Decent care at St Mary's ER last night.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Started feeling lousy Thursday night, got a bit worse Friday, and horrible yesterday. Called off work and napped a lot.

Finally temp was up to 103F.

Wanted to get COVID tested, but the only place in the county is Saint Mary's/Medstar.

Left home at 8:55 PM, Anita was driving, and arrived at the ER about 9:20 PM. Signed in right away, triage was 1/2 hour later.

What is going on IS NOT COVID.

Workup over the next several hours was quite comprehensive, COVID swab, a lot of blood work, chest x-ray, chest CT, EKG...

No bacterial infection, lung, heart and pulmonary blood vessels looked good (one blood test result showed a possibility of blood clots in the lungs). No signs of pneumonia related to COVID.

Treated with anti-fever meds and IV fluids. Fever broke and all cloth around me was soaked.

Verdict, indeterminate lower GI virus.

Back home about 7:30 AM.

I did call off work again today. My manager put me in for sick days.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Started feeling lousy Thursday night, got a bit worse Friday, and horrible yesterday. Called off work and napped a lot.

Wanted to get COVID tested, but the only place in the county is Saint Mary's/Medstar.

Left home at 8:55 PM, Anita was driving, and arrived at the ER about 9:20 PM. Signed in right away, triage was 1/2 hour later.

Workup over the next several hours was quite comprehensive, COVID swab, a lot of blood work, chest x-ray, chest CT, EKG...

No bacterial infection, lung, heart and pulmonary blood vessels looked good (one blood test result showed a possibility of blood clots in the lungs). No signs of pneumonia related to COVID.

Treated with anti-fever meds and IV fluids. Fever broke and all cloth around me was soaked.

Hope you feel better soon - keep us posted on your progress.

People gripe at SMH but I've always had a good experience with them.

mitzi

Glad it's not Covid. Feel better soon.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Glad you are better. The same thing just went through my bro-in-law, sister and my 88 yo mom that lives with them. Last week. Must be going around.
I've heard of a few people who "got something", too. One of the main disadvantages of wearing those masks and quarantining so much last year, I think, is that people are catching these bugs this year that are REALLY knocking them on their butts.

Glad you're feeling better, spr1975!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've heard of a few people who "got something", too.
I went into Lowes for my 4 to 8 PM shift, did not get the break I am supposed to under my ADA accommodation (usually at 6:15) due to (surprise, surprise) short staffing.

By 6:45 my knees were beginning to buckle. The Head Cashiers saw something was wrong and got me to the chair in the front manager's office.
The senior HC called for an ASM and insisted I be let go to home.
She got my stuff out of my locker, called the Mrs. and our next door neighbor (a fellow Norwich Alum) came and picked me up.
They had me stay on the clock until he was there to get me. I only lost 20 minutes.

While we were driving back to my house, he said his boss had a similar crud.

After a couple hours rest, upstairs watching Miss Phoenix in full blown crazy kitten mode, felt good enough to eat scrambled eggs and apple juice to drink.

Goes to show I do not bounce back as quick I think I can. :rolleyes:

Am definitely feeling better than when I left the store.
Time for beddy bye.

Louise

I went into Lowes for my 4 to 8 PM shift, did not get the break I am supposed to under my ADA accommodation (usually at 6:15) due to (surprise, surprise) short staffing.

By 6:45 my knees were beginning to buckle. The Head Cashiers saw something was wrong and got me to the chair in the front manager's office.
The senior HC called for an ASM and insisted I be let go to home.
She got my stuff out of my locker, called the Mrs. and our next door neighbor (a fellow Norwich Alum) came and picked me up.
They had me stay on the clock until he was there to get me. I only lost 20 minutes.

While we were driving back to my house, he said his boss had a similar crud.

After a couple hours rest, upstairs watching Miss Phoenix in full blown crazy kitten mode, felt good enough to eat scrambled eggs and apple juice to drink.

Goes to show I do not bounce back as quick I think I can. :rolleyes:

Am definitely feeling better than when I left the store.
Time for beddy bye.

You are a trooper. Why did you go back so soon? Get some rest. And let Miss Phoenix take care of you for a change.😽