Dating a coworker

jazz lady said:
:lmao: Thanks for posting what I was thinking. :high5:

I personally wouldn't date a coworker. It could lead to some highly awkward situations, especially if you got caught under his desk. :shrug:
:faint:

Toxick

Splat
bresamil said:
I think it would end up icky. Not because of the behavior of either party as much as everyone else in the company "monitoring" the relationship.

Well, I kept mine on the down-low, so there was no monitoring (that I know of). But seeing the same person 24-7 gets to be tiresome even if you like them - and then after the break-up, it got pretty awkward. We managed to stay professional, and there was no stalking or outbursts in the workplace or ugly scenes, but ... tension.

And plus it was not an envirnment where nooners were possible. So even that benefit was unavailable to me.

bresamil said:
Therefore, as much as I appreciate my company's recent change of policy to actually allow attractive men to work for them, I believe I will decline anything other than friendship from the workplace.

They finally hired a hottie, eh?

Pandora

kwillia said:

:lmao: A very good friend of mine dated a guy who was in his early 20's when she was hitting 50. She was very happy and it lasted a few years, until she caught him in bed banging another chic. I thought she’d never pick herself up from that, but she did.

Bre,

Just go out and be friends, if it happens, it happens; if it doesn't, there are way more fish in the sea.

You have a pretty well established life, and hopefully, he will too.

SamSpade

I only ever did it once - well, twice, kinda. It was the most miserable time of my life. She called it off for no apparent reason - until a few months later when I realize she only ever went out with me to make some other guy notice her. Initially I thought it'd be a good idea, since her office was half a mile from mine. But the division moved her - to within TEN FEET of me. I had to deal with all kinds of games and b*llsh!t for years. EVERY person who knew me, knew some private little detail about me, because she "shared" all our private moments with everyone.

I don't think she was ever honest with me again. It took me a long time however, to realize she was lying to me with about every other word.

I tried it again - sadly - about ten years after that. Didn't work out, but then there were no hard feelings. I just took it a LOT slower the second time. We were very good friends by the time we went out the first time.

Now, even if I were single, it wouldn't be worth it. I'm just too damned old.

daydreamer

Chasey_Lane said:
That's not what I'm saying. Take for example the "control freak." This person will call you 50 times a day, drive by your house when you don't answer, and question every person that you glance at.

The "abuser" will manipulate you and your choices of friends. They will make you feel guilty about going out w/out them. If you don't answer the phone, they get angry, then apologize.

Then again, you can be in a perfectly good relationship, and one day the individual gets fed up and all hell breaks loose. :lol:
This has Chasey's name all over it. :whistle: :lmao:

Pete

Repete
I would have to say with the dire shortage of decent people out there I would if it seemed "for real", I wouldn't get into something with a co worker for just for the hell of it. If they turn nutso and combative if it doesn't work just don't fight with them, let them look like the gomer, people will figure it out.