could be another fatal accident

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We do protect. You can be afraid to walk through the big bad city, or scary Great Mills Road (that's a joke) but there are many who do just fine every day. Don't worry, we will protect you. We are there every night, riding through your neighbor hood, scaring the bad guy away. Sleep well.

You may THNK you are there to protect but it's not feasible that you can.

If you COULD protect, than there would be no reason for an ivestigative arm to the PD.. as if you COULD protect every/ANYone than nobody would get robbed, nobody would get raped, and nobody would get killed. Your police dept, nor ANY police dept can not protect anyone, it's just NOT possible.

It's not only an individuals right but civic duty to protect themselves. The problem lies in the fact that the government wants you to believe they can protect you when they can't, and in telling you they can take away all the tools a citizen needs to do it themselves. In the first instance we are citizens, in the latter we are subjects..

Lastly, if what you say if true, that you DO protect us, that would make you and your department liable any and every time someone did get robbed, raped or killed for that one person you failed to proetect would be YOUR failure, and you should be held accountable. Is this the case or not?

Last edited:

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
Freudian slip? and it's moot, which is a point, which due to circumstances no longer need be made.

Freudian slip,, ok like I know what that is, don't worry I do

Her picking on a screw up is like me picking on someone about spelling or grammar.
But she has posted her points so let it drop.

TurboK9

You may THNK you are there to protect but it's not feasible that you can.

If you COULD protect, than there would be no reason for an ivestigative arm to the PD.. as if you COULD protect every/ANYone than nobody would get robbed, nobody would get raped, and nobody would get killed. Your police dept, nor ANY police dept can protect anyone, it's just NOT possible.

It's not only an individuals right but civic duty to protect themselves. The problem lies in the fact that the government wants you to believe they can protect you when they can't, and in telling you they can take away all the tools a citizen needs to do it themselves. In the first instance we are citizens, in the latter we are subjects..

Lastly, if what you say if true, that you DO protect us, that would make you and your department liable any and every time someone did get robbed, raped or killed for that one person you failed to proetect would be YOUR failure, and you should be held accountable. Is this the case or not?

:yay:

Oddly, the lowly, often disdained by police officers, security guard is far more procative and a more efficient protecter, because that is the essence of their job, and their limited AO and mobility allow it, almost force it. Heck when I worked security down in FL with my dog, the OCSO asked for my help more often than I did theirs, on my properties (building searches, foot pursuits through the property, suspects hiding like ninja, etc). I was even tasked at one point with protecting OCSO property when they were building their new facility, LOL Two live bites for us in one week :). Security is proactive, police are reactive.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Her picking on a screw up is like me picking on someone about spelling or grammar.
You picking on someone about their spelling and they fix it :dingding:
You picking on someone about their grammer and they fix it :dingding:
Her picking on someone about their DUI and they don't do it :dingding:

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
You picking on someone about their spelling and they fix it :dingding:
You picking on someone about their grammer and they fix it :dingding:
Her picking on someone about their DUI and they don't do it :dingding:

If you have read any of my posts you would know I can't spell. So pick away it will not matter.

By the way, she works as a bartender. Need I say more?

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
Yes, I'm sure you're making some point, but it escapes me.

I want Sockie to stop bring up Mikey cause screwed up while drinking.

You said
Her picking on someone about their DUI and they don't do it

Well, how can someone who makes money serving beer to people and then have them drive home?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
If you have read any of my posts you would know I can't spell. So pick away it will not matter.

By the way, she works as a bartender. Need I say more?

No she does not work as a bartender at the present time as far as I know of. Not that it would matter. She has also in the eleven years I have known her has worked a full time job as well. Bartending supplemented her income. I did the same for over ten years myself. Sometimes you have to work two jobs to make ends meet. I'd rather someone work two jobs than suck off the government teet.

As a matter of fact on my 30th birthday she was my bartender and she also my pre-arranged ride home. Your personal opinions of her cannot change the fact that this man killed another human being because he thought he was okay to drive when he clearly was not. The one thing I do know is that it is a slap in the face to any other citizen in this county that this person is doing 4yrs with work release in the county jail when if it were most of us that had done the same thing we would be in DOC.

I don't by any means think he meant to harm anyone but the fact is he did and with that comes consequences and in the opinion of many his punishment is way less than the severity of his crime. He still gets to leave the jail for 8 plus hours a day earn money etc. That woman lost her husband whom she will never see again. How would you feel if this happened to your spouse?

nomoney

I want Sockie to stop bring up Mikey cause screwed up while drinking.

You said
Her picking on someone about their DUI and they don't do it

Well, how can someone who makes money serving beer to people and then have them drive home?

It seems to me you've prob mentioned Mikey being a screw-up more in the last few hours then she has in this whole thread. :confused:

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~

:confused: So are you saying that a bartender should be held responsible for a persons actions once they leave an establishment :confused:

The point of the argument here is this: He was charged with vehicular manslaughter and was sentenced to 4 years in county lock up with work release.

Let's say I went out drinking, chose to drive, and as a result of my actions, I killed someone? Just because me or my family may be part of or know in the criminal system of St. Marys, does that give me the right to serve in a county jail opposed to D.O.C. which anyone else who would have committed this crime would have served? No, if I kill someone and am sentenced to 4 years in prision, that's what I should get!

Reguardless of the mistakes Socki has made in her life, it has not caused bodily harm or killed someone, let alone be illegal. Just because you don't agree with the comment that she or anyone else has made on this subject, doesn't change the fact of what happened.

This is the somd forums, we discuss things that happen here in the county and around the world. Some people like what others have to comment about and some don't. If you don't like the comments being made on this particular story.....see that "x" in the top right hand corner of your screen.....click that and carry on with your day :huggy:

Last edited:

Inkd

Lets get this clear, I am not defending what he has done

I just dont see the need in her bring it up every week. And review the thread, she would post that no charges have been filed yet to when they were filed up to now that he has been sentenced.

Not she if she mentioned he has been in jail for months already

It should be brought up every godd@mn DAY that this POS repeat offender killed someone and because of his family ties, got a B.S. sentence that is a F'n INSULT to the other victim of his crime. Been in jail months already my lily white a$$!!!!!! This POS ########## has been out of jail every damn day, earning a living and most likely seeing his family, something that the wife of the man will never be able to do again. I remember when this happened and a co-worker who has known this POS his whole life told me, he'll get a slap on the wrist. A friggin' joke. No, not a joke, a F'n insult.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
I remember when this happened and a co-worker who has known this POS his whole life told me, he'll get a slap on the wrist. A friggin' joke. No, not a joke, a F'n insult.

And I believe that's the point that was trying to be made all along :yay:
But instead, he/she/it has to bring up someone elses business that has nothing to do with this because he/she/it didn't like the comment that said person made.

MMDad

Lem Putt

She wasn't even the one who bumped this thread, she just commented. Why do you target Socki? Why not attack the person who bumped the thread?

He was just sentenced, and it was just in last Friday's paper. Why do you think it is not appropriate to discuss the sentence when it happens? Should we have discussed the sentence before there was a sentence? You know, use ESP?

And you bumping this thread constantly will ensure that more and more people will see just how effed up your buddy is and will ensure that we continue discussing him. Good job.

sockgirl77

Dear Squirrel Bait,
Get your facts straight. I've been married once. I am not a bartender. While bartending I cut a many of people off when I found out they were drinking. I also have barely posted lately and was not the one that bumped this thread. So now who needs to get a life? And as far as Mikey goes, it pains me to know that he's turned out this way. Anyone that knows me well enough knows that I spent a many of years in love with that boy while we were in school. So yeah I know him a lot better than most people considering I've known him for 21 years. But continue bashing me with BS and half-truths. Have at it. I have a wonderful life to get back to. I have a wonderful bf and 3 beautiful children. What about you?

:rolleyes:,
Socki (no "e")

sockgirl77

*edit my last post since my phone won't let me* I did not cut people off when I found out they were drinking. I cut them off when I found out they were driving. :dork:

sockgirl77

Inkd, you're right. He actually got a parking ticket in the Sheriff's Office parking lot a few months ago. :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I have made better trust me
I want her to drop it. One post she makes how long she has know him and his family and then she wont STFU about it.
Mikey's cousin was killed the same way as Mikey killed this guy. If anyone should have learned it would have been Mikey. So her slamming his name over and over again will not help anyone. She needs to apply for a job at St Marys today, they are great at dragging up the past and beating someone in the face about it
If it really pains you so, there's an ignore button. I suggest you use it.:yay: