Concerts and ear protection

Homer J

Power Chord
I wear ear plugs when I mow the lawn. I usually wore them at concerts too. Until, the last time I saw Rush, because I knew it would be the last time I'd ever see them live. I went without because I wanted the full experience.

jrt_ms1995

I wear ear plugs when I mow the lawn. I usually wore them at concerts too. Until, the last time I saw Rush, because I knew it would be the last time I'd ever see them live. I went without because I wanted the full experience.
Saw Rush in Hampton in '90. Twenty-or-so rows back from the stage; ears ringing for a full week afterwards. Good times! 👍

Homer J

Power Chord
Saw Rush in Hampton in '90. Twenty-or-so rows back from the stage; ears ringing for a full week afterwards. Good times! 👍
I had tickets to that show. The Navy made me miss it though. I did see them there in '92 when Primus opened for them.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That night we were the drunken crowd :jet:
Not completely! The drunk beyotch that was in front of me kept falling backwards into me. Christy finally hoisted her forward and told her boyfriend to handle his bitch. When he started to get mouthy, Pete stepped forward and the dude backed off. Good times! :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Christy finally hoisted her forward and told her boyfriend to handle his bitch.

Nope, that was me. :blushing:

Christy was the one who picked up Colby (like the cheese) in the alley and wanted to bring him back to our hotel room because he said he didn't have anywhere to stay.

WheezyCarl

I have never used ear protection at the numerous rock concerts I have been to. A buddy who started wearing them says he enjoys the show because it blocks out some of the noise and he can better hear the vocals. I decided to buy a pair of Eargasm Hi-Fi Earplugs to see if I notice any difference. Was hoping to try them out in two weeks at the Iron Maiden Concert but I have to travel for work on that day so my daughter will use my ticket and hopefully enjoy the show.

Any of you use hearing protection while at concerts?
I attended a concert Monday night in DC, small club. Front row. Forgot my earplugs. My ears still hurt and yes, still ringing. Yikes.