Coffee

DogWhisperer

I can't recommend my Ninja Coffee Bar enough -- I've had it a couple years now and probably will upgrade soon to a newer version but it can make single cup, travel, half- and full-carafe (8 cup). Option for rich brew or classic, or even over ice (which brews the coffee as a concentrate, pouring over the ice to melt enough for non-watered down iced coffee). Some come with attached milk frothers for fancy coffees but I love a basic cup and it definitely delivers.
I started looking and they've got a lot of models. Yours sounds nice and close to what we'd like. Do you remember your model by chance?

DaSDGuy

Looking for a new coffee maker. Any recommendations, has to be versatile enough for all the coffee drinkers at the house.
Go manual. Get Peets fresh roasted beans, not ground. They only roast when you order so they are always fresh. Use a burr grinder when you need to brew. Course ground, place in the 8 cup Bodum French press (I have two for when the fam shows up to visit). Add boiling water from the hot pot (use that for tea too). The nice thing about the French press is the coffee doesn't burn if left over. Just micro a cup later if any is left. Peets Major Dickason is a nice middle range flavor. They have a decent Sumatra blend too.

CPUSA

I started drinking coffee 5 years ago, while spending 7 days in the hospital while my husband recovered from heart surgery. I was in my 50's.

Yeah, my first foray into coffee was hospital coffee. shutter

I've recently discovered the French press. What a delicious cup of coffee!

So, how old were you when you started drinking coffee? and how do you like it prepared?
I was 5.
I prefer it the same way SMC79 prefers her friends...

USAFRetired

My favorie coffee maker. I only use Peet’s Major Dickinson whole bean. Every cup made to order.
IMG_1076.jpeg

Bobwhite

I went back to an electric percolator. It's only a little more work than the keurig but the coffee is a lot hotter and I think it tastes better. The reason I got rid of my one-cup keurig was because I went to clean it and I ran vinegar through it but when I went to clean the part where you pour the water I found that there were small nooks and crannies where it never got dry and there was this disgusting black gunk in there. YUK!!! And I was drinking from that. I just threw it in the trash and bought a percolator.

DogWhisperer

Go manual. Get Peets fresh roasted beans, not ground. They only roast when you order so they are always fresh. Use a burr grinder when you need to brew. Course ground, place in the 8 cup Bodum French press (I have two for when the fam shows up to visit). Add boiling water from the hot pot (use that for tea too). The nice thing about the French press is the coffee doesn't burn if left over. Just micro a cup later if any is left. Peets Major Dickason is a nice middle range flavor. They have a decent Sumatra blend too.
I've got a large and small french press as well. I may have to look for a new grinder though. I get a pretty fine grind from the one I currently use. I do like french press coffee.