Concrete Slab

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by PFgal
We're looking to have a concrete slab poured for a shed at some point in the near future, but I've heard that some companies won't mess with small jobs like this. It would be approx. 10x16. Anyone know of any companies who do small jobs like this? I plan to give Chaney a call, but not even sure if they'll do it. tys_mommy or Mainman, do you know?
if you want I will get you a price....lemme know and Ill give you a number to call. And yes you should use a slab...
FYI. I didnt read the entire thread, but Chaney does not finish, they deliver. You will need to have it formed up, and finishers onsite when the concrete is delivered.. I got ppl for that, lemme know. :smile:

Last edited:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Concrete Slab

Originally posted by mainman
if you want I will get you a price....lemme know and Ill give you a number to call. And yes you should use a slab...
FYI. I didnt read the entire thread, but Chaney does not finish, they deliver. You will need to have it formed up, and finishers onsite when the concrete is delivered.. I got ppl for that, lemme know. :smile:

Gimme a PM, I definitely want to get a price! TY!

willie

If the shed does in fact have a floor and floor joists then what is the purpose of the slab? If the floor joists are not treated it will also be against code. If you prefer a concrete floor the accepted way of doing it is pour the slab with anchors around the perimeter holding a treated sill plate. Stick build the shed onto the sill plate.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by willie
If the shed does in fact have a floor and floor joists then what is the purpose of the slab? If the floor joists are not treated it will also be against code. If you prefer a concrete floor the accepted way of doing it is pour the slab with anchors around the perimeter holding a treated sill plate. Stick build the shed onto the sill plate.

The shed comes already built from the Amish - w/a floor. The purpose of the slab would be to prevent things/animals from getting under the shed, and to have a stable surface for it.

willie

The shed comes already built from the Amish - w/a floor. The purpose of the slab would be to prevent things/animals from getting under the shed, and to have a stable surface for it.
If there are any crowns in the floor joists (there will be) then it will not be as stable as a perimeter foundation or a beam supported foundation. Laying flat on a slab will promote dampness and mold with no air circulation. Animals won't be a problem. Call Inspection & Permits early in the morning and ask an inspector his opinion. 410 535 2155. Tell him your shed is 10x12 because I think yours is just over the limit and requires a permit.(not sure about that). A post and beam foundation is easy for anyone to build and requires no concrete. Save all your money for the party.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by willie
Call Inspection & Permits early in the morning and ask an inspector his opinion. 410 535 2155. Tell him your shed is 10x12 because I think yours is just over the limit and requires a permit.(not sure about that). A post and beam foundation is easy for anyone to build and requires no concrete. Save all your money for the party.

Actually, I pick up the permit this week. I got it just to be on the safe side :wink:. Good idea, I'll give them a shout!

B

Bruce

willie knows from whereof he speaks. excellent advice and factual information.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Bruce
willie knows from whereof he speaks. excellent advice and factual information.
that is correct, with a wooden floor. you do not need a slab. Tech Services says you could still use blocks underneath, and for leveling purposes. Save your money! :smile:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Ordered the shed this weekend from Everything Amish, and said to hell with the slab. Let's just hope I don't get a skunk under the shed like Vince :lol:.

Vince

Ordered the shed this weekend from Everything Amish, and said to hell with the slab. Let's just hope I don't get a skunk under the shed like Vince :lol:.

Hope not. My one shed is on a cement slab. The smaller one is on cement blocks with a wood floor. That's the one with the skunk. The one on cement I poured myself. Did a 12x16 2 story.