Dating site without pictures?

SG_Player1974

Let me clarify the point I was trying to make:

Physical attraction/looks = THE most important thing in FINDING a mate

Character/Sense of Humor/Sensitivity/etc. = The things that keep the relationship together.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'll just say this to those who think looks don't matter.

Quasimodo was a great guy but he didn't get a prom date. :coffee:

A, you don't know if he was a great guy or not and B, if you recall the story, he got a date.

That she didn't want to be there is besides the point...

acommondisaster

Good looking and attractive are two completely different things.

Plenty of things make a person attractive (power, personality, intelligence, money)

and plenty of things can make a beautiful person unattractive.

Obviously, not many people could date someone they found revolting, but the things that make someone attractive can make up for looks. I don't know that the converse is true. At least not for me - I can't suffer fools or mean people no matter how pretty they are.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
Anyone that does not admit that physical attraction is THE most important thing is simply lying to themselves.

Physical attraction is the eye and attention getter. Physical attraction between the two people makes getting closer/intimate more desireable, but in the long run - looks are just looks. That muscular stud/busty broad that attracted to you to them may be the most self-centered, mindless loon you've ever met and make your life miserable.

So, it could be said that the most important characteristic changes over time. AT FIRST, it may be physical, but this will change to the non-physical. . .

. . .unless you're not really interested in a committed relationship. Then, I suppose, yes, physical attraction will remain paramount over all the other characteristics.

pelers

I met my husband gaming online back in .... 2001? He was across the country from me. We didn't date online, but we decided to meet in 2003. I flew cross country, we hit it off and I decided to move. Some photos had been exchanged and I have to say, he wasn't physically the type of guy I usually dated. Maybe that's why we've been happily married for over 7 years now and the guys who were "my type" rarely made it a year?

I put a horrible picture of myself up on the dating website I was on. It was actually very successful. :lol:
My 18 year old won't even consider dating a guy unless he's seen her sans make-up and dressed down. Her philosophy is to cut to the chase and let him know right off the bat, this is what you get most days so don't expect pampered princess when in reality you are getting cut-off mountain dew pajama pant shorts too. :lol: