Copyright Issues

crazyropes

I just came across a web site selling the same items I make the bitless and rope tack out of Yacht rope. and when I was scrolling down I saw she has copied pictures off my web site that I took of My own work and posted them on her site as her work.

Does anyone know what I can do.

Debbie Hanson
Crazy Ropes By Debbie Hanson

crazyropes

I just looked through all my old payments and found where has ordered bridles from me i have 6 orders from her so she ordered from me and then copied my design and even pictures off my web site.

royhobie

hobieflyer
Although it is disgusting that you talent was stolen, not much you can do without a legal patent. Trademark is something else that doesn't apply in this case.

lam2

tickled~pink
It really does stink, I'm sorry this happened. Maybe adding a watermark to your pictures will help to keep others from using your pictures. Most editing programs have this feature.

crazyropes

She did remove my work from her site. but I will have to play around with my pictures but right now I have so many orders it will have to wait till after christmas

I just was in total SHOCK when I came across my own work and my own pictures on someones web site

lam2

tickled~pink
She did remove my work from her site. but I will have to play around with my pictures but right now I have so many orders it will have to wait till after christmas

I just was in total SHOCK when I came across my own work and my own pictures on someones web site

I've had this very thing happen to two friends of mine. They felt the exactly same way. I'm glad she took "your" work down off her web site.

If something happens and she puts your designs up again, you can send her a cease and desist letter. You just have to prove that the designs are yours. Infringement occurs when the infringer (a) copies the work or (b) substaintially takes the essential elements of the work.

Danzig

I just came across a web site selling the same items I make the bitless and rope tack out of Yacht rope. and when I was scrolling down I saw she has copied pictures off my web site that I took of My own work and posted them on her site as her work.

Debbie Hanson

PM me I have sued and won $$$$ for people who stole and used my photos on line.

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Debbie Hanson

Here ya go...I developed a web site and always tack this on every page!

All text, graphics, images, and content on this web site are Copyright © 2005 and property of the designer and of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ( your name here)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Thinking about "borrowing" content?
Fines for copyright infringement now exceed $150,000.00 U.S. dollars Per Infringement.

For additional information on the laws governing copyrighted materials, please contact:

Copyright Office
Library of Congress

101 Independence Ave SE
Washington DC 20559
(202) 707-3000
U.S. Copyright Office