Crock pot

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Did you make it past the first paragraph? Paragraph 2, first sentence “MSG occurs naturally in many foods, such as tomatoes and cheeses”
No it does not. The amino acid glutamic acid, which is attached to other amino acids, (bound), occurs naturally in food, not monosodium glutamate.

The FDA is intentionally interchanging the words MSG and glutamic acid to obfuscate the truth to readers. One is found in nature, the other is manufactured. Do not forget that the FDA works for the big commercial corporate owned processed food manufacturers. They are the whore to the food industry.

And yeah, I read the whole thing.

PJay

Sure I eat. I try to keep things simple though. Fatty steaks, (year round outside grilling), eggs with lots of butter, bacon, fish, vegatables, etc.. That's my recipe for eating. Though I do make my own Kimchi, which is loaded with vitamins and probiotics.

Had to look that up.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Had to look that up.
There are many recipes out there, (authentic Korean being the best ones), which, can also be modified to your own taste. The stuff sold in stores has been pasteurized and is dead food, since pasteurization kills all the good things in it. Just like sauerkraut. Store bought sauerkraut is still tangy but nutritionally worthless. So so so very easy to make at home. When/if you do though, use Himalayan salt, or Celtic sea salt, as both are natural and contain minerals. Regular table salt is the worst. Regular table salt is stripped of everything is only pretty much straight sodium, (the worst kind), save the addition of iodine. If you need to add iodine in your diet, use seaweed, kelp, or get a bottle of J.CROW'S® Lugol's Solution of Iodine 5%. With Lugol's Solution of Iodine, you'll only need to use about a drop a day or every other day in food or a drink. Plus it helps to support the thyroid. (Disclaimer and CYA. Yes there are medical caveats, as in all things. But use your own judgment).

As well as being a super source of probiotics, sauerkraut is alkaline and also provides vitamins A, B, C, and K1-2; iron and minerals, nutrients known to support a stronger immune response, and, is full of probiotics (excellent for health and one's gut microbiome). More probiotics than the strongest probiotics pills sold at stores. Again, so so so very easy to make at home. Just need a mason jar, or fermenting crock, depending on the quantity and level of desired production, cabbage and salt. That's it. Two simple ingredients. You could also add equal amount of red cabbage to give it some color. Plus you can add a bit of shredded carrot and garlic and spices if you wanted.

So, get to some shredding, no need to wash the cabbage or your hands, (unless you just finished working on a car's engine and they're greasy : )), for that matter, (since its the bacteria all over the cabbage, your hands, and in the air, that do the work in the fermentation process and which will be killed off during the process), mix in the salt, (which is if your cabbage is 2 ½ pounds, use 3 ¾ to 5 teaspoons salt), let sit about 3-4 hours, then pack into a 1 or 2 quart mason jar, (or smaller if you just want to experiment), leaving room, about 1 or 2 inches, at the top, and cover the cabbage with a leaf pushed down upon the cabbage so it is under the water in the jar and weigh down with a clean stone, add 2% salt water mix if necessary to raise the level, (still maintain that 1-2" gap from the top. You don't want it to over flow), with a venting lid or a cheesecloth, as it will get very bubbly during the fermentation process. Then place in a somewhat cool place in your home, (Room temp. Or lower. But not too cool as it slows down the fermentation process). In about a week, or 4, or 3 to 10 days, depends on taste testing and when you want to refrigerate... wallah, sauerkraut. You can then put it in the fridge, or, even continue letting it ferment longer which changes the taste/flavor and can add to the zest.

Home made is always, always, the best. Nutritionally and in taste.

Sauerkraut, and Kimchi, are very nutritious. ...
Improves your digestion. ...
Boosts your immune system. ...
May help you lose weight. ...
Keeps the gut microbiome healthy ...
Helps reduce stress and maintain brain health. ...
May reduce the risk of certain cancers. ...
May promote heart health. ...
Contributes to stronger bones.

PJay

There are many recipes out there, (authentic Korean being the best ones), which, can also be modified to your own taste. The stuff sold in stores has been pasteurized and is dead food, since pasteurization kills all the good things in it. Just like sauerkraut. Store bought sauerkraut is still tangy but nutritionally worthless. So so so very easy to make at home. When/if you do though, use Himalayan salt, or Celtic sea salt, as both are natural and contain minerals. Regular table salt is the worst. Regular table salt is stripped of everything is only pretty much straight sodium, (the worst kind), save the addition of iodine. If you need to add iodine in your diet, use seaweed, kelp, or get a bottle of J.CROW'S® Lugol's Solution of Iodine 5%. With Lugol's Solution of Iodine, you'll only need to use about a drop a day or every other day in food or a drink. Plus it helps to support the thyroid. (Disclaimer and CYA. Yes there are medical caveats, as in all things. But use your own judgment).

As well as being a super source of probiotics, sauerkraut is alkaline and also provides vitamins A, B, C, and K1-2; iron and minerals, nutrients known to support a stronger immune response, and, is full of probiotics (excellent for health and one's gut microbiome). More probiotics than the strongest probiotics pills sold at stores. Again, so so so very easy to make at home. Just need a mason jar, or fermenting crock, depending on the quantity and level of desired production, cabbage and salt. That's it. Two simple ingredients. You could also add equal amount of red cabbage to give it some color. Plus you can add a bit of shredded carrot and garlic and spices if you wanted.

So, get to some shredding, no need to wash the cabbage or your hands, (unless you just finished working on a car's engine and they're greasy : )), for that matter, (since its the bacteria all over the cabbage, your hands, and in the air, that do the work in the fermentation process and which will be killed off during the process), mix in the salt, (which is if your cabbage is 2 ½ pounds, use 3 ¾ to 5 teaspoons salt), let sit about 3-4 hours, then pack into a 1 or 2 quart mason jar, (or smaller if you just want to experiment), leaving room, about 1 or 2 inches, at the top, and cover the cabbage with a leaf pushed down upon the cabbage so it is under the water in the jar and weigh down with a clean stone, add 2% salt water mix if necessary to raise the level, (still maintain that 1-2" gap from the top. You don't want it to over flow), with a venting lid or a cheesecloth, as it will get very bubbly during the fermentation process. Then place in a somewhat cool place in your home, (Room temp. Or lower. But not too cool as it slows down the fermentation process). In about a week, or 4, or 3 to 10 days, depends on taste testing and when you want to refrigerate... wallah, sauerkraut. You can then put it in the fridge, or, even continue letting it ferment longer which changes the taste/flavor and can add to the zest.

Home made is always, always, the best. Nutritionally and in taste.

Sauerkraut, and Kimchi, are very nutritious. ...
Improves your digestion. ...
Boosts your immune system. ...
May help you lose weight. ...
Keeps the gut microbiome healthy ...
Helps reduce stress and maintain brain health. ...
May reduce the risk of certain cancers. ...
May promote heart health. ...
Contributes to stronger bones.
Thank you for all that.

I like sauerkraut.. problem is I have a lot of tummy issues... always have, unfortunately. I hate it like most people that have what I've been diagnosed with. I love fruit and vegetables but can only eat certain ones.