Cub Scout Camping

Took the Pack camping this past weekend at Cedarville. I think everybody had an enjoyable time.

Made a peach cobbler in the dutch oven. Put it on the coals of the cooking fire while we had our "Graduation" at the ampitheater. Came back from graduation and checked it. It was done. Turned out PERFECT. Crust was light golden brown. Not a BIT of burning of the filling.
:drool: :yum:

Last edited:

Elle

Happy Camper!
We had our cross over thing this past weekend too but camped locally. Turned out to be a great weekend for it.

I'm hoping next weekend will be just as nice b/c we plan to take the camper over to Westmoreland.

Elle said:
We had our cross over thing this past weekend too but camped locally. Turned out to be a great weekend for it.

I'm hoping next weekend will be just as nice b/c we plan to take the camper over to Westmoreland.
What Pack are you with?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
huntr1 said:
Made a peach cobbler in the dutch oven. :yum:
Was at Westmoreland State park in VA last year and the rangers fixed one :yay: For some reason my weird kid doesn't like pie, but I told him to keep quiet, get in line and get a helping of cobbler :lol:

aps45819 said:
Was at Westmoreland State park in VA last year and the rangers fixed one :yay: For some reason my weird kid doesn't like pie, but I told him to keep quiet, get in line and get a helping of cobbler :lol:
I make cobbler every camping trip. Last fall I made 2. 1 each cherry and blueberry. The turnout was lower this campingtrip so I made just the one (that and I ran out of time to prepare it, I was running late and the schedule was jam packed). This one was by FAR the best one yet.
Gonna try a different method for our Pack calendar planning cookout. Right now it is more "dumpcake" than cobbler in that I just dump in 4 cans of pie filling and cover with a dry cake mix and put in the fire. Next time I am going to use the canned biscuits for the crust, and line the bottom with them in addition to putting them on top. I have 3 dutch ovens, so I can make a couple "regular" ones just in case I burn the heck out of the biscuit one.