constant headaches

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
ken no i haven't been to the doctors yet but dont think its a sinus infection as I have no other tell tale signs other than it hurting behing my eyes. no the headaches start behind my eyes then it makes my head hurt sometimes it works its way down my back of my neck but not always and eating sugar and some other foods makes it worse.
Sinusitis is more than just a sinus infection and given the location where your headaches start (behind the eyes) it is a likely possibility. I suffered severe sinusitis induced migraine headaches for 20+ years that were relieved by a chiropractor and haven't had any now for close to 16 years.

get4real

U-WISHHH
i am not eatign any of it misshelper I am staying away from it

I have had migraines since I was 9 years old and i've been on medication and tried everything under the sun. Migraines usually follow a pattern. Mine always are on the right side and start behind my eye. I also have tension headaches and cluster headaches so I pretty much have a headache almost everyday of my life. I would recommend trying to make sure you are getting your proper vitamins and drinking alot of water. Also i take Goody powders and that is the only thing that takes away my regular headaches.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
ken no i haven't been to the doctors yet but dont think its a sinus infection as I have no other tell tale signs other than it hurting behing my eyes. no the headaches start behind my eyes then it makes my head hurt sometimes it works its way down my back of my neck but not always and eating sugar and some other foods makes it worse.

How long has it been since you've had your eyes professionally checked? Sometimes vision decreases and it's so minor over time that you don't even realize it. Not seeing well can cause serious headaches and other symptoms.

J

jp2854

How long has it been since you've had your eyes professionally checked? Sometimes vision decreases and it's so minor over time that you don't even realize it. Not seeing well can cause serious headaches and other symptoms.

I had my eyes checked last february. I probably will be going back in february or march of 2009 to have them checked again as I have premature aging of the eyes.

L

luckystar

Are the headaches light/sound sensitive? That's a pretty good indicator of migraines, and so is finding something like sugar that triggers it. Imitrex has helped me with mine, so long as I catch them early enough. Otherwise I just go lay down with a pillow over my head and curl up into the fetal position. Hope you can get to the doctor soon, and feel better.

nana

Nana
I have had migraines since I was 9 years old and i've been on medication and tried everything under the sun. Migraines usually follow a pattern. Mine always are on the right side and start behind my eye. I also have tension headaches and cluster headaches so I pretty much have a headache almost everyday of my life. I would recommend trying to make sure you are getting your proper vitamins and drinking alot of water. Also i take Goody powders and that is the only thing that takes away my regular headaches.

You should try Topamax. I have read the good and the bad heard the horror stories but I have been on and off it for 4 years now and on is definatly better. Migrains are gone I still will get an occasional headache but it is manangable.

get4real

U-WISHHH
You should try Topamax. I have read the good and the bad heard the horror stories but I have been on and off it for 4 years now and on is definatly better. Migrains are gone I still will get an occasional headache but it is manangable.

I was actually on Topamax for about a year and I got off of it because of the side effects. It worked but the side effects were ridiculous.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

Mojo said:
Maybe you have a Brain Tumor :shrug:

That's like saying you have an ovarian tumor. No ovaries, no tumor.

Mojo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

That's like saying you have an ovarian tumor. No ovaries, no tumor.

:roflmao:

ShyGirl

Bob I take them as I am also allergic to things like dust and stuff that is outside I have year round allergies.

I have the same issues. My headaches have been worse lately. I feel like I have been fighting a sinus infection for a few weeks now.

Sugar increases your mucus production, which is probably clotting at the top of your nose/behind your eyes and for some reason, is not draining properly.

Home heating can also dry you out in that same area.

My general practitioner doc suggested trying to use a moisturizing nasal spray on top of my regular allergy meds and even more water intake.

I would rather deal with this than the bronchitis/pneumonia crap that is going around. Two extra strength excedrin stamps out the headache for a little while...

Good Luck!

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I have the same issues. My headaches have been worse lately. I feel like I have been fighting a sinus infection for a few weeks now.

Sugar increases your mucus production, which is probably clotting at the top of your nose/behind your eyes and for some reason, is not draining properly.

Home heating can also dry you out in that same area.

My general practitioner doc suggested trying to use a moisturizing nasal spray on top of my regular allergy meds and even more water intake.

I would rather deal with this than the bronchitis/pneumonia crap that is going around. Two extra strength excedrin stamps out the headache for a little while...

Good Luck!

:yeahthat:

I have Pneumonia and it suck! I've been sick for almost a month now. I had headache and fever for the first two weeks and it was caused from Pneumonia. I had Sinus Infection at first, and I didn't know I had it and it drained all of it down into my lungs that caused my pneumonia.

JP, you need to go to urgent care to get this taken care of before it turned into bronchitis or pneumonia if you are having sinus infection that may be causing your headache.

J

jp2854

I called the doctors today and the earliest I can get in is february 3rd so I will have to deal with them for now as urgent care wont take my medicare so they say and they told me over the phone to go see my family doctor which I thought was bs but ok if they say so I will. I am kind of bahhumbug because its x-mas and I like sweets and can't eat any of them unless I want to be puking. :cds:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I called the doctors today and the earliest I can get in is february 3rd so I will have to deal with them for now as urgent care wont take my medicare so they say and they told me over the phone to go see my family doctor which I thought was bs but ok if they say so I will. I am kind of bahhumbug because its x-mas and I like sweets and can't eat any of them unless I want to be puking. :cds:

Are you sure? I know a few people who have medicare and go to Brenton Medical Group. Urgent Care is part of the Brenton Medical Group, but it is a small emergency room for anyone even the ones who doesn't have insurance.

It doesn't make sense.