Crying women in car a scam?

mitzi

When I worked retail, I had a few come in with a sob story asking if I could give them $20 out of the register. They would come back the next day to repay it.

Bare-ya-cuda

If you rest your hand on top of your Sig, they are not interested in getting anywhere close to you.
Had a tweeker try it in my at the great mills sheets. Should have seen everyone’s reaction when I yelled at him if he crossed that crack in the cement he was going to die. He complied. He asked for a dollar. I told him I would give him a dollar but he was not to move from that spot. After I handed him the dollar he didn’t move. A minute went by and I asked what are you doing. He asked for permission to move. Told him as long as he he turned and went away from me. He complied.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Had a tweeker try it in my at the great mills sheets. Should have seen everyone’s reaction when I yelled at him if he crossed that crack in the cement he was going to die. He complied. He asked for a dollar. I told him I would give him a dollar but he was not to move from that spot. After I handed him the dollar he didn’t move. A minute went by and I asked what are you doing. He asked for permission to move. Told him as long as he he turned and went away from me. He complied.
Now, that's respect!

black dog

Free America
Lol.
I have been known when I get a tailgater when riding a motorcycle to lift the one side of my riding jacket up and slide it down between mr sleeping sig and tee shirt. It normally cures the problem instantly.

mitzi

When I worked retail, I had a few come in with a sob story asking if I could give them $20 out of the register. They would come back the next day to repay it.

I need to add they "said" they come back and repay it the next day. I never believed them and one got the girl I worked with because she believed the story. I never gave them money. I told them I would be fired if I took money out the register and that I was personally broke.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Instead of telling her you only carried plastic, you should have asked her if she at least had enough gas to pull her car out of the way so you could leave after you loaded your groceries.

willie

Back in my working days, a co-worker and myself were walking down K St. in D.C. to an account. A bum approached us asking for a quarter and my co-worker said he'll flip him for it and give him double or nothing. The bum lost and the co-worker took his quarter. I've felt guilty foe witnessing that ever since.

Hessian

Point the pump at them and pull out a Zippo.
A Derek Zoolander moment?

SugarBear47

So the other day, a couple women pulled up next to me in the Giant parking lot as I loaded groceries and sat there with the windows down as the driver loudly cried into a cell phone about not having enough money for gas to get somewhere. After a minute the passenger spoke up and asked me for money. I said I don't carry cash and they drove away. Is this the new beggar scam? Usually they just walk up to me and beg. I thought that it might be real for a few seconds, but the way the driver was making such a scene screamed scam to me. I'm just curious if others have seen these women around wasting gas to beg for money to buy gas or maybe they did go somewhere?

This has been going on for years. It happened to me in the Walgreens parking lot when a man pulled so close to my car that I couldn't open my door, trapping me, and begging for money to "get home", because he said his car was broke down in the Giant parking lot. Last month at the Lusby Walgreens someone damaged the hood of my car.....dented and scraped to the metal....800$ repair. I've heard that the Leonardtown Walgreens is a totally different atmosphere...clean, courteous and not rundown like Lusby's store has become.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I got hit up by a guy at BJs yesterday. He needed 3-4 dollars to take the bus. Sorry, no cash!

Bare-ya-cuda

I got hit up by a guy at BJs yesterday. He needed 3-4 dollars to take the bus. Sorry, no cash!
They like to linger in that wooded are between BJs and wawa. Seen some sheath individuals head in and out of there and duck down out off sight.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They like to linger in that wooded are between BJs and wawa. Seen some sheath individuals head in and out of there and duck down out off sight.
That guy got me in walmarts parking lot one night at 8 PM, I said there is no bus this late and he turned away.
He was kinda freaky. It was almost like he was whispering, I had to say What? twice to understand him. Or he wanted me to come closer. As if!