Confederate Flag bikini sparks argument, gun pulle

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
And yet, had you been there at the time, you would have claimed some disability to get out of fighting, then demanded that others feed you and keep you comfortable and safe.
Shove it you worthless POS hypocrit.

:killingme

philibusters

Wearing a confederate bikini can never warrant pulling out a gun or even causing a confrontation. Those guys had to be looking for trouble.

I also disagree with the poster who said the Civil War was not about slavery. Civil War was about a lot of things, not just slavery, but if you looked to the very roots of the hostility between the north and the south, I think you'd find slavery.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Wearing a confederate bikini can never warrant pulling out a gun or even causing a confrontation. Those guys had to be looking for trouble.

I also disagree with the poster who said the Civil War was not about slavery. Civil War was about a lot of things, not just slavery, but if you looked to the very roots of the hostility between the north and the south, I think you'd find slavery.

Yes, there were many variables which caused the Secession from the Union such as economic and social differences between the North and South (Eli and his Cotton Gin). But as the war raged on, the northerners became more polarized against slavery. Sympathies began to grow for abolitionists and against slavery and slaveholders. Heck, by the time Lincoln was even elected, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas had already seceded from the Union. So, all I was saying is the Civil War was generated not out of the Growth of the Abolition Movement, but more on States versus federal rights.

E

EmptyTimCup

Wearing a confederate bikini can never warrant pulling out a gun or even causing a confrontation. Those guys had to be looking for trouble. :buddies:

States Rights ........ did the National Gobberment have the right to order the states around ......

E

EmptyTimCup

AFAtV .... the 2nd Blond has nice hips ...... I am old enough to remember when "french" cut hit the scene :yahoo:

Gooseneck

The article said the bikini sported the 'Stars and Bars Rebel flag'.

That is not the Stars and Bars in case anyone is interested.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick

I believe I am the poster you refer to. We'll have to agree to disagree on the slavery issue. My reading leads me to believe that the federal government was imposing unreasonable duties on agricultural goods from the South and when the South protested the North turned a deaf ear on their complaints. The South decided to secede from the Union and refused to pay the duties on agricultural goods, mainly food, citing they were a sovereign nation. Faced with the prospect of starvation the North declared war and decided to take what it wanted. This coupled with my earlier post is what I believe.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I say it shows that white racism against African Americans is still active and ongoing.

It is also a reminder to all that the US civil war was well done in beating down the racist rebel scum, and yet we need to whoop them again one more time for the 21st century.

I say we need to treat that ugly rebel flag as an incitement to violence and make it against the law to have or display that racist symbol.

:war:

How's your campaign coming along?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The article said the bikini sported the 'Stars and Bars Rebel flag'.

That is not the Stars and Bars in case anyone is interested.
That's the one I'd always been told was the 'Stars and Bars' flag, learn something new every day.

E

EmptyTimCup

I thought the Republic of Texas flag was the Stars and Bars

philibusters

Yes, there were many variables which caused the Secession from the Union such as economic and social differences between the North and South (Eli and his Cotton Gin). But as the war raged on, the northerners became more polarized against slavery. Sympathies began to grow for abolitionists and against slavery and slaveholders. Heck, by the time Lincoln was even elected, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas had already seceded from the Union. So, all I was saying is the Civil War was generated not out of the Growth of the Abolition Movement, but more on States versus federal rights.

I believe that no states had succeeded when Lincoln was elected, they succeeded in response to his election. I think what you meant is that by the time of Lincoln's inauguration those states had succeeded.

It was Lincoln's stance that slavery would not be allowed into any new colonies that directly lead the states to succeed. I don't think states versus federal rights was an issue that could not be compromised in. But what the South refused to compromise on was whether Congress could dictate that no new states be allowed in the Union that had slavery.

philibusters

I believe I am the poster you refer to. We'll have to agree to disagree on the slavery issue. My reading leads me to believe that the federal government was imposing unreasonable duties on agricultural goods from the South and when the South protested the North turned a deaf ear on their complaints. The South decided to secede from the Union and refused to pay the duties on agricultural goods, mainly food, citing they were a sovereign nation. Faced with the prospect of starvation the North declared war and decided to take what it wanted. This coupled with my earlier post is what I believe.

Tariffs were always a touchy issue between the north and the south. I don't think any duties were put on the southern agriculture protects, but the tariffs protected northern industry and made the cost of manufactured goods, including tools very high in the South. Plus the South had sold a lot of cotton to British Firms in return for credit for with large British firms. These large British firms had lots of goods that southerns wanted. Since paying for cotton with credit became infeasible, it meant British firms could not afford to pay for southern cotton as easily.

Bubbaj47

100% Redneck
The flag that most people think of as the stars and bars is the battle flag of Northern Virginia. The stars and bars was the first national flag of the Confederacy.

Attachments

• us-csa.gif
    us-csa.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 48