De Sean Jackson...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...the dude that hit him should be suspended for the season.

I mean, he had time and opportunity to lay wood on the guy but, the intentional, emphasized helmet lead to De Seans helmet was borderline criminal. That is a career ender and, potentially, fatal shot.

I am absolutely serious. They are all bigger, stronger, faster, better conditioned but, the the tissue that makes up brains and organs ain't something that can be made stronger or more able to absorb that sort of sudden, incredible shock.

Worst shot I ever took sent me flying and gave me the worst concussion of my concussion filled life. Total blindside shot. And I was hit clean, shoulder to chest, obliterated.

Are they honestly going to wait until someone dies on national TV?

Sorry. Not dies. Gets killed. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ouch. What are both their status now?

As of now, De Sean is out next week and I bet it's longer. The other guy, how does he get clearance for next week in this day and age? He was, one, two, three, OUT. Call him gtg in two weeks.

:shrug:

R

retiredweaxman

...the dude that hit him should be suspended for the season.

I mean, he had time and opportunity to lay wood on the guy but, the intentional, emphasized helmet lead to De Seans helmet was borderline criminal. That is a career ender and, potentially, fatal shot.

I am absolutely serious. They are all bigger, stronger, faster, better conditioned but, the the tissue that makes up brains and organs ain't something that can be made stronger or more able to absorb that sort of sudden, incredible shock.

Worst shot I ever took sent me flying and gave me the worst concussion of my concussion filled life. Total blindside shot. And I was hit clean, shoulder to chest, obliterated.

Are they honestly going to wait until someone dies on national TV?

Sorry. Not dies. Gets killed. :shrug:

Larry, I agree and disagree. It seemed to be a "fairly" clean shot. Yes, the helmet did hit the face mask, but the brunt of the blow came from his shoulder pad into the chest.

Now, compare that hit to the 2 hits that Harrison placed on Cribbs and Massaquoi. If any of them were criminal, the 2 by Harrison were worse in my opinion. He launched himself directly at their heads...then came out today and says he actually wants to hurt someone.

How about the hit on the defenseless Heap?? That was worse as well...

My recommendation is simple. No suspension as they are talking about now. No piddly "butt" fine...if, for example, D Jackson misses 3 games, then fine D Robinson 3 of D Jackson's game checks. Yes, now we are talking millions of dollars!!!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That was a sick hit and I'm sure that a suspension will follow. Yesterday seemed like a really bad day for head injuries.

Victims:
Cooley - I never saw the hit but Captain Chaos was doing a lot of blocking last night. Davis (86) said in the post game that he thinks CC played several series after he took the hit. Doc Walker said he looked "out of it" and "not right" on the sidelines last night.

Jackson - Huge fine and suspension coming down on this, hopefully the kid can heal up and not suffer from some long term damage. (See Al Toon, and Merrill Hoge)

Addai - Totally clean hit by Fletch.

Cribbs - Never saw it, but heard it was nasty too.

Heap (although he returned to play) - #31 Merriwether S for the Pats had no less than 3 shots to the head. 2 to Heap and 1 to Mason. Belichek pulled him for a few plays after the second shot to Heap. A REAL coach would have sent his ass to the shower.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Interesting commentary from - whoever the commentator is. "I don't know how to take this out of the game of football..."

Obviously "making rules" and "talking to the players" isn't working. Want me to tell you how to get those effers from trying to permanently injure each other?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry, I agree and disagree. It seemed to be a "fairly" clean shot. Yes, the helmet did hit the face mask, but the brunt of the blow came from his shoulder pad into the chest.

Now, compare that hit to the 2 hits that Harrison placed on Cribbs and Massaquoi. If any of them were criminal, the 2 by Harrison were worse in my opinion. He launched himself directly at their heads...then came out today and says he actually wants to hurt someone.

How about the hit on the defenseless Heap?? That was worse as well...

My recommendation is simple. No suspension as they are talking about now. No piddly "butt" fine...if, for example, D Jackson misses 3 games, then fine D Robinson 3 of D Jackson's game checks. Yes, now we are talking millions of dollars!!!

Gotta disagree. He clearly, deliberately, aggressively lead with his helmet, not his shoulder, and hit Jackson in the chin, not the chest. Or waist.

I don't care where you start playing football, you are taught to see what you tackle. The spine lines up properly and is supported by everything around it, especially your musculature, with an aggresive, eyes first predator style attack. When you duck and lead like that, the spine is out of line and much of the energy of the impact gets directed onto the curve your spine makes at the base of your neck from that postion. This is what it does to the attacker. The hittee is helpless.

Watch part II as well if you like.

:buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Criminal charges?

Well, consequences anyway. You can't fine bazillionaires because a few thou means nothing to them. They need to be suspended for the first infraction, cut loose for the second.

But I think neither the NFL nor their fans are serious about preventing that sort of thing because it's "part of the game". Most of the players are criminals anyway, and the league and fans just welcome them back with open arms. Kind of like how Hollywood does with its criminals.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Interesting commentary from - whoever the commentator is. "I don't know how to take this out of the game of football..."

Obviously "making rules" and "talking to the players" isn't working. Want me to tell you how to get those effers from trying to permanently injure each other?

Suspend 'em for a year. For players who have, on average, 4 years, to make their bank for playing a brutal game since they were kids, that is a HUGE deterrent, one strong enough to over come anything team driven, even coaches who might be...lenient...when it comes to improper, and that is what it is, improper play.

kom526

Well, consequences anyway. You can't fine bazillionaires because a few thou means nothing to them.

:dingding:

Rodney Harrison said on SNF that he put aside $50,000 for fines that he was "going to incur" during the course of a season, because he had to "maintain his reputation as a big hitter".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well, consequences anyway. You can't fine bazillionaires because a few thou means nothing to them. They need to be suspended for the first infraction, cut loose for the second.

But I think neither the NFL nor their fans are serious about preventing that sort of thing because it's "part of the game". Most of the players are criminals anyway, and the league and fans just welcome them back with open arms. Kind of like how Hollywood does with its criminals.

Be that as it may, one of these hits WILL kill an NFL player on national TV and all of a sudden, the fans WILL care and it WILL cost the league when editorials and water cooler talk and public opinion are saying, basically, what you are saying.

An ounce of prevention is worth how much cure?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Gotta disagree. He clearly, deliberately, aggressively lead with his helmet, not his shoulder, and hit Jackson in the chin, not the chest. Or waist.

I don't care where you start playing football, you are taught to see what you tackle. The spine lines up properly and is supported by everything around it, especially your musculature, with an aggresive, eyes first predator style attack. When you duck and lead like that, the spine is out of line and much of the energy of the impact gets directed onto the curve your spine makes at the base of your neck from that postion. This is what it does to the attacker. The hittee is helpless.

Watch part II as well if you like.

Some nasty hits in that video.
D. Robinson is lucky he didn't break his own neck.

Last edited:

kom526

Good, proper form tackles don't make the highlight reels and subsequent trips to the pro bowl which triggers contract incentives.

See: London Fletcher

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Be that as it may, one of these hits WILL kill an NFL player on national TV and all of a sudden, the fans WILL care and it WILL cost the league when editorials and water cooler talk and public opinion are saying, basically, what you are saying.

But then what? Will fans stop watching football and attending games? Buying team merchandise? Actually make a financial protest that the powers that be will care about?

I doubt it. We can talk about love of the game all we want, but to the decision makers it's all about the $$$.

So either fans make a financial stand or they say eff it, let them kill each other.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good, proper form tackles don't make the highlight reels and subsequent trips to the pro bowl which triggers contract incentives.

See: London Fletcher

I disagree.

London hasn't made it because he's not a dominant, absolute top shelf LB. He's merely really, really good. Mike Singletary did it right and was perennial.

Many of the all time great players and their greatest plays, were clean.

Ronnie Lott
Jack Lambert
Sam Huff
Bednarick on Gifford
Butkus

On and on

You simply CAN'T lead with your head for long and play the game.

T

toppick08

Agreed. Most of these guys learned how to hit properly as youngsters, so it's not like they don't know how to do it any other way.

:yay:

Now that Seau is another criminal...maybe Mike will get in the HOF...:biggrin: