Dealing with Anxiety

kelb

art imitating life
For my karma giver - thank you but I am not looking for a psychologist. I was on anxiety meds for slight anxiety attacks after discovering that my husband was sleeping around; however, I am now over that - happier than ever - even starting to date again.

LOL i have bad Karma givers too. who cares lol I obviously have bigger problems then that LOL

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Anxiety is a tough trick to defeat. The only way around it is through it, in my experience. Work with a professional; they're really the ones qualified to provide direction. Through him/her and with internet searches for online support groups, you may be able to attain a "practice", so to speak, to get through an attack and eventually lessen their impact on you.

Last edited:

KWAK

i didn't give her bad karma - green. just sent her the name of the therapist that helped me out when going through a divorce

Not that it matters - but it was red! LOL I really don't care - just letting whomever know that I was trying to help and not be helped! I got another one after that - green - telling me think positive and change my siggy! :lmao:

kelb

art imitating life
Not that it matters - but it was red! LOL I really don't care - just letting whomever know that I was trying to help and not be helped! I got another one after that - green - telling me think positive and change my siggy! :lmao:

red karma givers are pathetic :) like i said.. people with anxiety have more issues then losers that hide behind red karma. HEHE :)
Dont worry about them :)

signora

Seeing a Psychologist is sometimes the best route to go, but a majority of the time, they do recommend taking some type of anxiety pill to help. Not that taking meds is bad because w/some people I do think it's important where they should take it. But for others, I think they become too dependant on medication instead of trying to help themselves overcome anxiety. I think exercise helps a lot especially yoga because it teaches you breathing methods, which help you to relax.

Last edited:

tommyjones

Seeing a Psychologist is sometimes the best route to go, but a majority of the time, they do recommend taking some type of anxiety pill to help. Not that taking meds is bad because w/some people I do think it's important where they should take it. But for others, I think they become too dependant on medication instead of trying to help themselves overcome anxiety. I think exercise helps a lot especially yoga because it teaches you breathing methods, which help you to relax.

psycologists do not have the ability to perscribe drugs

kelb

art imitating life
psycologists do not have the ability to perscribe drugs

My Primary care doc gave me my prescription but I dont take it and Dont want to. I would really like to fix me rather then just put a bandaid on it. I do admit.. when I have an anxiety attack I take the med.. who the heck wants to go thru that :) But I dont have them alot so I dont really take it.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
My Primary care doc gave me my prescription but I dont take it and Dont want to. I would really like to fix me rather then just put a bandaid on it. I do admit.. when I have an anxiety attack I take the med.. who the heck wants to go thru that :) But I dont have them alot so I dont really take it.

IMHO-not talking a prescribed med on a daily basis is not the way to go-until you are able to identify the cause(s) of your anxiety attacks, meds can definitely help you through those times.
Anxiety attacks can be very unnerving for those around you too.:ohwell:

There are many medical conditions, which can mimic or cause anxiety attacks, not to mention medications and substances, which can induce anxiety.

T

toppick08

Look folks, anxiety is just part of being alive and human. Drugs can help, and take the edge off, but the real solution is to deal with it. Learn what's really important in life, and quit trying to change things we can't.........Learn you can only control the things between your ears, and you can't worry about other folk's thoughts, or actions......Trust in God.........listen to your heart.

Lilypad

I believe you should stick w/your meds-after all a doctor did prescribe them I'd think the doc would know what's better for you then us :blushing:(believe it or not)...jmho.

kelb

art imitating life
Look folks, anxiety is just part of being alive and human. Drugs can help, and take the edge off, but the real solution is to deal with it. Learn what's really important in life, and quit trying to change things we can't.........Learn you can only control the things between your ears, and you can't worry about other folk's thoughts, or actions......Trust in God.........listen to your heart.

You have not had frequent panic attacks have you?

T

toppick08

You have not had frequent panic attacks have you?

Yes I have.....Been there, done that........you have to deal with your fears, worries, and learn to let go of things.........It's not as bad as you might think it is..........:huggy:

Be strong....:howdy:

kelb

art imitating life
Yes I have.....Been there, done that........you have to deal with your fears, worries, and learn to let go of things.........It's not as bad as you might think it is..........:huggy:

Be strong....:howdy:

You had them frequently? and you were strong and they just went away?