Coffee

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Recently I decided to go OG and try the mass produced coffees of my yoot. Folgers, Maxwell House, and Chock Full O' Nuts. For a few weeks I've been kidding myself that they're as good as the pricey coffee I typically buy, but now I'm back to reality and won't be buying it again. Well, I might give Eight O'Clock a try, whole beans instead of ground this time, and see if it's palatable. If not, I'm done experimenting and will go back to drinking good coffee. Life's short.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I like a bit of flavor in mine, but the flavored coffees are way too overpowering, so I've taken to blending my own. I like maple flavor, but that's been hard to find lately, pecan is ok, hazelnut a last resort. 1 scoop of flavored to 3-4 scoops of regular coffee works out just about right.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
We've been enjoying this one for a few months. Only place I have found it is Weis in Callaway.
1106220735.jpg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I like a bit of flavor in mine, but the flavored coffees are way too overpowering, so I've taken to blending my own. I like maple flavor, but that's been hard to find lately, pecan is ok, hazelnut a last resort. 1 scoop of flavored to 3-4 scoops of regular coffee works out just about right.
I do that with my huckleberry.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
When in the mood for cinnamon coffee I fill coffee filter with coffee grounds and generously sprinkle cinnamon on top.

So good. And, the house smells wonderful.
Oh, this is a wonderful idea! I'd be drinking it all by myself as the better half wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, but it's totally do-able! Thanks for posting this!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Thanks for posting this! We've been grinding our own beans at home since we bought our house in 1987. I taught for a few years with a colleague from Italy who introduced me to LavAzza coffee. The best so far! Although Chesapeake Bay Roasters' Oyster Reef is a close second!
I thought the lavassa coffee was the one they picked out of the goat turds,

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Or Gourmet Supreme, whichever was available. I have a hard time finding the Food Lion brand in dark roast, but get it when I can. Stock up on Folgers when its on sale.

Black Silk was on sale and came out to the same price as the FL brand, which was also on sale, so I snagged three. The Leonardtown store had plenty of both.
:dye:

I just looked at the containers. FL is 11.3oz and Folgers is 9.3oz. After this batch, back to FL brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: rio

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yes, thanx. They've had the ground right along, but it tastes different than whole bean ground at home. I suspect they grind it and then blend it with other coffees for the current ground version.
I grabbed a bag. I like to mix it with my huckleberry...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I grabbed a bag. I like to mix it with my huckleberry...
They also have a maple pecan. Maple has been rather hard to find recently, but Aldi will have it as a stock item for while. I picked up a few and put them in storage. I mix the maple pecan with the fresh ground 1 to 4. Nice flavor without being overwhelming.