Copperhead bites on the rise

cgwife

Sorry if this has been posted. My mother-n-law saw this on the news last night. I definitely don't remember there ever being this many bites in such a short period. Keep your eyes peeled.

Copperhead Bites on the Rise in St. Mary's County - Health News Story - WRC | Washington

Copperhead Snake Bite Sends St. Mary's Teen To Hospital - Videos - WRC

Kinda ironic.......I heard a call on the scanner today (Calvert County) for a copperhead on someones front porch. After Animal Control got there, there was actually 2 copperheads, they were caught and were gonna be released into the wild!

belvak

Happy Camper
We had one out on the deck by our shed earlier this year. Hubby scooped it up into a big bucket and dumped it in the woods.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Heard of a copper head bite a couple of nights ago in southern Calvert. Seems like a lot this year from the calls I've heard on the scanner.

It was on the news this morning too. My son just saw a snake in the yard the other day, his decription of it was "it looked kind of looked like a ball python, but it was grey and green". Do you think he was just describing a garter snake?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Wasn't there something on the front page of Wednesdays Enterprise about a kid being bit on the finger...He was staying in the hospital for something like 3 days I thought...He was alergic to the antivenom...

I

Inkpen

Don't know, but copperheads are pretty distinctive. Here's a pic of the one from our yard.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p46/belvak05/Yard/DSCN0901.jpg

I recieved a wildlife call about a copperhead..Guy found it on his deck and scooped it up in a bucket..It was in the White Sands area.
Told him to take it to Cypress Swamp Nature Center for a positive ID and let them release it.

With all the rain we have had recently..might be causing them to seek higher, drier and warmer places....

J

jp2854

yes you all heard right about a kid being bit in stmarys..It happened right next to my stepdads country store (the uncle of the kid comes from time to time) The little one did have a reaction to the antivenom they then flew him to childrens and they tried again and he had the same reaction. He was sharing a room with a 3yr old who wasn't as lucky they said her whole arm was swollen and black and blue from teh copperhead biting her and when they released him she was still there. From what I heard he is doing pretty good and just has a small pinsized black and blue mark left from where he was bitten.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Saw one in the backyard a few days ago, as I was weed whacking the edges along the fenceline.

He/she didn't hang around long enough to find out if the whirling machine was something worth taking a bite out of! :lmao:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Wasn't there something on the front page of Wednesdays Enterprise about a kid being bit on the finger...He was staying in the hospital for something like 3 days I thought...He was alergic to the antivenom...

That little boy is the nephew of a good friend of mine.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Amen! I'm always worried they're bedding down under our deck. This year our neighbor has completely ignored the weeds and what not growing behind his shed and right next to our fence. God knows what's living in there.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I started playing golf, when I was in Phoenix; 9-irons really came in handy!:lmao:

We had an annual party in the desert. Went out and looked for them, found them, cut their heads off, came wheeling back in on 3-wheelers, threw them in the pile and cooked them. Tastes like chicken, but REAL boney.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
We had an annual party in the desert. Went out and looked for them, found them, cut their heads off, came wheeling back in on 3-wheelers, threw them in the pile and cooked them. Tastes like chicken, but REAL boney.

On the barbie? We tried them(after skinning them) and you're right, they tasted like chicken! :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
On the barbie? We tried them(after skinning them) and you're right, they tasted like chicken! :lmao:

I don't remember how we cooked them. :lol: It must have been on a grill somehow because we were in the middle of the desert. There was a LOT of drinking going on. Go figure.