Decorating ideas for my kitchen?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I know, I just also think about re-sale if we ever sell the house.

I guess I should change that to *when* we sell the house. :lol:

True but it's pretty trendy and appeals to a lot of people so I don't think that it would be that big of a deal.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
If you're looking for inspiration, why not browse through the kitchens on HGTV's Rate My Space (I think it's www.hgtv.com/ratemyspace). I browse through there for ideas/inspiration all the time when I want to make a change. :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Thank you! I'll check it out!

:yay: Word to the wise, though. From experience, do NOT say to the hubby/boyfriend more than 1 time a year, "But honey, I saw this amazing (whatever) on HGTV! And they did it in 2 days. Why is it taking us a month ..." My hubby HATES the H-acronym with a passion, as does his buddy, who's wife and I are both serious HGTV junkies! :biggrin:

Cowgirl

:yay: Word to the wise, though. From experience, do NOT say to the hubby/boyfriend more than 1 time a year, "But honey, I saw this amazing (whatever) on HGTV! And they did it in 2 days. Why is it taking us a month ..." My hubby HATES the H-acronym with a passion, as does his buddy, who's wife and I are both serious HGTV junkies! :biggrin:

:lol: I'll keep that in mind.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I found a picture I took of my kitchen window. I designed and built all my cabinets and trim so I did an extra wide sill to hold some plants/stuff and put cobalt bottles up on the little shelf the window provides along with a hanging cobalt rooter. I later added the Southwestern style arch over the window between the cabinets with a stained glass type running horse sun catcher built in. My kitchen is always a work in progress. Behind the stove I did running horse appliques. They've held up very well the last 7 years but thinking of doing a running horse ceramic tile background soon. Good luck in whatever you decide if you don't like it, you can always change it.

Attachments

• FarmhouseKitchenWindowView.jpg
    FarmhouseKitchenWindowView.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 93

Cowgirl

I found a picture I took of my kitchen window. I designed and built all my cabinets and trim so I did an extra wide sill to hold some plants/stuff and put cobalt bottles up on the little shelf the window provides along with a hanging cobalt rooter. I later added the Southwestern style arch over the window between the cabinets with a stained glass type running horse sun catcher built in. My kitchen is always a work in progress. Behind the stove I did running horse appliques. They've held up very well the last 7 years but thinking of doing a running horse ceramic tile background soon. Good luck in whatever you decide if you don't like it, you can always change it.

Very nice job. :yay: I really love the butcher block island.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Thanks. It's not a butcher block island, it's the butcher block out of my grandparents country store, it's over 100 years old. My grandma gave it to me, it's about the only thing of hers I have besides her wedding shoes and my farm. I built an island behind it but the butcher block is the center of where I usually work.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Yes, your window was closer to what I was thinking. Nice kitchen.

Cowgirl

I finally did it! I painted the kitchen today. I LOVE it. Here are the pictures. It looks more green with the flash and slightly more blue without the flash. Now I really want to paint the cabinets, but I'm not ready to tackle that project yet. :lol:

Attachments

• DSC02883.jpg
    DSC02883.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC02877.jpg
    DSC02877.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC02878.jpg
    DSC02878.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 78
I finally did it! I painted the kitchen today. I LOVE it. Here are the pictures. It looks more green with the flash and slightly more blue without the flash. Now I really want to paint the cabinets, but I'm not ready to tackle that project yet. :lol:

I love it! :yay:

lovinmaryland

I like it, great job. Have you thought about adding some knobs to the cabinets? I think some nickle ones would like nice w/ that color paint.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

Love your color choice. It goes great with the counters and flooring. :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Awesome. :clap: I really love the color. I have a "minty" green in my kitchen.