Deadbeat Dad Owed $139,000

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I have a deadbeat Mom that owes me over $30,000. Does one just go to the Courthouse and file with CSEA to get them put on this program?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Does one just go to the Courthouse and file with CSEA to get them put on this program?
I think the point of the story was you should offer to send her on a nice foreign vacation. Just make sure she knows it may be her last for a while. :yay:

I have a deadbeat Mom that owes me over $30,000. Does one just go to the Courthouse and file with CSEA to get them put on this program?

$30K??? :faint: I would contact someone! I think the Department of Social Services handles this, but here is a link Maryland Child Support Enforcement Program: Local Offices - [MDHR] for all the agencies...

I remember when my wife got child support, whenever there was a problem they were very difficult to work with - it seemed like they were loaded with morons, but this was years ago also...

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
$30K??? :faint: I would contact someone! I think the Department of Social Services handles this, but here is a link Maryland Child Support Enforcement Program: Local Offices - [MDHR] for all the agencies...
:yeahthat:

I remember when my wife got child support, whenever there was a problem they were very difficult to work with - it seemed like they were loaded with morons, but this was years ago also...
I used to work at social services in the desk right next to the CSE agents. Back then they only hired ex-cops. They were tough guys (and gals). Now, they look more for the social worker type of person.

Their main job was getting money for the kids, and they did tend to get frustrated with non-paying parents.

Those of us in the other social service departments went to child support court one day to get a better sense of their jobs. They would stand up and state how much someone owed, the deadbeat parent would stand up and whine about how he didn't have a job or had other children to support and the Master (like a judge, but not quite) would reduce the payments and beg them to give a token payment in good faith and then let them go. It was frustrating for the agents and appalling to us spectators.

The only case the day I went, where the deadbeat parent didn't get off with a sob story started out like all the others. It was near the end of the session and the deadbeat dad was just counting on getting off. He started in about his two sets of kids, one in St. M's and the other in another county. Poor baby couldn't afford the payments to both mothers as well as support his current wife and stepson... he just didn't make enough money.:bawl: Master starts to say he'd cut the payments but part of the routine was asking for any objections....this time, CSE objected. Apparently the ex's friend did a drive by photo shoot of the man's house...got some lovely pictures of the new deck being professionally installed, the brand-new full size pick-up truck with temporary tags, the brand-new 30 foot boat next to the older but still in good shape 20+ -footer... Dude claimed the truck was for his 16-yo stepson (can't let the boy be without a ride) and the boats were used in his profession as a waterman, which was his only means of meager support. Master asked if he was capable of taking both boats out at the same time, (of course not :rolleyes:) then he ordered the man to sell a boat and give 100% of the proceeds to the mother of his children. THEN the Master said he was going to send a transcript of the proceedings to the CSE office in the other Maryland county where he owed child support.

JPC sr

James P. Cusick Sr.
Deadbeat child support resister.

Deadbeat Dad Arrested on Return to U.S. for $139,000 in Outstanding Child Support - Southern Maryland Headline News

:faint:

He obviously had the money since he paid up when caught.

Wonder what the "new bride" thought when he was detained. :eyebrow:
:coffee: From what little info is given in that report, then I would say the man had nothing to pay and while being held captive his wife paid the 30-G in ransom money.

It is like adult kid-napping by the law and the wife was robbed by paying the ransom loot.

One thing about child support is that it proves that stealing some times scores.

It is also doubtful that the money will actually go to the child because first the gov must take its share for collection fee and then the custodial gets to party on the loot because the child has not needed the money up till now.

:pete:

Ladybug76

Deadbeat Dad Arrested on Return to U.S. for $139,000 in Outstanding Child Support - Southern Maryland Headline News

:faint:

He obviously had the money since he paid up when caught.

Wonder what the "new bride" thought when he was detained. :eyebrow:

I will never understand parents who don't pay their child support. I'm the one who writes the check every month for my step-son. I can't say it isn't painful to write that hefty check-however I would have never married my husband if he wasn't taking care of his son. We have our own bills and children, but it has never been an option not to pay. I think it says a lot about the character of a person who doesn't take care of his or her children.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
:coffee: From what little info is given in that report, then I would say the man had nothing to pay and while being held captive his wife paid the 30-G in ransom money.

It is like adult kid-napping by the law and the wife was robbed by paying the ransom loot.

One thing about child support is that it proves that stealing some times scores.

It is also doubtful that the money will actually go to the child because first the gov must take its share for collection fee and then the custodial gets to party on the loot because the child has not needed the money up till now.

You do know he has since paid the remaining $109,000 he was in arrears? The full $139,000 has now been paid.

R

RadioPatrol

well I have not had to deal with the in a couple yrs either ( PGOCSE ) but there were some real winners - ID10T's - and a couple really competent people I got to look into problems I had.

I don't know how CWO's ex wife got 30K behind, seems if I got 2 months behind i was getting pay up or we will take you DL away - now how the hell am i supposed to get to work with no License ? :jameo

JPC sr

James P. Cusick Sr.
Deadbeat child support resister.

You do know he has since paid the remaining $109,000 he was in arrears? The full $139,000 has now been paid.
:whistle: The given link does not say that,

and you give no link,

so NO - I do not know what you are claiming to be accurate at all. :bigwhoop:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

Party on the loot? :lmao:

You forgot the part of your mantra...

All the children are taken care of...all their needs are met... :blahblah:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
:whistle: The given link does not say that,

and you give no link,

so NO - I do not know what you are claiming to be accurate at all. :bigwhoop:

JPC, evidently you didn't read far enough! The given link does indeed say so. Go back and read it again and look for this paragraph shown below:

"After Hoffman's arrest, he immediately paid $30,000 of his arrearage. He was then extradited to St. Mary’s County, where a judge ordered him to three years in prison, with the term suspended contingent on his paying his full arrears by Feb. 1. The payment of $109,000 was made on January 24. "

Let me know after you've read it again and found that paragraph. :tap:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
From what little info is given in that report, then I would say the man had nothing to pay
You would say that even if it were a 1,000 page detailed account. You believe that for every non-custodial in all cases. Or have you forgotten your own rantings?

JPC sr said:
while being held captive his wife paid the 30-G in ransom money.
Why would create your own facts when the story clearly states, "After Hoffman's arrest, he immediately paid $30,000 of his arrearage"? He paid. And he paid it immediately, at that, indicating that he easily afforded it - he had simply chosen to not pay all that time.

You will probably now conveniently forget another of your favorite lies - that you think all parents ought to take care of their children. No doubt you think this guy is a hero for moving from "state to state consequently, evading his responsibilities" for 3.5+ years.

JPC sr said:
the custodial gets to party on the loot because the child has not needed the money up till now.
Can you provide a link to your source for this information? Something where the mother said she's going to enjoy lavish parties and spending sprees? (I won't wait...)

The given link does not say that, and you give no link, so NO - I do not know what you are claiming to be accurate at all.
I thought you understood plain English... ? :confused: Or are you trying to deny facts that everyone can read for themselves?
article said:
... a judge ordered him to three years in prison, with the term suspended contingent on his paying his full arrears by Feb. 1. The payment of $109,000 was made on January 24.