County trivia

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Ok, I have a few.

1. Where was the Yarn Barn?

2. What grocery store was the original in San Souci Plaza?

3. What was the name of the business that was at the corner of St. Andrew's Church Road and Rt. 235 (where the Wawa is now)?

These aren't too old because I'm not too old. :lol:

The Yarn Barn was on 235 - wasn't it about where Starbucks is now? :confused:

Jamesway was where Shoppers is now - but that wasn't a grocery store. I know there was a grocery store where Maximum is now - was it SuperFresh?

Ya got me on the last one. :lol:

Jameo

What?!
Ok, I have a few.

1. Where was the Yarn Barn?

2. What grocery store was the original in San Souci Plaza?

3. What was the name of the business that was at the corner of St. Andrew's Church Road and Rt. 235 (where the Wawa is now)?

These aren't too old because I'm not too old. :lol:

3. Western Steer

sockgirl77

Where was Sizzler in Lexington park? :lmao:

Where nasty Lonestar is now.

What shopping center had a group of kids that constantly painted smiley faces on the back of it? 50 bonus points if you can actually say you knew the doofuses that did it. :lol:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
That must have been a LONG time ago. The only Elmer Hall's I ever went to was right there next to McKay's on 245; it's now storage units or something.
You're just a youngin....Elmer Hall had "Hall's" right on the corner across from the now burchmart....Little tiny store but he had ANYTHING you wanted in just about any size...BTW...What was where the Leonardtown Burchmart is now?

I forgot Janice's....Senior Moment....Might know you also.....Born the same year!!!!!
How about Avenue Sunoco??? The ORIGINAL Leonardtown Wharf...
Just about lived at Avenue Sunoco...How about Jim Balls store? Are you from that area...If so, we probably went to school together...

Halls used to be on the Corner in Leonardtown ( now the intersection of 5 and 245)

Yup..

Jameo

What?!
Where nasty Lonestar is now.

What shopping center had a group of kids that constantly painted smiley faces on the back of it? 50 bonus points if you can actually say you knew the doofuses that did it. :lol:

nope, it was in the square. Where Buffalo Wings & Beer, Bermuda triangle (I think) used to be

GoodnessME

You're just a youngin....Elmer Hall had "Hall's" right on the corner across from the now burchmart....Little tiny store but he had ANYTHING you wanted in just about any size...BTW...What was where the Leonardtown Burchmart is now?

Just about lived at Avenue Sunoco...How about Jim Balls store? Are you from that area...If so, we probably went to school together...

Yup..

Jim Balls was on the SHARPE turn on 242 South pass the Church....Born and Raised in 7D!!!! Probably know each other....Remember Cabbage Alley(aka Cabba Jallie)?? How about the boat races at CaptSam's???

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
When I was little, it was the Leonardtown Sunoco. My brother worked there :lmao: That brings back memories
Nope...There was a Gulf Station there...Burch owned the property...herb payne ran it for a while...

Not quite right.....Esso/Exxon where BurchMart is. Leonardtown Sunoco was where VJ's Liquors) is...It was Called Hayden's Sunoco.
Wasn't it a Gulf Station?

Jim Balls was on the SHARPE turn on 242 South pass the Church....Born and Raised in 7D!!!! Probably know each other....Remember Cabbage Alley(aka Cabba Jallie)?? How about the boat races at CaptSam's???
Yup remember Cabbage Alley very well...Still is Cabbage Alley..My wife is from there (Abell) remembered the boat races too...Raced there in 69-70...
You M or F? Give me your initials and I bet I know you....