could be another fatal accident

L

letmetellyou

I'll tell you how I did it and let you check my facts. Went to the Baynet site and searched DUI and Fatality, I then took those names and went to Maryland judiciary web site.
I did the same thing, and all I got were dui arrest reports. No fatal accidents. How many did you find?

P

playerhater

Post the names.

I finally read most of this thread, yea sentence way to short, and yes surely as someone said a slap in the face to the deceased family. But you can only blame that on the freaking joke of a law system that we have in place today. What is it going to take to change the system? Hold lynch mobs and fight the police; the US is screwed forever for letting the system turn into a JOKE of cat and mouse games in our laws and justice. Wow what a easy sentence he got, some blaming it on the GOBN (Good Ole Boy network) yea maybe a bit of influence their, but our laws are so screwed for REAL justice, it allows many worms to slip through it easily.

Real justice to me is like some of these countries over seas. You steal, you get a finger or hand chopped. The man breaks a certain law and his lady pays for it by being jailed and used by other men. Ok ladies to be fair could be the opposite way. I guess what I am getting at is our system caters to criminal activity. Now some people have been arrested and for crimes they did not committ. So like I said earlier US law system if F ed Up.

L

letmetellyou

I finally read most of this thread, yea sentence way to short, and yes surely as someone said a slap in the face to the deceased family. But you can only blame that on the freaking joke of a law system that we have in place today. What is it going to take to change the system? Hold lynch mobs and fight the police; the US is screwed forever for letting the system turn into a JOKE of cat and mouse games in our laws and justice. Wow what a easy sentence he got, some blaming it on the GOBN (Good Ole Boy network) yea maybe a bit of influence their, but our laws are so screwed for REAL justice, it allows many worms to slip through it easily.

Real justice to me is like some of these countries over seas. You steal, you get a finger or hand chopped. The man breaks a certain law and his lady pays for it by being jailed and used by other men. Ok ladies to be fair could be the opposite way. I guess what I am getting at is our system caters to criminal activity. Now some people have been arrested and for crimes they did not committ. So like I said earlier US law system if F ed Up.
I agree that the sentence was too light. I have however seen multiple sentences like that, and numerous people who had zero political connections serve multiple years in the local detention center. In a past life, I was a corrections officer. The system is the system, people like this socki like to make stuff up. She has been proven wrong at every turn, but keeps the allegations going.

sockgirl77

Just because his mom and his stepfather split up does not mean that he still does not have a connection to him. Just because his ex-stepfather isn't a cop anymore because he lost his job does not mean that he does not have connections with the law. And btw, this is the first I've heard of his mom and stepfather splitting up. Also the blood BAC test was held up. Can't remember where I read it but I'm pretty sure it was the Baynet.

tom88

Just because his mom and his stepfather split up does not mean that he still does not have a connection to him. Just because his ex-stepfather isn't a cop anymore because he lost his job does Lost his job would indicate he was terminated or something to that effect. He is retired and collects his retirement benefit.not mean that he does not have connections with the law. And btw, this is the first I've heard of his mom and stepfather splitting up. Also the blood BAC test was held up. Can't remember where I read it but I'm pretty sure it was the Baynet.

Ok, I read through this entire thread. I have a couple of questions.

Who is it that is actually doing something for this guy? Knowing something about the sheriff's department I know that the arresting officer in this case from case search wasn't even working when the defendant's ex-step-father worked for the sheriff's department. So, if he held the evidence, that would mean he did that for a retired guy's ex son at who's behest? That doesn't really make sense to me. Let's say that happened though. How was it that the guy was convicted if you had no evidence of him being dui?

Ok, so lets move on to who else would have to be involved in this conspiracy. There are eleven other police officers involved in this case. At least two of those officers worked on the previous sheriff's campaing, and if you know anything about the previous sheriff, he did not like the defendant's ex-step father, he even demoted him and put him on desk work until he retired. So, knowing that, how is it that these two are jumping on board with the conspiracy? That's a tough one to over come.

But lets say that they were drugged, and can't leak out the conspiracy to the press. So now, we have a prosecutor who takes this case from Calvert County. Is he also complicit with the gobn? How so? He got a plea, which if I am reading correctly is consistent with many please taken in Southern Maryland for this type of charge. I'll post some.

Maryland Judiciary Case Search This is one year for the same thing.

Judge declines to reconsider man’s manslaughter sentence Four years for vehicular homicide.

There was another guy who got eight years, but it seemed he ran and had to be captured in Florida, so I am assuming there was more to that one.

So ok, lets say the prosecutor is complicit with the conspiracy. So, now the guy gets a sentence and is allowed to keep his time local time. (Despite your objections, this is a common practice.) Is the Judge now in on the conspiracy? The judge is the only person who can approve that deal.

So is it your assertion that the eleven police officers, out of county prosecutor, and the judge are all helping this defendant out because his ex-step father worked for the sheriff's department five years ago?

If that logic held true, why is it the states attorney's office in this county and the sheriff's office in this county arrested, and successfully prosecuted a POLICE OFFICER for dui, and assault a year or two ago?

Your theory of this being the good ole boy network you try to make it out to be doesn't seem to be supported by the FACTS.

SoccerMom2

Here's the real point imo. A very stupid guy who knew drinking and driving is illegal and can end up hurting or killing someone decided it was ok to drink and drive anyway. He ended up killing someone. Well not just someone. That someone was someones husband, father, son , brother and friend. When he went to court and was found guilty for his choice to drink and drive. He then got a bs sentence which pisses off a lot of people. I am one of the pissed of people btw. I feel horrible for the victims family. When i say victim i mean the women who had her husband murdered, the kids whos father was murdered, and to the parents who son was murdered. My condolence to them.

L

letmetellyou

Ok, I read through this entire thread. I have a couple of questions.

Who is it that is actually doing something for this guy? Knowing something about the sheriff's department I know that the arresting officer in this case from case search wasn't even working when the defendant's ex-step-father worked for the sheriff's department. So, if he held the evidence, that would mean he did that for a retired guy's ex son at who's behest? That doesn't really make sense to me. Let's say that happened though. How was it that the guy was convicted if you had no evidence of him being dui?

Ok, so lets move on to who else would have to be involved in this conspiracy. There are eleven other police officers involved in this case. At least two of those officers worked on the previous sheriff's campaing, and if you know anything about the previous sheriff, he did not like the defendant's ex-step father, he even demoted him and put him on desk work until he retired. So, knowing that, how is it that these two are jumping on board with the conspiracy? That's a tough one to over come.

But lets say that they were drugged, and can't leak out the conspiracy to the press. So now, we have a prosecutor who takes this case from Calvert County. Is he also complicit with the gobn? How so? He got a plea, which if I am reading correctly is consistent with many please taken in Southern Maryland for this type of charge. I'll post some.

Maryland Judiciary Case Search This is one year for the same thing.

Judge declines to reconsider man’s manslaughter sentence Four years for vehicular homicide.

There was another guy who got eight years, but it seemed he ran and had to be captured in Florida, so I am assuming there was more to that one.

So ok, lets say the prosecutor is complicit with the conspiracy. So, now the guy gets a sentence and is allowed to keep his time local time. (Despite your objections, this is a common practice.) Is the Judge now in on the conspiracy? The judge is the only person who can approve that deal.

So is it your assertion that the eleven police officers, out of county prosecutor, and the judge are all helping this defendant out because his ex-step father worked for the sheriff's department five years ago?

If that logic held true, why is it the states attorney's office in this county and the sheriff's office in this county arrested, and successfully prosecuted a POLICE OFFICER for dui, and assault a year or two ago?

Your theory of this being the good ole boy network you try to make it out to be doesn't seem to be supported by the FACTS.
Well said, but I have a feeling she is not going to concede. She has it in her mind that everybody is on the take. It's probably because as I read in the thread, her friends are dopers going to jail.

tom88

Just because his mom and his stepfather split up does not mean that he still does not have a connection to him. Just because his ex-stepfather isn't a cop anymore because he lost his job does not mean that he does not have connections with the law. And btw, this is the first I've heard of his mom and stepfather splitting up. Also the blood BAC test was held up. Can't remember where I read it but I'm pretty sure it was the Baynet.

Well if you read the newspaper this morning, you will see the prosecutor is STILL going after him. It was a visiting judge who gave the sentence at the top of the guidlines and authorized work release at the OBJECTION of the state. Where is your conspiracy theory now?