colonoscopy

M

Mousebaby

colonoscopy having one on june 3
how bad is it?

The worst part about the whole thing is you worrying about it. It's really no sweat! They knock you out and it seems like 2 seconds later they are waking you up.

I take that back, the prep is the worst part, then the worrying. Once that's out of the way your good! :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The worst part is the ick you have to drink the night before to clean yourself out first. I've never had one, but friends and family who have, this is what they always talk about.

M

Mousebaby

The worst part is the ick you have to drink the night before to clean yourself out first. I've never had one, but friends and family who have, this is what they always talk about.

They gave me little pills the last time, no ick to drink. But bud those pills sure do a number on the old gut! :dead:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Hopefully you only have to drink the 2 little bottles of the Fleet stuff, not old fashioned gallon of crap maker. Make sure you have reading material on hand.

I was in twilight sleep., I think it went fine, I didn't feel a thing. You'll be fine :yay:

braneag

Sweetpea
Just had colonoscopy and upper endoscopy last Monday. Like mostly everyone else is saying the worst part is the prep the night before. It actually made me vomit. I was terrified the day of the procedure. Heart was racing like crazy but I don't remember a thing. I was asleep the whole time. I would rather go have that done again then get a root canal. Not bad at all. Good luck and I'm sure you will be just fine!

Vince

Hopefully you only have to drink the 2 little bottles of the Fleet stuff, not old fashioned gallon of crap maker. Make sure you have reading material on hand.

I was in twilight sleep., I think it went fine, I didn't feel a thing. You'll be fine :yay:
Depending on who does it, they don't give you the Fleet stuff (phosphesoda) anymore. They say it's not good for you. They've gone back to the old 1 gal mix of the white stuff. Other than spending the night on the toilet, it's a piece of cake. :yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Hopefully you only have to drink the 2 little bottles of the Fleet stuff, not old fashioned gallon of crap maker.

:yeahthat: It was sort of nasty, but not that bad. The actual cleansing part wasn't any worse than the after effects of a trip to Tijuana, and without the vomit.

The actual procedure was no problem. They don't actually put you all the way under, but they do give you something to make you forget. I remember watching it on the TV, and I remember when they turned a corner.

Next thing I knew, the Dr. was telling me what everyone has always suspected: I am perfect A-hole!

M

Mousebaby

:yeahthat: It was sort of nasty, but not that bad. The actual cleansing part wasn't any worse than the after effects of a trip to Tijuana, and without the vomit.

The actual procedure was no problem. They don't actually put you all the way under, but they do give you something to make you forget. I remember watching it on the TV, and I remember when they turned a corner.

Next thing I knew, the Dr. was telling me what everyone has always suspected: I am perfect A-hole!

:snort:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

That was the worst part, the 'forget it' stuff. That took my a while to shake. I couldn't talk for a while after, which I am sure was a blessing to my driver :lol: Mine didn't come out perfect but now I know what is wrong :lmao:

As everyone else said, the worst is drinking that crap the night before and sitting on the head the rest of the night. I had some stuff that I mixed with ginger ale, but it was still nasty. I'd rather drink 2 gallons of pickle juice, which would do the same thing! :lmao:

I woke up in the middle of my procedure just in time to see a polyp on the TV screen. Just as I was nodding off again, he cut it out. Felt more like a cramp than anything else. The "forget it" stuff didn't work. I remembered everything when I was semi-awake.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
That explains your av!

:roflmao: why yes, it does.

As everyone else said, the worst is drinking that crap the night before and sitting on the head the rest of the night. I had some stuff that I mixed with ginger ale, but it was still nasty. I'd rather drink 2 gallons of pickle juice, which would do the same thing! :lmao:

I woke up in the middle of my procedure just in time to see a polyp on the TV screen. Just as I was nodding off again, he cut it out. Felt more like a cramp than anything else. The "forget it" stuff didn't work. I remembered everything when I was semi-awake.

:huggy: Did you save your colon pics? :lol: