Dealing with Anxiety

KWAK

Not since I realized life is short and there is no reason I should spend it trying to please other people or worry about what they think.

When you're in the heat of the moment - you don't always think "Wow - life is too short for this!" For me, if you told me 2 years ago that I'd be happy being alone or even back at the dating scene I would never have believed you! It's so much different once the smoke dies down. . .

T

toppick08

You had them frequently? and you were strong and they just went away?

No. It took me two years to recover, and deal with them......It's a long road, but you GOT to stay positive......Meds., counseling, and getting back into life, prayer(for me), all goes together to see the good in life and people.

:buddies:

rack'm

Jaded
No. It took me two years to recover, and deal with them......It's a long road, but you GOT to stay positive......Meds., counseling, and getting back into life, prayer(for me), all goes together to see the good in life and people.

:buddies:

They must have been some good drugs. :coffee:

kelb

art imitating life
When you're in the heat of the moment - you don't always think "Wow - life is too short for this!" For me, if you told me 2 years ago that I'd be happy being alone or even back at the dating scene I would never have believed you! It's so much different once the smoke dies down. . .

Im looking forward to that

GreenHornet

From personal experience, a good psychologist won't recommend medication.

I've visited my fair share of Psychologists over the years and many of them have been very good. A good Psychologist will recommend a psychiatric referral for meds if the patient isn't responding to talk therapy or other techniques. A good psychologist will understand that there are physiological reasons why certain people suffer from anxiety/depression as well as other disorders. For some of us our issues weren't caused by life events, but by things outside our control, our emotional make up.

I struggled for years before I sought help in the form of medication. Medication has a place and is sometimes the only tool that works. A good psychologist will exhaust all avenues prior to encouraging psychotropic therapy. To say that a psychologist who eventually recommends treatment in the form of a pill is a bad psychologist is ridiculous. Their goal is to help people.

Gh