Custom bras

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Daughter has a hard time getting a bra fitted...she is still in school and is a 34-35 DD she was at Victorias secret this week and the lady said "I cant help you" she called me crying..she said she tried on every bra in the place...Can I get her a custom bra? Where can I (she) go? What can I do for her? I feel really bad :frown:

J

jaybeeztoo

Pasofever said:
Daughter has a hard time getting a bra fitted...she is still in school and is a 34-35 DD she was at Victorias secret this week and the lady said "I cant help you" she called me crying..she said she tried on every bra in the place...Can I get her a custom bra? Where can I (she) go? What can I do for her? I feel really bad :frown:

Why wouldn't VS help her?

Not sure about custom bras. Google it. I'm sure you can find something on the web.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pasofever said:

Oh, for cryin' out loud. She needs to see another sales person at VS. I know for a fact they carry that size. Poor thing. Also, I find that size on a fairly regular basis at Target, but you have to keep your eyes peeled for them and try them on. She doesn't need a custom bra, she needs a sales person that gives a sh!t.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Elaine and Jay...she tried on ALOT she eithe over flows them or the underwires poke her in the arm...big but narrow I guess. I took her myself to Belks and JC Pennys and somewhere in the park..NOTHING..She is always tucking herself back in..We paid $50 for the bra she is wearing now (they had one in stock at the time that 1/2 way fit) and she is always tucking herself in or you see over flow through her shirts..I just wish I could do more for her..she want a boob reduction lift for christmas :frown:

This was my last resort to come here... :lmao: and she would be mad if she knew.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pasofever said:
Elaine and Jay...she tried on ALOT she eithe over flows them or the underwires poke her in the arm...big but narrow I guess. I took her myself to Belks and JC Pennys and somewhere in the park..NOTHING..She is always tucking herself back in..We paid $50 for the bra she is wearing now (they had one in stock at the time that 1/2 way fit) and she is always tucking herself in or you see over flow through her shirts..I just wish I could do more for her..she want a boob reduction lift for christmas :frown:

This was my last resort to come here... :lmao: and she would be mad if she knew.

Then the bra is the wrong size. She needs a larger cup. You can't just say you wear a size and expect to fit in it because you want to. Denial. Also, tell her to start complaining about back problems, if she isn't already, and your insurance company will pay for the reduction.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pasofever said:

Have her measured properly, the problem may be with the size she's wearing. Maybe take her to Nordstrom or speak to another VS saleswoman.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
elaine said:
Then the bra is the wrong size. She needs a larger cup. You can't just say you wear a size and expect to fit in it because you want to. Denial. Also, tell her to start complaining about back problems, if she isn't already, and your insurance company will pay for the reduction.

She thought she was a D the lady at VS this week said she was a DD...she is not having any back problems..No insurance right now but that might change soon...the larger cups then interfere with her arms..

Sadysue

Pasofever said:

I wore that size for a long time and it IS hard to find. I would suggest ordering some out of catalogs. Try Lanye Bryant and other popular clothing catalogs. Try Fredicks of Hollywood. Click Bras, click advanced search, and search by size. I had like 25 or more come up.

You are probably going to HAVE TO order online or out of catalogs to find that size.

Good luck!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Sadysue said:
I wore that size for a long time and it IS hard to find. I would suggest ordering some out of catalogs. Try Lanye Bryant and other popular clothing catalogs. Try Fredicks of Hollywood. Click Bras, click advanced search, and search by size. I had like 25 or more come up.

You are probably going to HAVE TO order online or out of catalogs to find that size.

Good luck!

But if she has seen 4-5 sales people and tried on 25 or so bras...how many would be buy and have to send back???

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pasofever said:
But if she has seen 4-5 sales people and tried on 25 or so bras...how many would be buy and have to send back???

Also check the Hanes stores. :yay: There's one at Arundal Mills mall.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pasofever said:
She thought she was a D the lady at VS this week said she was a DD...she is not having any back problems..No insurance right now but that might change soon...the larger cups then interfere with her arms..

that's not the bra cups interfering with her arms, that's her boobs.

Sadysue

Pasofever said:

Are you saying she tried on 25 size 34 DD bras?

Use the measuring guide in the catalog and only try one or two. And try some that are a little stretchy. Just trying to help.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
elaine said:
that's not the bra cups interfering with her arms, that's her boobs.

She says the wires poke her under the arm on the larger cups..she is not wide enough across the front for the two cups does that make since?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pasofever said:
She says the wires poke her under the arm on the larger cups..she is not wide enough across the front for the two cups does that make since?

If she's thin, that makes perfect sense. She's just gonna' have to search long and hard to find a bra that works for her. Maybe she should try to look for something without a wire. I recommend you take her into the Hanes store at Arundal Mills.

J

jaybeeztoo

Pasofever said:

One suggestion, if she wants a "lift", tell her to wear a tight, form fitting tank top over her bra. That gives her the extra support she's probably looking for. I wear a spandex one under everything to really help wrangle those puppies :lmao:

I still just find it unbelievable that VS wouldn't help her.

This reminds me of a Sex and the City episode when Miranda is looking for a new black bra to wear at her mother's funeral. She insisted she was a 34A, but the sales lady measured her and told her she was really a 32B. Maybe your DQ just needs to be remeasured.

Also, I know I've seen on tv about custom made bras. It's out there somewhere Paso, I just don't know what direction to point you in.

Last edited by a moderator: