicated to delivering quality health care to the uninsured and under insured of Charles County by leveraging the skills and resources of the community.

Health Partners, Inc. > Home

Full disclosure: they will be donated back in Charles County, MD and not St.Mary's or Calvert however they do have "Health Partners Day" a few times a year where any one from any where can come to get FREE health, dental and vision services as well as shop in the clothes shop. I say shop because I don't know how else to word it, there is no register because they are given 100% free of charge.

ps-I do not represent or work for Health Partners, we donate our time and resources there because it is a good cause so whatever I can do to help them I do.

I haven't gotten any response from the other places and if you're willing to travel to St. Mary's to get them, they're yours. I don't care where they go as long as they're used for a good cause and this definitely sounds like the case. :smile:

So...check your PMs.

jsouthan

If you still need a pick-up, here is the online scheduling site for Purple Heart: http://www.purpleheartpickup.org/ I have scheduled pick-ups with them here several times and it works great. They do come to areas only at certain times, but I just get stuff together in the week or so leading up to it, then put it all on the porch that day.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If you still need a pick-up, here is the online scheduling site for Purple Heart: http://www.purpleheartpickup.org/ I have scheduled pick-ups with them here several times and it works great. They do come to areas only at certain times, but I just get stuff together in the week or so leading up to it, then put it all on the porch that day.

Thanks for the information. I emailed them several days ago from that site and have gotten no response but will try again if the pickup with MarylandMark doesn't work out.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And a big thank you to MarylandMark for taking time on Sunday to make the trek and get the clothes. But...you should have brought a bigger truck. :lol:

Also, any ideas for donating other household goods? Pots, pans, microwave, small appliances, TV, etc?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Pleasure to meet you and THANK YOU for the donations!! I'm going to drop them off later this morning and will get the rest of the answers at that time.

No kidding on the bigger truck! Yours is the largest collection I've picked up in the 3+ years I've been doing this, fantastic!!

Well, I did WARN you there was quite a lot. I'm just glad it only took a little persuading to get your truck bed cover closed. :lol:

Glad to be able to donate so generously to your worthy cause. :cheers: