COUNTRY GIRL I’m a country girl – men all have the same excuses for not wanting to date me

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's ridiculous to complain that the reason you're not getting what you want from other people is that the REST OF HUMANITY is messed up.

Is it, though? Because there are a lot of messed up people in this country, especially in the metro areas where these Tik Tok people live. So let's say she's in Portland where the residents vote for Democrats who cheer on riots and arson and murder. Is she the crazy one, or is it them?

SamSpade

Is it, though? Because there are a lot of messed up people in this country, especially in the metro areas where these Tik Tok people live. So let's say she's in Portland where the residents vote for Democrats who cheer on riots and arson and murder. Is she the crazy one, or is it them?
I don't get the impression she is impugning the men in her area - it sounds like she is impugning MEN.

To me it sounds similar to a geek who never attempts any kind of personal hygiene saying there's something wrong with all women because they can't accept him for how he is.

I actually HAVE known MEN who say similar things - that women just can't handle them because they're too masculine. No - you're an *******.

OccamsRazor

It's ridiculous to complain that the reason you're not getting what you want from other people is that the REST OF HUMANITY is messed up.
Hollywood has been doing this for a few years now. When a "woke" movie that regurgitates an old story and gender swaps characters doesn't become a blockbuster, they simply blame the audience saying "they are bigoted and can't handle the XXXX message."

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Hollywood has been doing this for a few years now. When a "woke" movie that regurgitates an old story and gender swaps characters doesn't become a blockbuster, they simply blame the audience saying "they are bigoted and can't handle the XXXX message."
That sounds intolerant.

Are you one of the reasons we can't have Lesbian Ghostbusters?

OccamsRazor

That sounds intolerant.

Are you one of the reasons we can't have Lesbian Ghostbusters?
Sounds interesting. Maybe you should pitch the idea. Would probably be better than the All-girl cast Ghostbusters remake.
In truth, producers and studios just cannot seem to grasp that people do not like these "woke" movies because the story line is old and the overall acting and writing is horrible. Instead of accepting failure, they just blame the audience.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Sounds interesting. Maybe you should pitch the idea. Would probably be better than the All-girl cast Ghostbusters remake.
In truth, producers and studios just cannot seem to grasp that people do not like these "woke" movies because the story line is old and the overall acting and writing is horrible. Instead of accepting failure, they just blame the audience.
Same movie.

DaSDGuy

Actually I don't like anybody with closed minds who place all people into categories before actually knowing them 1st. You have declared yourself to be that kind of person so you are not my type. Deal with it. FYI - real adults don't drink Coors.

Last edited:

SamSpade

Somehow utterly, completely overlooking the idea that they are
REGURGITATING AN OLD IDEA.

It's rare that a remake is worth watching at all. I like the remakes of "The Longest Yard" and "True Grit" but in each case, they almost totally, 100% repeat the first movie (they COMPLETELY change the ending of True Grit - but some exchanges are word for word the same - because honestly, you can't change it...

Lucky Ned Pepper: What is your intention Rooster? You think one on four is a dogfall?
Rooster Cogburn: I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which will you have?
Lucky Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!
Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!

But most of the time it's "WTF, you mean they REMADE that film?". "Oh yeah, but it's shot in modern day, the male lead is a lesbian, and nobody dies".

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Yep. In fact, the beloved and cherished, Scooby Doo show, is now being recast with gayness.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
For your consideration ...

Yep. In fact, the beloved and cherished, Scooby Doo show, is now being recast with gayness.

Riverdale did that with the tv version of the Archies. Moose was gay, and the girls had their moments of lesbian. I liked the show at first but stopped watching. Got really dark and CW pushed the LBGTXYZ123 way too much.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"The Longest Yard"

TLY is one of my guilty pleasures and what I didn't like about the remake is that the cons are all good guys that you're supposed to like instead of thinking about what crime they committed to land in prison. Even Adam Sandler - he's this poor guy with a ball buster girlfriend instead of Burt who was a shithead who slapped his girlfriend and stole her car. I don't like movies where the prisoners are all good guys because it plays into that liberal bullshit narrative that murderers and rapists are just misunderstood and should be freed.

Also Eddie Albert is the best evil warden ever.

EVER!!!

</rant>

SamSpade

TLY is one of my guilty pleasures and what I didn't like about the remake is that the cons are all good guys that you're supposed to like instead of thinking about what crime they committed to land in prison. Even Adam Sandler - he's this poor guy with a ball buster girlfriend instead of Burt who was a shithead who slapped his girlfriend and stole her car. I don't like movies where the prisoners are all good guys because it plays into that liberal bullshit narrative that murderers and rapists are just misunderstood and should be freed.

Also Eddie Albert is the best evil warden ever.

EVER!!!

</rant>
I do like both even though they’re still basically the same story - screwing the secretary for the films, the guy getting a football in his nuts (it’s a ref in Sandler’s), Caretaker’s murder, the guy getting clotheslined -

But watch them back to back and you realize - Sandler’s is almost all comedy and Reynold’s one is much darker.

Anyway - my original point is that remakes are never better than the original. And often they’re much worse.