Deodorant

ShoeQueen77

Just to be curious, if one of your friends came up to you and said "Hey, Oldman, you're smelling a bit 'ripe' lately. What? You give up deodorant for Lent?", would you get offended or be embarassed?

If someone I knew stank, I'd be embarassed for them that they'd need it pointed out to them.

If I was the one that stank like a hard-working migrant worker, I'd be mortified if someone came up to me to tell me that.

And just how does someone start the the conversation of telling someone they stink? How do you even bring it up?

If it's someone I was around alot, I would purchase them a stick and give as a gift. Kind of like offering a stick of gum to someone with bad breath.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Just to be curious, if one of your friends came up to you and said "Hey, Oldman, you're smelling a bit 'ripe' lately. What? You give up deodorant for Lent?", would you get offended or be embarassed?

If someone I knew stank, I'd be embarassed for them that they'd need it pointed out to them.

If I was the one that stank like a hard-working migrant worker, I'd be mortified if someone came up to me to tell me that.

And just how does someone start the the conversation of telling someone they stink? How do you even bring it up?

:confused: How many hard-working migrant workers HAVE you sniffed? :faint:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
This brings up another point. Have you ever been in the presence of another female who smells like the dumpster of the local crab house? :dead:

Would you/did you tell her that Massengil makes douches? :popcorn:

dn0121

I've recently had a medical type problem that gave me irritation of the arm pits. Not wanting to aggravate it I stopped using deod. I do shower before going out and I'm very inactive but haven't noticed being odorous, or at least noone has complained to this point.

I have the same issue but I use Naturally Fresh Crystal Deodorant. It has been harder to find around here. Soap does the same thing. I forgot and used some "men's soap" and Ive been itching and burning for a few days. It sucks too because I can forget about it and be fine, but now that I remembered Im starting to itch!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
This brings up another point. Have you ever been in the presence of another female who smells like the dumpster of the local crab house? :dead:

Back in the day, I had a few classes with a stinky chick. I really liked her, but she was soooo stinky. I didn't know how her husband could stand it until one day she told me there was something wrong with his sniffer and he couldn't smell anything. She said she felt so bad for him, but I sure didn't! Lucky bastard! :dead:

dn0121

I would (and have) told people they smell. To me it's very matter of fact and no need for embarrassment, just like if I told them they had food stuck in their teeth or something on their face.

But only good friends and people I'm close with. Everyone else is on their own because I don't really care of they stink or not.

I meant to tell you something when I smelled you at the fair this weekend. :sarcasm:

ShoeQueen77

You'd probably just end up finding out something you didn't want to know about that person. :yikes:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I have the same issue but I use Naturally Fresh Crystal Deodorant. It has been harder to find around here. Soap does the same thing. I forgot and used some "men's soap" and Ive been itching and burning for a few days. It sucks too because I can forget about it and be fine, but now that I remembered Im starting to itch!

The Good Earth Store in Leonardtown has this I do believe.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

You can get the rock crystal at the Good Earth in Leonardtown.

I use the rock and then Tom's Of Maine lavender on top of that. I don't ever use antiperspirant.

oldman

Lobster Land

At my age I don't get offended by anything someone may say to me. If a friend told me I was 'ripe' I would just be embarassed. I'll use the baby powder that another mentioned - just in case. I do remember as a young teenager in high school making MYSELF aware of what BO was. Mom never told me. I wasn't sure how to clue her in to my problem so just started using hers. That should be on the list of things to tell your kids about as they age so it doesn't catch them unexpectedly.