Convention is on... Who is up for the play by play conversation tonight?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Christy said:
That's because he forgot to pull out the butt plug his boyfriend was diddling him with last night. :ohwell:

Woot! Go for the throat right off. I knew I liked you for some reason. :killingme

rraley

MSNBC...Chris Matthews with Bo Derek. Question for Republicans...Why is it so bad for Whoopi Goldberg, Michael Moore, and other Hollywood types to be liberal Democrats when it is fine that she, Britney Spears, and Dennis Miller are conservative Republicans and voice that?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
rraley said:
MSNBC...Chris Matthews with Bo Derek. Question for Republicans...Why is it so bad for Whoopi Goldberg, Michael Moore, and other Hollywood types to be liberal Democrats when it is fine that she, Britney Spears, and Dennis Miller are conservative Republicans and voice that?

Because they are Republican. Sheesh! Didn't you get the memo? :tease:

Im using MSNBC. I am balanced. I let Ronnie Reagan, Jr help do the calls. :killingme

Christy

b*tch rocket
rraley said:
Question for Republicans...Why is it so bad for Whoopi Goldberg, Michael Moore, and other Hollywood types to be liberal Democrats when it is fine that she, Britney Spears, and Dennis Miller are conservative Republicans and voice that?

I think the liberal Hollywood types border on hysterical lunacy. :shrug: I have no idea what to think of Republican leaning Hollywood types, I've never really listened to what they've been saying either. :shrug:

rraley

Christy said:
I think the liberal Hollywood types border on hysterical lunacy. :shrug: I have no idea what to think of Republican leaning Hollywood types, I've never really listened to what they've been saying either. :shrug:

I only point this all out because Republicans for decades have made it an issue about liberal Hollywood as some form of conservative populism. What I always thought was great was that the only actor ever to be president was a Republican and that so many famous Hollywood actors are Republicans and speak out (granted not to same level as liberal Hollywood actors). It just seems so hypocritical for Republicans to say that Hollywood actors should shut up if they are liberal. If the case is reverse, however, it seems that so many Republicans are in support of them. It just seems to me that in this instance, the GOP is based on the concept of "democracy only works when we're winning."

rraley

Oh God!!! Jesus Christ's father has just entered the convention floor!!! Alleluia!!!

(sarcasm, humor, mocking)

Christy

b*tch rocket
rraley said:
I only point this all out because Republicans for decades have made it an issue about liberal Hollywood as some form of conservative populism. What I always thought was great was that the only actor ever to be president was a Republican and that so many famous Hollywood actors are Republicans and speak out (granted not to same level as liberal Hollywood actors). It just seems so hypocritical for Republicans to say that Hollywood actors should shut up if they are liberal. If the case is reverse, however, it seems that so many Republicans are in support of them. It just seems to me that in this instance, the GOP is based on the concept of "democracy only works when we're winning."

I think you are mistaken. It's merely highly visible when a Hollywood liberal, nutty crunchy, makes such an off wall, hysterical comment, it make the newspaper.

You can't tell me that you think it's Republicans, bashing the libs, when they come out to say they are outraged by what comes out of Whoopi and M. Moore's mouths.

I think you are grasping at straws on this one rraley.

rraley

Christy said:
You can't tell me that you think it's Republicans, bashing the libs, when they come out to say they are outraged by what comes out of Whoopi and M. Moore's mouths.
I don't mind Republicans coming out and refuting what they say. Many of the things Michael Moore says should be refuted, but what disgusts me is when some Republicans say that actors and Hollywood need to shut up (in essence, not participate in democracy). I think that Hollywood actors should become involved; they have a voice and, when it is sensible one, they should be listened to, rather than derided and condemned for speaking out.

Christy

b*tch rocket
rraley said:
Christy said:
I don't mind Republicans coming out and refuting what they say. Many of the things Michael Moore says should be refuted, but what disgusts me is when some Republicans say that actors and Hollywood need to shut up (in essence, not participate in democracy). I think that Hollywood actors should become involved; they have a voice and, when it is sensible one, they should be listened to, rather than derided and condemned for speaking out.

I'm all for the likes of Moore, Goldburg, and Streisand talking out. It scores more points for our side. :lmao:

Actually, I do believe there are tiimes when they need to be more careful as to what they say publicly. Moore should pride himself in the fact that his "documentary" is now being used by Hamas and Castro. :duh:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
rraley said:
Oh God!!! Jesus Christ's father has just entered the convention floor!!! Alleluia!!!

(sarcasm, humor, mocking)

I must have missed what that referred to. Fill me in. :lol: I changed stations for a bit.

Pete

Repete
rraley said:
Christy said:
I believe the bulk of Hollywood is liberal, and what is wrong is that they use thier fame as an unfair platofrm in which to promote thier agenda. Sean Penn's opinions don't count anymore than mine but I cannot plan a news conference or feed to a hoard of reporters. I have no problem with them or anyone participating in democracy, what I do have a problem with is just because it says "Sincerely Barbra Stiesand" at the bottom of the letter is gets full news coverage.

Name one Hollywood conservative who uses their fame to the extent Moore, Streisand, Garafalo or Penn does. Heston is the VP of NRA but you don't hear crap about that unless it is a news piece written to make him look like the cause of a 14 year old getting shot in Detroit.

It is an incestuous relationship between the liberal media and the liberal celebs.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Good grief, I'm just about sick of all the commentary going on. Is C-Span covering the RNC? I want to watch the whole thing uncut, and with less yammering! :shocking:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Christy said:
Good grief, I'm just about sick of all the commentary going on. Is C-Span covering the RNC? I want to watch the whole thing uncut, and with less yammering! :shocking:
Well you might want to check out VH-1. They are comparing Bush and Kerry in terms of how much money they spend on everything from sports equipment to cowboy boots.

Kerry designs his own ties and has them custom made. He recently ordered 400 ties at a cost of $26,000 :yikes: Bush's suits cost $14,000 a pop and Kerry's bikes cost up to $12,000 each and he has 5 of them.