Congressman Jamaal Bowman Hot Takes

stgislander

PREMO Member

George Santos Just Served up a Hilarious Helpful Fire Alarm Tutorial for Jamaal Bowman

While Democrats said they wanted to see the video (too late), House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said he wanted to see what legal action would be taken and seemingly referenced the Jan. 6 defendants. Then other members moved to censure and/or to expel Bowman. So, we'll have to see how all of that works out.

Even though he was caught on video and he's admitting the action, he's trying to spin it as some kind of mistake. It remains to be seen how seriously that idiotic defense is treated by the Capitol Police and potential prosecutors.

What has to be the capper of the day, though, comes from Rep. George Santos (R-NY), the guy who has his own issues with questionable actions. Now, this is some truly funny stuff -- and Santos does an epic burn of Jamaal Bowman.

Burn! Give credit where credit is due. George won the Internet on Saturday.
micdrop2.gif

SamSpade

Why? It's childish. Even if he'd gotten away with it, anyone would know, someone pulled an alarm to thwart a vote.

I detest Congress - but I *might* gain respect if they WOULD JUST FREAKING OWN IT.

I don't always care for Harold Ford on The Five - but when the Dems do something really bad - he'll say something like - "yeah, not our finest hour, I'll admit it". THEN I can respect them.

But DEFENDING doing something as childish as PULLING A FIRE ALARM? Just ADMIT it was wrong. Dammit.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
But DEFENDING doing something as childish as PULLING A FIRE ALARM? Just ADMIT it was wrong. Dammit.
It should NEVER HAVE CROSSED HIS MIND TO BEGIN WITH!! This is something a grade schooler might pull as a prank. Even if he does own up, he does NOT get a pass. Be an adult, act like an adult.

SamSpade

It should NEVER HAVE CROSSED HIS MIND TO BEGIN WITH!! This is something a grade schooler might pull as a prank. Even if he does own up, he does NOT get a pass. Be an adult, act like an adult.
OR at least, show some contrition and apologize - when my son does something wrong - and is caught dead to rights - the FIRST THING HE DOES is tell me he was trying to do a good thing -

INSTEAD of at LEAST owning up to ending UP doing a bad thing.

See, the very, very best he can crank out of his excuse was, I was desperate to get back and get my vote in, and the fire door was locked, so I pulled the alarm hoping it would UNLOCK the fire door. It's a supremely stupid-ass excuse, but it doesn't change the fact that HE SET OFF THE ALARM.

"But officer - I was late for work, so I ran over all of those people...."

I mean - why the excuse? Just say you're sorry - at least. Don't give me a REASON why it was REALLY a GOOD thing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Besides being charged with a violation under the U.S. CODE, (and D.C. laws) he should be shunned and completely laughed out of Congress for the simpleton he is, and that he thinks the rest of the universe is. No one believes BS story!! 🤣🤣 (or YOU, AOC!)

SamSpade

Either Jesse or Greg pointed this out ---

You don't issue talking points to your party when you've done the right thing or made a simple mistake -

Still say, dammit, OWN it. My bad. I apologize.

Anyone else in the whole world - when you make a mistake, you apologize - you don't turn the tables and say what about? I don't care.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Jamaal Bowman’s fire alarm stunt was criminal and unethical. Journos want it to go away

Rep. Jamaal Bowman pulled a fire alarm to disrupt a House vote over funding the government.

Don’t believe his BS excuse about thinking it would open a door.

The man’s a former middle-school principal, and there’s no way on earth he could have gotten confused about what the fire alarm would do.

This is an assault on democracy, a grave crime against the Republic.

Here’s Why The Media’s Lies About Rep. Jamaal Bowman Should Concern You

A milder but nevertheless disturbing version of the “vanishing commissar” played out over Sunday and Monday in Washington, D.C. Here’s what happened. During a series of contentious spending votes on Saturday ahead of a looming government shutdown, while House Democrats were trying to slow-walk a vote, Democrat Rep. Jamaal Bowman pulled a fire alarm in a House office building on Capitol Hill, forcing an evacuation.

Bowman’s stunt, which is under investigation by Capitol Police, was caught on a security camera. It’s clear he pulled the fire alarm as a delaying tactic, precisely to force the evacuation of the building and disrupt official congressional business (the kind of thing the media would call an “insurrection” if a Republican had done it.) Indeed, there’s no other reasonable way to interpret his actions. Everyone who has ever attended school knows what a fire alarm is and what happens when you pull it — including Bowman, a former school principal.

Here’s where things get a little Soviet. In the aftermath of the evacuation, Bowman insisted it was an accident — not that he pulled the alarm by accident, since the video footage clearly shows him doing so intentionally, but that he didn’t know what would happen when he pulled it. “I was just trying to get to my vote,” he said. “The door thatʼs usually open wasnʼt open. I didnʼt mean to cause confusion. I didnʼt know it was going to trip the whole building. I thought [the alarm] would help me open the door.”

herb749

Jamaal Bowman’s fire alarm stunt was criminal and unethical. Journos want it to go away

Rep. Jamaal Bowman pulled a fire alarm to disrupt a House vote over funding the government.

Don’t believe his BS excuse about thinking it would open a door.

The man’s a former middle-school principal, and there’s no way on earth he could have gotten confused about what the fire alarm would do.

This is an assault on democracy, a grave crime against the Republic.

Here’s Why The Media’s Lies About Rep. Jamaal Bowman Should Concern You

A milder but nevertheless disturbing version of the “vanishing commissar” played out over Sunday and Monday in Washington, D.C. Here’s what happened. During a series of contentious spending votes on Saturday ahead of a looming government shutdown, while House Democrats were trying to slow-walk a vote, Democrat Rep. Jamaal Bowman pulled a fire alarm in a House office building on Capitol Hill, forcing an evacuation.

Bowman’s stunt, which is under investigation by Capitol Police, was caught on a security camera. It’s clear he pulled the fire alarm as a delaying tactic, precisely to force the evacuation of the building and disrupt official congressional business (the kind of thing the media would call an “insurrection” if a Republican had done it.) Indeed, there’s no other reasonable way to interpret his actions. Everyone who has ever attended school knows what a fire alarm is and what happens when you pull it — including Bowman, a former school principal.

Here’s where things get a little Soviet. In the aftermath of the evacuation, Bowman insisted it was an accident — not that he pulled the alarm by accident, since the video footage clearly shows him doing so intentionally, but that he didn’t know what would happen when he pulled it. “I was just trying to get to my vote,” he said. “The door thatʼs usually open wasnʼt open. I didnʼt mean to cause confusion. I didnʼt know it was going to trip the whole building. I thought [the alarm] would help me open the door.”

The door would open if you pushed the lever. Dumb ass .

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I don't believe his lame story for a single moment, but think about this: if he in fact is telling the truth, can you possibly ask this person to make intelligent, informed decisions regarding the future of our lives??? And if he IS lying, how could we trust him from this point forward?

He should go away now. Resign, get forcibly relieved....whatever.