Contemplating a life change.

What should I do

• Sell the bike and buy a Corvette

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Keep the bike and buy the Vette in a couple years.

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Don't do anything.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Keep the bike and buy the Vette now.

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
nachomama said:
I'm picturing dale jr...

"We're not the jet set, we're the old chevrolet set
But ain't we got love..."

Attachments

• vett4.jpg
    vett4.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 88

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Be different.. take a different path.

Get a LOTUS..

Corvettes, Mustangs.. Harleys.. they are ALL over done around here. OOPS sorry Catt, didn't mean to get you tiwce in the same post!!

Pete

Repete
itsbob said:

Get a LOTUS..

Corvettes, Mustangs.. Harleys.. they are ALL over done around here. OOPS sorry Catt, didn't mean to get you tiwce in the same post!!
Lotus are too expensive, crappy milage, insurance would be high for an exotic and it is not American.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
itsbob said:

Get a LOTUS..

It's okay.. but you know how hard it is to have something you really like and everyone else thinks it's a POS.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Pete said:
What color Vette? Anyting but red

What's your objection to red? I know that red sports cars are often stereotyped as male-midlife-crisis vehicles or as traffic-ticket-bait.

I've wanted a Vette since I was 14. But as I type that, I realize I sound too much like Kevin Spacey in "American Beauty."

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete said:
Lotus are too expensive, crappy milage, insurance would be high for an exotic and it is not American.
I thought a Lotus was cheaper then a Vette (new anyways)..

Aren't Corvette motors made in mexico, to get around the EPA mileage constraints?

and it WILL be different.. you can go to a car show, or a cruise in and everyone will be oohing and aahing over your car and passing over the 100 or 200 Corvettes on the lot.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
$43.9K
The 2007 Lotus Elise is a 2-door, 2-passenger convertible sports car, available in one trim only, the Convertible.
Upon introduction, the Elise is equipped with a standard 1.8-liter, I4, 190-horsepower engine that achieves 24-mpg in the city and 29-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard.
$56.9K
The 2007 Lotus Exige is a 2-door, 2-passenger convertible sports car, available in one trim only, the S.
Upon introduction, the Exige is equipped with a standard 1.8-liter, I4, 220-horsepower, supercharged engine that achieves 23-mpg in the city and 29-mpg on the highway. A 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard.

The engines are sourced from Toyota

Pete

Repete
itsbob said:
I thought a Lotus was cheaper then a Vette (new anyways)..

Aren't Corvette motors made in mexico, to get around the EPA mileage constraints?

and it WILL be different.. you can go to a car show, or a cruise in and everyone will be oohing and aahing over your car and passing over the 100 or 200 Corvettes on the lot.
The Lotus is about the same price but it is ugly.

It is still an American company even if some vendors are in other countries.

The new Vette is rated 19 city, 29 highway.

I don't base my happiness at how many people ooo and ahhh over how "different" my ride is and I wont drive fugly to be different for the sake of different.

I can't pronounce the models the Lotus comes in.

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
$43.9K

$56.9K

The engines are sourced from Toyota
I just read in Edmunds the "S" trim level in the $56.9K stands for "Spartan" which describes the cars interior :lmao: