County trivia

BuddyLee

Football addict
Last person to ever live in the Point Lookout Lighthouse was Laura Berg in 1980-1981ish. She rented the lighthouse before the Navy decided to stop renting it out. She reportedly had so many paranormal experiences that she kept a daily diary of them all.

OldHillcrestGuy

Does anyone know any of the history of the houses on Charlotte Hall Road?

Nope but some of them have been there a long long time.:shrug:
I do know what once was the Charlotte Hall Post Office building was moved many years ago from the area of Charlotte Hall Rd and Charlotte Hall School Rd, to behind the yellowish colored house directly across from the entrance to the Northern Senior Center.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Name of car dealership on the right (southbound) of Rt. 5 before the road splits at the Halfway House. (hint: they sold Chevrolet cars)

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
OH! I was talking about the original one! When did Ritter take over it? :lol:

My question was misleading...Ritter built the new dealership building in Mechanicsville but I think they got the old Guy Chevrolet franchise...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My question was misleading...Ritter built the new dealership building in Mechanicsville but I think they got the old Guy Chevrolet franchise...

:yay: That's who was there before - Guy Chevrolet. That's where I got my first car.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
You're not talkin about Park Pontiac are you? I think that was a Dodge dealer after Park Pontiac left....

GoodnessME

You're not talkin about Park Pontiac are you? I think that was a Dodge dealer after Park Pontiac left....

I only remember it as a Dodge Dealer. Went there looking for my 1st car because my Dad was a "Chrysler" man....LOL. It was Horton Dodge in the late 60s and early 70s. The bank bought the building (I think from Bob Hunt) and converted it....Such Old Timers we are...LOL