Cori Bush Hot Takes

Makavide

Not too talkative
Someone needs to call out his co-worker along with the media -

"Liberal New York congressman Ritchie Torres slammed the media for "sanitizing" Hamas terrorists who are brutally attacking Israel and killed at least 700 Israelis.

"If you murder, wound, rape, and abduct civilians and children, as Hamas has done, you are not a militant. You are a terrorist. The media should stop sanitizing terrorists as ‘militants,’" Torres tweeted Saturday."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/liberal-ny-dem-puts-media-notice-hamas-terrorists

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'Squad' Dem pays thousands to husband in ‘wage expenses’ for mystery role despite backlash

Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., has continued shoveling campaign cash to her husband, Cortney Merritts, but altered the description of the payments amid scrutiny. She has sent over $100,000 to him since she added him to the campaign's payroll nearly two years ago.

According to new filings reviewed by Fox News Digital, Bush's committee paid Merritts $12,500 for "wage expenses" between July and August. Merritts previously gathered money for security services, but the committee switched their characterization in April as they continued to bring headaches for the campaign.

The new cash follows the $30,000 Bush's campaign paid him before the third quarter. So far this year, Merritts has received $42,500 from the committee. He's collected $102,500 since he first emerged on its payroll in January 2022.

The "Squad" member has said she requires protection due to previous attempts on her life and has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to security firms on top of the earlier payments to her husband.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I admit that I don't understand elections, because I have no idea how we have the caliber of people that we do — The Squad — getting elected to representative office. They're all Democrats, so they must have promised a lot of free stuff. Either they kept their antisemitism in check during the campaign or their future constituents considered it a virtue. They're all crying for a ceasefire, pretending that Hamas wouldn't use it to regroup and perpetrate another October 7.

Rep. Cori Bush is just the worst. Her heart aches, but she doesn't mention the slaughter of Israelis or the taking of hostages as the reason why.

My soul aches.

We can’t hear the screaming of the injured or the young crying out for their mothers.

We can’t hear the breaking of bones or crushing of skulls when the buildings collapse.

1/4
— Cori Bush (@CoriBush) November 11, 2023

We'd like to hear the crushing of skulls as Hamas tunnels collapse.

We can’t hear the sound as US-made bombs move through the air toward their targets in Gaza or as they make deadly contact.

We still can't hear The Squad denouncing Hamas or calling for the release of hostages.

But what we can hear is the silence of our friends, the complicity of our government & media, the gaslighting from those who are quick to label us “terrorist sympathizers” for being outraged at the killing of thousands of innocent Palestinian men, women, and children.

Spoiler: You are a terrorist sympathizer. Say anything to prove that you're not.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As Twitchy readers know, Cori Bush has been named as the House Democrat under investigation ironically for misusing federal funds for security purposes. Would appear she has been paying her husband to 'secure' her.

Bush really made a name for herself pushing for the defunding of police ... as she had her own personal security detail.

Guess none of us knew exactly HOW private it really was.

Until now.

When Max Cohen approached Bush to ask about the investigation she did what you'd expect:

SamSpade

As Twitchy readers know, Cori Bush has been named as the House Democrat under investigation ironically for misusing federal funds for security purposes. Would appear she has been paying her husband to 'secure' her.

Bush really made a name for herself pushing for the defunding of police ... as she had her own personal security detail.

Guess none of us knew exactly HOW private it really was.

Until now.

When Max Cohen approached Bush to ask about the investigation she did what you'd expect:

Although it's flouting the law - and I don't like her in the least -

It does seem to be small potatoes. It's not like I've never seen relatives working for another, although I'm unclear what the federal government guidelines are. Does seem to be that he's never been licensed in DC, before or AFTER they got married.

BOP

Former President Barack Obama’s Department of Justice (DOJ) concluded that there was no credible evidence to disprove Missouri Police Officer Darren Wilson’s story that he shot Brown after Brown attacked him while he was seated in his police vehicle. The encounter happened after Wilson was called to the area to respond to Brown reportedly stealing from a store and attacking a store clerk.

“Brown’s DNA inside the SUV and on Wilson’s shirt collar and the bullet trajectory and close-range gunshot wound to Brown’s hand, establish that Brown’s arms and/or torso were inside the SUV,” the report said. Brown was 6’5” and weighed nearly 300 pounds.

“As detailed throughout this report, several witnesses stated that Brown appeared to pose a physical threat to Wilson as he moved toward Wilson,” the report added. “According to these witnesses, who are corroborated by blood evidence in the roadway, as Brown continued to move toward Wilson, Wilson fired at Brown in what appeared to be self-defense and stopped firing once Brown fell to the ground.”

Cori Bush is proof of a lot of things, but one of those things is that you CAN go through life fat, drunk, and stupid.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Cori Bush blames 'right-wing organizations' for DOJ investigation and says she needs $750K security detail to deal with 'relentless threats': Democrat claims she hired husband for his 'experience' and denies misusing taxpayer funds

Squad member and progressive Democratic Rep. Cori Bush denied she misused funds for private security and blamed 'right-wing organizations' for spurring the Justice Department investigation into her campaign's spending.

The Missouri lawmaker, who married one of her bodyguards, has spent more than $750,000 on security since she was elected in 2020 out of her campaign account.

'I can confirm that the Department of Justice is reviewing my campaign’s spending on security services. We are fully cooperating in this investigation,' she said in a statement.

'Since before I was sworn into office, I have endured relentless threats to my physical safety and life,' she told reporters on the House steps.

She added that as a 'rank-and-file member of Congress' she is not entitled to personal protection.

Instead, she claims she has used campaign funds to retain security services, including her husband who she said has 'extensive' experience in the field.

'I have not used any federal tax dollars for personal security services. Any reporting that I have used federal funds for personal security is simply false,' she insisted.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Cori Bush MELTSDOWN CRYING Racism Over Republican Telling Her To SHUT UP Amid DOJ Investigation!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Liberal Lunatic FREAKS OUT Over Biden DOJ Investigating Woke Democrat But Not Jim Jordan For Jan 6!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Conspiratorial Nonsense’: Cori Bush Blasted For Using ‘Ferguson Activist’ Cred To Excuse Anti-Semitic Protests

But as many critics were quick to point out, the protests in Ferguson were based on a lie — “Hands up, don’t shoot!” — claiming that 18-year-old Michael Brown had not been attempting to attack police officer Darren Wilson and take his gun when he was shot and killed.

In the weeks following Brown’s death, protesters attacked police and burned their own city to the ground — destroying businesses and decimating property values. Despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary — including an assessment made by former Attorney General Eric Holder — many, like Bush, still maintain that Brown was “murdered.”

“Thanks for reminding everyone that you supported criminal riots, demanded defunding police so others don’t have protection from the rioting, and then used campaign funds (currently under DoJ investigation) to get security for yourself,” AG (@aghamilton29) posted.