Concrete Slab

B

Bruce

I had a shed that size for 20 years with no problem. Mine was just on a few concrete blocks. I believe it was Stoltzfus that built & installed it.

Since the tornado wrecked my old shed I'm going to have to get another one and I'm thinking of putting a poured foundation under it (just footers, no slab). If you put it on a slab, you really don't need a floor in the shed. If you really want a slab, maybe you could save some $$ on the shed by building in place with no floor. The only time I would seriously consider a poured slab is if
you are planning on using it for a garage for a car or truck.

Bruce

F

Frostillicus

Funk dat

just put it on cinder blocks and build a ramp, SMIB :cheesy:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by bottoms up
that doesn't sound "mini" to me. :eek: i'd go with the slab. if you ever get moles or something underneath it, you won't have to worry about them burrowing through to the underneath of your shed and dying and stinking up the place. :barf:

True. And I ain't tryin' to have no snake slither up on my azz from underneath that thing either!! :yikes:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by PFgal
True. And I ain't tryin' to have no snake slither up on my azz from underneath that thing either!! :yikes:
Just how do you walk into a shed?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by bottoms up
think resale :cool: what would you like to see if you were buying your house? you may not be planning to sell it in the near future since you just moved in, but down the road, you just never know. :really: is your driveway concrete also? if so, you could widen it a bit with the extra, or add a pull-out depending on your driveway.

check out these ideas I like the concrete countertops :cool:

We paid to have our driveway paved, but they won't do it until we've been in a year - so next year at this time we'll be getting that done. I'll check that website :smile:.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Funk dat

Originally posted by Frostillicus
just put it on cinder blocks and build a ramp, SMIB :cheesy:

Actually, I get a ramp for free with the purchase of the shed. And cinder blocks would probably be mighty cheap. :lol:

F

Frostillicus

I had a shed on cinder blocks for years no problem. And if you ever need to move it blocks are much easier to relocate!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I had a shed on cinder blocks for years no problem. And if you ever need to move it blocks are much easier to relocate!

My parents have a mini-barn that's way larger than 10x16 and it's on blocks with a ramp and doesn't look bad at all. I just don't know :confused:!

F

Frostillicus

Go w/ cinder blocks and save the slab money for your forum party.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Go w/ cinder blocks and save the slab money for your forum party.

I can't wait...as soon as the porch/deck are there, it's ON. You comin' :lmao:?!?!

:banana:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by kwillia
So are you insinuating that Frosti might be in the market for a new shed...:lmao:

In that case, Frosti is NOT invited to the forum party at my house :lol:.

bottoms up

if he goes out of town and comes home to an 10x12 square and only a few cinder blocks, I am not to blame. :biggrin:

on second thought, if I were to blame, I would take the cinder blocks too. they would make for good smib drink tables for the patio. :cool:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by kwillia
So are you insinuating that Frosti might be in the market for a new shed...:lmao:
No one has taken the cars yet. :shrug:

:lmao:

willie

PFgal, does this shed come with a floor? If so, a slab is a waste of money. Put it on blocks as suggested or a pressure treated framework. If the floor joists are not pressure treated, be sure they do not contact the ground.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by willie
PFgal, does this shed come with a floor? If so, a slab is a waste of money. Put it on blocks as suggested or a pressure treated framework. If the floor joists are not pressure treated, be sure they do not contact the ground.

Yes, it definitely has a floor.