Commissary

tuffenuff2

Has anybody been to the commissary on Pax this week? We are planning on going tomorrow for our usual two week shop. We don't need tp or paper towels mostly dog and cat food and bits and pieces.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I went on Saturday - they were stocked okay than plenty in the pet food aisle, lots of milk, eggs, and bread - tons of fruit/veggies.
better than the local grocery stores.
Giant is finally restocking the meat, but slowly. They have the cases filled in with lunchables and lunch meat.
Some types and cuts are not available (Chicken is slim pickings.)
Produce was ok
Mike and eggs so so - eggs were better this week than last, last week there was only the organic fancy pants brand.
and not to many of those.

luvmygdaughters

Retired hubby, has part time job as a vendor, for the chicken account at the commissary. He says as soon as an order comes in, he puts it out, its bought out immediately.

tuffenuff2

Got in line at 8:45, got into the store at 9:05 only to be told that I'm too young- it's sixty plus between 9-10. Also no bags allowed from home. Very limited chicken. 1 pack of drumsticks, 1 pack thighs, 1 pack boneless thighs and lots of wings. You're only allowed 2 chicken products per person, 1 eggs, 2 pasta boxes, 1 20lb bag of rice. No tp or paper towels but we didn't need any. When you call the commissary the recorded message says they open from 9-7 nothing about senior shopping from 9-10.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I went without a list - no idea if I got what I needed or not. I did get two package of chicken thighs, ground beef, and stew beef - although I don't know why....
Not to bust your chops, but you made a special trip to the commissary to purchase stuff you didn't need??? Isn't that part of the problem?

tuffenuff2

See, if you weren’t hamging with the Corona types and opted for the 10 oz. Bud Light types instead I’ll bet you would know where to find all the ~100 proof stuff you would ever need :lmao:
the exchange had plenty of alcohol.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Trust me - not griping - damn near kissed the meat department. Do you need anything Bernie - I'm going tomorrow morning.
No, but thank you. First, I'm not very picky eater. Second, I am a very creative cook, and third, I have food and water.
I typically cook fresh, lots of veggies in my diet, complex carbs and proteins.