Dems finalize the Deep State Protection Act

BOP

Good thing thats not what this bill does.

It's only the editorializing by the OP that does that.
Despite Vrails propaganda what Biden's proposal does is counteract an extremely radical plan by Trump and the heritage foundation to change hundreds of thousands of federal employees to at will workers so they can be fired for not going along with Trumps shady policy changes known as project 2025.

is a collection of policy proposals to reshape the executive branch of the U.S. federal government at an unprecedented scale in the event of a Republican victory in the 2024 U.S. presidential election.[2][3] Established in 2022, the project seeks to recruit tens of thousands of conservatives to Washington, D.C., to replace existing federal civil service workers which Republicans characterize as the "deep state", to further the objectives of the next Republican president.[4] Although the project cannot promote a specific presidential candidate, many contributors have close ties to Donald Trump and the Trump 2024 presidential campaign.[5] The plan would perform a swift restructuring of the executive branch under a maximalist version of the unitary executive theory — a theory proposing the president of the United States has absolute power over the executive branch — upon inauguration.[3][6]

The development of the plan is led by the The Heritage Foundation, an American conservative think tank, in collaboration with over 100 partners including Turning Point USA led by Charlie Kirk; the Conservative Partnership Institute including former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows as senior partner; the Center for Renewing America led by former Trump-appointee Office of Management and Budget Director Russell Vought; and America First Legal, led by former Trump Senior Advisor Stephen Miller.[7][8]

Project 2025 envisions widespread changes across the entire government, particularly with regard to economic and social policy and the role of the federal government and federal agencies. The plan proposes slashing U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) funding, dismantling the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, gutting environmental and climate change regulations to favor fossil fuel production, and eliminating the cabinet Departments of Education and Commerce.[9] Citing an anonymous source, The Washington Post reported in November 2023, prior to the project's release, that Project 2025 includes immediately invoking the Insurrection Act of 1807 to deploy the military for domestic law enforcement and directing the DOJ to pursue Trump adversaries.[10] Project Director Paul Dans, a former Trump administration official, said in September 2023 that Project 2025 is "systematically preparing to march into office and bring a new army, aligned, trained, and essentially weaponized conservatives ready to do battle against the deep state."[11]

fitting stupid in one head.jpg

BOP

I’ve been saying for years feds should all be fired each administration and have to re-apply for their jobs, same should be true for most industries, if you’re good you get to come back in, maybe at a higher salary. If not, bye bye.

I was away for week on travel, I was in Texas for the eclipse (which was amazing) at one point we had an Uber driver that started talking about politics, news, and really just about anything, kinda the way you post.

It was disturbing, she talked the entire 12 minute drive, she had opinions on everything, nothing we even brought up.

My first thought was, Jesus, this is like being in a live version of the somd.com forum.

142k messages, from one account.
Yeah, because that wouldn't be a logistical nightmare. At all.

And I mean, it's not like the folks at the tip of the spear in dangerous locations OCONUS around the world don't depend on a great many of those feds you're talking about firing and having to reapply for their jobs.

If you want to make a change like that: fire the Congressional staffers. They're the ones that all budgetary matters go through, not the Congress critters who are trying to explain how they fired a field gun with no recoil and landed a shell full of people on the moon, or something.

SamSpade

This is what bugs me about the notion that we need a chief executive for our nation who can run it like a business. NO! Governments do not seek profits. Capitalists do. Let them.
I partly agree - about the profits thing.

But that is ALSO - a big part of the problem. Government does not seek profits - because they're never in any danger of going out of business. They have no competition. How many businesses can survive being continually in the red - all the time?

There's very little incentive to save money. Many people NOT in government are famliar with THIS, and I have seen it many times - if you end the year UNDER budget, you are HIGHLY LIKELY to get LESS in the next fiscal year. I know - I have actually been part of the decision making to SQUANDER the balance of a budget, so we wouldn't get cut. (Part of that was - our projects from year to year have varying budgets - and in one of those - was going to need ALL of that to roll out stuff in the next year).

You can't get rid of bad workers. Especially if they join the union. IF - you are lucky - and we've done this twice - you can negotiate with other areas to pawn off your bad people on other departments.

They don't have plans for continually improving their workforce and upgrading computers and equipment. Where I worked, we tended to use the same MS operating system or office software until the support for it EXPIRED. That I believe, is ten years after they stop making it. Yes, it means we were using MS XP or Windows 7 long after Microsoft had forgotten it. Offices with large CRTs. People with computers failing because of DUST - because they were over 15 years old.

But they DO manage to waste money continually.

Because advancement is hinged almost entirely on seniority - and because for many agencies, the staff hasn't grown in 40 years - and because federal workers tend to remain for life - there's serious disincentive NOT to work harder, do better work, or accomplish your work efficiently. Because you won't get a boost in salary - you won't get promoted - and you won't be rewarded. Ok, yes, been a federal worker for 35+ years, yes I know there have been "on the spot" awards - but because they don't GROW - like a business does - they won't be opening a brand new facility and management isn't appointing YOU to head up the team (something that DID happen to me, in private industry).

IF - IF - it was run like a business - at least on the points I've made -

You could demote, fire or otherwise dismiss workers who aren't doing their job.
You could promote and reward those doing a stellar job (which encourages others to follow suit).
You could reward departments that find ways to operate more efficiently.
You could upgrade and retrain in areas that effect output - instead of insisting on yearly DEI, Affirmative Action and similar "training" that has no effect on the product of your agency.

And so on. Government is wasteful, because there are extremely strong factors that heavily favor waste and punish efficiency.

SamSpade

Yeah, because that wouldn't be a logistical nightmare. At all.

What company could survive firing 3-4 million employees every four to eight years, go through the process of finding, hiring and possibly training all of them?

And something the left never gets but - WHO WOULD WORK for such a company?

If you want to make a change like that: fire the Congressional staffers. They're the ones that all budgetary matters go through, not the Congress critters who are trying to explain how they fired a field gun with no recoil and landed a shell full of people on the moon, or something.
My Dad insisted on that for YEARS - that Congressional staff should be replaced often, because - should term limits ever become a reality - THEY would be the de facto strata ACTUALLY running the government, if it isn't true already (e.g. - very large bill proposals that are read, scrutinized and highlighted by staff who turn it over to the boss to pontificate on a bill they have NOT read.)

The President typically replaces cabinet members - often. Why then do Congressional staffers continue EVEN AFTER a member loses office and turns it over to another member of his own party?

Reactions: BOP

StmarysCity79

I’ve been saying for years feds should all be fired each administration and have to re-apply for their jobs, same should be true for most industries, if you’re good you get to come back in, maybe at a higher salary. If not, bye bye.

I was away for week on travel, I was in Texas for the eclipse (which was amazing) at one point we had an Uber driver that started talking about politics, news, and really just about anything, kinda the way you post.

It was disturbing, she talked the entire 12 minute drive, she had opinions on everything, nothing we even brought up.

My first thought was, Jesus, this is like being in a live version of the somd.com forum.

142k messages, from one account.

That would ensure nothing would be accomplished by anyone except hiring and firing for the entire fist year at least crippling the efficiency of an already inefficient system.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Despite Vrails propaganda what Biden's proposal does is counteract an extremely radical plan by Trump and the heritage foundation to change hundreds of thousands of federal employees to at will workers so they can be fired for not going along with Trumps shady policy changes known as project 2025.

is a collection of policy proposals to reshape the executive branch of the U.S. federal government at an unprecedented scale in the event of a Republican victory in the 2024 U.S. presidential election.[2][3] Established in 2022, the project seeks to recruit tens of thousands of conservatives to Washington, D.C., to replace existing federal civil service workers which Republicans characterize as the "deep state", to further the objectives of the next Republican president.[4] Although the project cannot promote a specific presidential candidate, many contributors have close ties to Donald Trump and the Trump 2024 presidential campaign.[5] The plan would perform a swift restructuring of the executive branch under a maximalist version of the unitary executive theory — a theory proposing the president of the United States has absolute power over the executive branch — upon inauguration.[3][6]

The development of the plan is led by the The Heritage Foundation, an American conservative think tank, in collaboration with over 100 partners including Turning Point USA led by Charlie Kirk; the Conservative Partnership Institute including former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows as senior partner; the Center for Renewing America led by former Trump-appointee Office of Management and Budget Director Russell Vought; and America First Legal, led by former Trump Senior Advisor Stephen Miller.[7][8]

Project 2025 envisions widespread changes across the entire government, particularly with regard to economic and social policy and the role of the federal government and federal agencies. The plan proposes slashing U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) funding, dismantling the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, gutting environmental and climate change regulations to favor fossil fuel production, and eliminating the cabinet Departments of Education and Commerce.[9] Citing an anonymous source, The Washington Post reported in November 2023, prior to the project's release, that Project 2025 includes immediately invoking the Insurrection Act of 1807 to deploy the military for domestic law enforcement and directing the DOJ to pursue Trump adversaries.[10] Project Director Paul Dans, a former Trump administration official, said in September 2023 that Project 2025 is "systematically preparing to march into office and bring a new army, aligned, trained, and essentially weaponized conservatives ready to do battle against the deep state."[11]

VOX :killingme
:killingme:killingme

Chopticon64

In 23 years....

Nobody is forcing you to be here. Contrary to what your Democrat masters tell you, you have free will and can choose what internet sites you visit.
Your shtick hasn’t worked for years. I’m telling you, find a new path, this is a dead end.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You seem weirdly engaged with this small audience forum.

Oh Look Another Concern Troll ....

You should get together with Occam's Razor and you two can figure out who is the Pitcher and Who is the Catcher, while you jerk each other off pontificating about the quality of my life

Chopticon64

Oh Look Another Concern Troll ....

You should get together with Occam's Razor and you two can figure out who is the Pitcher and Who is the Catcher, while you jerk each other off pontificating about the quality of my life
Dude, we really don’t need to hear about your sexual fantasies.