Dear Hijinx:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Hijinx

It's a serious question that is impossible to answer.
No: I don't believe this child should have been aborted any more than I believe any child who has suffered under a parent who is mentally ill should be aborted.
This is a horrendous story, but this child isn't the first child killed by parents.
We really do not know how the child died. The acid adds a macabre and horrifying essence to the story, but is is doubtful they drowned her in this acid. It is more likely she died some other way and the acid was to destroy the body.
We don't know which parent was responsible for the death and IMO it doesn't matter they are both guilty of trying to dispose of the body in a horrible manner.In most cases they would have simply found a good hiding place and buried it.
If I had my options I would hang the both of them.

But the acid adds a glaring point of interest to this case, but it is really not much different than tossing a body off a bridge or disposing of it in any manner in an effort to avoid imprisonment.
But to answer your question bad parents do not make it a good decision to kill a human being in the womb, or just out of the womb.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would rather see a child aborted than tortured to death. I won't change my mind on that.

This_person

I would rather see a child aborted than tortured to death. I won't change my mind on that.
A. I have to strongly agree with Sam - abortion IS a child being tortured to death.
B. A very minute percentage of kids are tortured to death by their parents, even tortured NOT to death.
C. It is not a binary choice of being tortured to death later in life or tortured to death in the womb (or, outside the womb if Democrats continue to have their way like in NY and VA).
D. A far larger portion of kids who might have been aborted go on to live great and productive lives, while some live unpleasant lives. The fact that they are not killing themselves in mass suicides proves THEY would rather live the cards they've been dealt than be dead. That tells me the stance of "they're better off aborted" is patently not true in THEIR opinion.

Hijinx

When a child is born there is no way to tell how the parent will treat the child.
In this case the mother was previously charged with injury to a child.So maybe we did have a hint, but perhaps all of her children should have been in protective custody,perhaps a failure of child services.Maybe if a person is charged with injury to a child someone should check once in a while to see to see that it isn't continuing.
She claims the child died in the bathtub.
But we really do not know
Here again we have an illegal involved.

I would rather see a child taken from a parent and put up for adoption than aborted.
This could get long a tiresome if we argued all the specific points.
I liked the old way of adoption where once the adoption was made there was no turning back, the adoptive parents were the parents,not today.s litigatious atmosphere where the mother can change her mind and want the child back.

No one wants to see a child tortured,but there are people who do not understand that in the 9th. month of pregnancy, that child is a human being.Treating it like a thing that can be killed at the whim of a mother and her Butcher is murder.
I hate abortion, but damn it if the mother wants one she should make up her mind in the first trimester.
Carrying that baby to term before she makes up her mind or to aid the Butchers in selling parts, is ----------well I can't think of a word bad enough for it.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I hate abortion, but damn it if the mother wants one she should make up her mind in the first trimester.
Carrying that baby to term before she makes up her mind or to aid the Butchers in selling parts, is ----------well I can't think of a word bad enough for it.

In this age of prenatal testing, I can't imagine it happens much. But, if horrific deformities, etc, are not seen until birth, parent and doctor should at that point be allowed to make medical decisions, similar to making a decision to remove an accident victim from life support.

I don't believe those types of decisions need to be governed, they need to be handled by doctor and whatever adult is competent of making such a decision. And I pray that those are the kind of 9th month "abortions" they speak of.

Hijinx

My post had nothing to do with pre-natal deformities.
I agree with you that in the case of pre-natal deformities it should be up to the Doctor and the mother .
But the law they passed is so ambiguous that it includes killing viable children.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not sure I wouldn't call being sliced apart piece by piece is NOT torture.

But do we agree that a fetus is less aware than a toddler? And it's a few minutes of torture vs. 2 or 3 years, or however long it takes them to kill the child?

I always wonder why these people don't just get abortions in the first place, rather than having a kid they're going to abuse and neglect.

I would rather see a child taken from a parent and put up for adoption than aborted.

Me too.

I completely agree.

SamSpade

But do we agree that a fetus is less aware than a toddler? And it's a few minutes of torture vs. 2 or 3 years, or however long it takes them to kill the child?

The fetus can definitely feel pain. Which would YOU prefer, a few minutes of being cut to pieces, or a few years of intermittent abuse?

I've had members of my own family who weren't great parents - but they actually weren't bad when the children were small,
and their needs didn't go much further than feeding, changing, holding and playing. Some of those kids are still messed up -
and a few are really great kids (I guess - because they LIVED?).

I just don't know that a child that isn't aborted means they will live a hellish childhood. I've certainly seen people who WANTED
children but just still suck at being a good parent. I know of at least two kids whom the father wanted aborted - but changed their
minds -

I just don't see this line of reasoning for aborting children, ESPECIALLY late in pregnancy, which is just simply barbaric.
And I am not God - I can't foresee what may happen. A child that was "wanted" but neglected - a child that was "wanted'
but Mom shows gross favoritism to another child. How far do we go with this? I've seen all of it.

This_person

Who "they", aborted fetuses?
The kids born into the same conditions as the ones who are not born (aborted). The non-aborted kids don't seem to think their life is so incredibly terrible that they are committing mass suicide - they're living their lives, some ok and some not so ok.

But, if the life was not worth living, if they would have rather been aborted, they surely would be committing suicide (post-birth, self-selected abortion, we could call it). They're not. It must be better being alive, per their actions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The kids born into the same conditions as the ones who are not born (aborted). The non-aborted kids don't seem to think their life is so incredibly terrible that they are committing mass suicide - they're living their lives, some ok and some not so ok.

They call them at-risk youths for a reason. Kids born into abuse are highly likely to become abusers themselves, and they are also likely to become inmates at the local prison. They are likely to abuse drugs, and they are likely to have their own children to abuse and neglect. The probability is so high it's almost a certainty.

Hijinx

They call them at-risk youths for a reason. Kids born into abuse are highly likely to become abusers themselves, and they are also likely to become inmates at the local prison. They are likely to abuse drugs, and they are likely to have their own children to abuse and neglect. The probability is so high it's almost a certainty.

So pronounce them guilty in the womb and execute them.

That just seems a bit harsh to me. Sounds like something Margaret Singer would come up with.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So pronounce them guilty in the womb and execute them.

That just seems a bit harsh to me. Sounds like something Margaret Singer would come up with.

Oh stop with the virtue-signaling. :rolleyes: And it's "Sanger" anyway.