Democrat bullies freak out over (checks notes) potato rolls

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It seems one of the board members of Martin's had the gall to donate to a Republican, so the cancel crowd grabbed their pitchforks, lit their torches, and did what they do.

Predictably, at least one customer caved to the mob.

Federal Donuts has found a new potato roll for its signature fried chicken sandwiches.

And the comments on Martins' tweet says it all:

These people are ****ing crazy.

BOP

It seems one of the board members of Martin's had the gall to donate to a Republican, so the cancel crowd grabbed their pitchforks, lit their torches, and did what they do.

I buy their bread on a regular basis. My stomach can tolerate potato bread (or is it potatoe?) better than it can multigrain, or wheat bread.

BOP

That, and apparently they have too much time on their hands.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That, and apparently they have too much time on their hands.

I always assumed they were paid performers. The DNC money men pay them per tweet or whatever Tik Tok has to act like psychos. Then I thought.....what if it's the Republican money lords paying them? They act like psychos, and the 99% of us who aren't mentally ill get completely turned off the Democrat Party (because who wants to be associated with freaks and pedophiles?).

But then I listen to AOC and Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and Jerold Nadler and Maxine Waters and and and, and realize that nope - it's them. It's unlikely that Joe Biden is being paid to make the Democrats look bad, although he's proven he'll do literally anything for money.

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

You know, I was watching The Five - yesterday? - and I usually brace myself for whateever the liberal guest has to say. Normally, if it's Geraldo, he's not going to differ much with the rest of the panel. If it's Jessica, she WILL disagree, but she's not - forceful.

Harold Ford, however, is all over the place. So it surprised me to see he almost word for word agreed with the rest of the panel on cancel culture. IIRC, the issue was about some product in a store that ONE person found "offensive". And Harold stated exactly as everyone else did - don't buy it. A TV show offends you? Don't watch. Don't go there, don't support it, don't buy it, don't listen to it.

Cancel culture is all about the idea that if you find it offensive - it must not be allowed to exist at all. Some of the panel wanted to blame millennials or a younger entitled generation who somehow believe they have the right to eliminate what they find offensive, and they are at odds with people who GET - that if something is offensive, it's still allowed freedom (usually).

We are - thankfully - beginning to see a rise in "hey if you don't like it, take a hike". Cancel culture has worked in the past, because people fear the power that the cancelers hold - but increasingly they're learning, it's a damned bluff. Their hand is empty.

BOP

You know, I was watching The Five - yesterday? - and I usually brace myself for whateever the liberal guest has to say. Normally, if it's Geraldo, he's not going to differ much with the rest of the panel. If it's Jessica, she WILL disagree, but she's not - forceful.

Harold Ford, however, is all over the place. So it surprised me to see he almost word for word agreed with the rest of the panel on cancel culture. IIRC, the issue was about some product in a store that ONE person found "offensive". And Harold stated exactly as everyone else did - don't buy it. A TV show offends you? Don't watch. Don't go there, don't support it, don't buy it, don't listen to it.

Cancel culture is all about the idea that if you find it offensive - it must not be allowed to exist at all. Some of the panel wanted to blame millennials or a younger entitled generation who somehow believe they have the right to eliminate what they find offensive, and they are at odds with people who GET - that if something is offensive, it's still allowed freedom (usually).

We are - thankfully - beginning to see a rise in "hey if you don't like it, take a hike". Cancel culture has worked in the past, because people fear the power that the cancelers hold - but increasingly they're learning, it's a damned bluff. Their hand is empty.
I generally agree, but for some people, as individuals, the mob coming after them can have dire consequences, as far as their continued employment, and so on, is concerned.

herb749

It mostly backfires on them like with Chick Fil A . It increased their business.

SamSpade

It mostly backfires on them like with Chick Fil A . It increased their business.

Yes. But as BOP observed, on a smaller scale, it may mean an individual may lose their JOB.

On another site, the subject of the Dixie Chicks came up. The comment came up that they too, were "cancelled". And while I do know people complained about their music - I also know that many were just simply - turned off. You can't run a country station with listeners tuning out.

To me that was lot more of, "don't bite the hand that feeds you". You don't create a career as a successful rapper, and then begin busting on African Americans who buy your songs. It's stupid.

I just thought it was really ignorant to insult your President in a foreign country, but yeah, why not insult the majority of your country fans who support Bush and likely have a brother or father over there.

Clem72

On a side note, what the hell is up with Martins? Normal price forever was like $3 for a loaf with regular 2 for 4 or 2 for 5 sales (to the point that I don't remember the last time I paid regular price before recently). But now they are like $4.19 every time I go. That's 100% inflation over what I am used to paying.

herb749

On a side note, what the hell is up with Martins? Normal price forever was like $3 for a loaf with regular 2 for 4 or 2 for 5 sales (to the point that I don't remember the last time I paid regular price before recently). But now they are like $4.19 every time I go. That's 100% inflation over what I am used to paying.

Have you checked the prices of everything lately .?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On another site, the subject of the Dixie Chicks came up. The comment came up that they too, were "cancelled". And while I do know people complained about their music - I also know that many were just simply - turned off. You can't run a country station with listeners tuning out.

Yeah I disagree no one said the Dixie Chicks should not make music or preform, like the left has tried to end Chapelle

Fans checked out and STOPPED BUYING THEIR CD'S

Natalie Mains canceled herself.

Hijinx

I wonder who will hurt more>
Martins because someone got offended about a political contribution or Federal donuts because people are offended by the perpetually offended.

We use nothing but Martins for our sandwich sales at the legion, They are the best and they don't fall apart or get soggy. If it aint Martins it aint fit to eat. Their hot dog rolls are good too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fans checked out and STOPPED BUYING THEIR CD'S

Exactly. Nobody said YOU can't go to Dixie Chick concerts or buy their CDs, they just said THEY weren't going to do it.

Natalie forgot that she was a country singer with patriots as her fan base. Now she's probably turning tricks for beer money in downtown Nashville and, you know, ha ha. See my avatar.

Bluecrqbe

Exactly. Nobody said YOU can't go to Dixie Chick concerts or buy their CDs, they just said THEY weren't going to do it.

Natalie forgot that she was a country singer with patriots as her fan base. Now she's probably turning tricks for beer money in downtown Nashville and, you know, ha ha. See my avatar.
That’s not what happened.
Country station KKCS, in Colorado Springs, has suspended two of its disc jockeys for putting the Chicks back on the air, in violation of a ban imposed after the group criticized President George W. Bush

herb749

Yes, most things are up 10-20%, not 100%. Most of the other breads haven't changed in price at all as far as I can tell.

Martins have always been the most expensive potato rolls & breads. Its been years since I've seen anything close to 2 for 5. Closest to that sale would be Schmidt's, but that was also several years ago. I have been the family grocery store shopper for over 20 yrs.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Martins have always been the most expensive potato rolls & breads. Its been years since I've seen anything close to 2 for 5. Closest to that sale would be Schmidt's, but that was also several years ago. I have been the family grocery store shopper for over 20 yrs.
That's because they are shelf stable for a loooonnnngggg time.

Bluecrqbe

And how did that prevent anyone from attending a Chicks concert of buying their CDs?
You said no one was prevented from listening to the Dixie chicks, I just pointed out that hundreds of radio stations stopped playing their music.

So anyone listening to those stations, which in those days was A LOT of people, couldn’t listen to them anymore.

It’s the same as this potato roll issue you posted, you can still buy these potato rolls basically everywhere….I really don’t see what point you’re trying to make?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You said no one was prevented from listening to the Dixie chicks, I just pointed out that hundreds of radio stations stopped playing their music.
That was just a change for better taste in music.