Democratic congressman hits Super Bowl fans for not standing for 'Negro National Anthem'

BOP

'Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing... Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd,' Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen wrote on X

A Democratic congressman raised some eyebrows online Sunday when he took a shot at the Super Bowl crowd in Las Vegas, saying very few fans stood for the singing of "Lift Every Voice and Sing," calling it "not a very pretty picture."

Known colloquially as the "Black National Anthem," Grammy winner Andra Day performed the song as part of the pre-game festivities for Super Bowl LVIII between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers.

"Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. wrote on X. "The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd." Cohen represents a majority-Black district in western Tennessee.

In addition to Day, Reba McEntire sang the country's national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner," and Post Malone performed "America the Beautiful" before the Super Bowl. Usher performed the halftime show that included a slew of superstar cameos.

It's not the National Anthem so I wouldn't stand either.

It's just another song.
Must be election time in someone's district.

BOP

It’s also the accepted national anthem in the LGBTQ community
why are you gay.jpg

WingsOfGold

Only drank Labatts one time, and that was while I was stuck in Quebec in 98. Pass.

I'll stick with a Yeungling instead.

Or a decent Marzen, Bock or Doppelbock if I can get one.
Yeungling even tho from Pisspuke is one of my brews of choice, I like it as much as Sam Adams or Peroni.

SamSpade

I remember some years ago, Marilyn vos Savant - the "Ask Marilyn" person with the highest recorded IQ - repeated what many pundits were saying at the time -

That the most dangerous threat to the United States doesn't come from a foreign power, nuclear weapons or political party - it is the slow creeping change that we are all separate groups vying for separate identity. It is minority groups NOT becoming "American" - it is racial differences and gender arguments that threaten to tear apart our strength, which is that we are a single nation. That we must focus on what makes us the same rather than separate.

BOP

Decided to revive this sock puppet account to post inane leftest talking points to attempt to trigger as many Conservatives as possible
It's okay, though; we need the laughs in this day and age.