COVID-19

Clem72

It was stated that there are probably a lot of COVID-19 cases that were not reported, thus the death rates appear inflated.

This is the part that I don't understand. Every time you see the statistics reported, they are accounting for estimated asymptomatic infections. It's already baked into the number. It's also baked into the normal flu number. Do you think the people coming up with the models for disease forecasting missed something you thought of within seconds of seeing the data?

Chris0nllyn

Who thinks this BS has it not been around for ever if Lysol kills it whats the problem.

Good lord.

Perfect example why you shouldn't get your news from Facebook.

The "human coronavirus" is not new. It was first identified in the 60s. There are 7 different types including MERS and SARS.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/types.html

In accordance with the EPA's "Emerging Pathogen Policy", some Lysol products have shown effectiveness against viruses similar to COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2).
https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/emerging-viral-pathogen-guidance-antimicrobial-pesticides
Specific Lysol products have demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) on hard, non-porous surfaces.
https://www.lysol.com/healthy-home/understanding-coronavirus/

All this is on CDC's website and on Lysol's website, but I get it....Facebook is easier and requires no research.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Was listening to a doctor on the radio as we drove up to DC this morning.
He brought up the point that not enough testing has been done in the USA to get an accurate baseline from which to calculate percentages of infections, recoveries, deaths and so forth.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I predict by the end of April more people will have died from bankruptcy than the virus.
As more events are canceled and schools and businesses close, the economy is going to tank.
The only way to stop the market from tanking is to close it as well, which then means a run on banks.
Of course if you have tons of cash you won't have to worry about the biggest commodity, toilet paper.
Media will have tons of viewers even if their advertisers are bankrupt

oops

forgot

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Kinnakeet

"Its their new hoax" " I didnt know people died from the flu" " Why can't we just use the Flu vaccine"

These are actual quotes from Trump. You think that is being "all over this"? He is a moron He has been golfing at Mar-a- lago for 7 days.

This sis more dangerous than the FLU. Stop repeating lies. The mortality rate is higher and we have no immunity and no known vaccine. If this gets into nursing homes and hospitals it will be difficult to contain and those are the people most vulnerable.

No one is saying everyone is going to die from this but to keep repeating the lies Trump is telling you in his ham fisted attempt to contain the markets is irresponsible
You are too funny this is all Bamas fault

Kinnakeet

Eradicated?? Like gun laws will eradicate murder??

Aren't you special.

So you say there are over 52 million dead now?? 2.5 BILLION infected?? Trump shutting down airlines coming from China worked, despite the democrats whining about it for one..

SOMETHING broke the model, I would have to say it's something we did, and something everyone else around the world did. Looking at the big picture we have countries that are 1/50th of our size that have more infected people, and more deaths.. so again, leads to the conclusion that the Trump administration did something right, while others were "waiting to see what happens". How many cases were there in Italy when Trump shut down flights from China?? How about now??

"I started with day over day growth,” he told me, using publicly available data released by China. “[I then] took that data and dumped it into an AI neural net using a RNN [recurrent neural network] model and ran the simulation ten million times. That output dictated the forecast for the following day. Once the following day’s output was published, I grabbed that data, added it to the training data, and re-ran ten million times.”

The results so far have successfully predicted the following day’s publicly-released numbers within 3%, Ross says.

The results were shocking. Horrific, even.
SOMETHING broke the model, I would have to say it's something we did, and something everyone else around the world did. Looking at the big picture we have countries that are 1/50th of our size that have more infected people, and more deaths
Those are the sh!t hole countries and that is what happens to them because of their leaders

Auntie Biache'

I heard this morning that there was rumored to be a case on the base (RAFB), a child. Don't know how much truth there is to that rumor.

My nephew called me last night. He has been deathly ill, flu like symptoms, difficulty breathing. He has been tested for C19, awaiting results.

Kinnakeet

Good lord.

Perfect example why you shouldn't get your news from Facebook.

The "human coronavirus" is not new. It was first identified in the 60s. There are 7 different types including MERS and SARS.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/types.html

In accordance with the EPA's "Emerging Pathogen Policy", some Lysol products have shown effectiveness against viruses similar to COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2).
https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/emerging-viral-pathogen-guidance-antimicrobial-pesticides

https://www.lysol.com/healthy-home/understanding-coronavirus/

All this is on CDC's website and on Lysol's website, but I get it....Facebook is easier and requires no research.
Years ago I read on the Lysol spray and wtf would I or anyone believe facebook

Goldenhawk

How does lack of testing impact the number of dead?? Please be specific..
Doesn't impact the number of dead. It does impact how many people are known/confirmed to have COVID19. That skews the percentages being reported, but most smart analysts are taking that into account.