Developing Kodak story...

Pete

Repete
Could someone give me a snap shot of what really happened?

Because of over exposure Kodak is likely going to shutter their operations. They did not use a long lens to view the companies future, they were too focused on the macro picture.

SoMDGirl42

Because of over exposure Kodak is likely going to shutter their operations. They did not use a long lens to view the companies future, they were too focused on the macro picture.

bottom line, how many mega pixels is this going to cost the taxpayers? :cds: We going to bail them out like GM because they didn't see the whole picture? I shutter at the thought! We need to expose these companies for the lack of vision. Stay focused people! There's a wide angle to these companies.

Im_Me

Picture this! Maybe Kodak could still find the silver (halide) lining and develop a new idea to copy their previous flash of success!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Some of these comments are pretty cheesy.

There is a fine line between 'clever' and 'cheese'. What is important here is the level of participation giving hope that we can all, some day, truly appreciate our common human bonds and be as one and build a world where 15 year olds don't get shot because they were taught better. A place where people aren't trying to punch one another in the ####ing face. A land of plenty of parking and wide open, free flowing roadways. A world where the deadly harvest of second hand smoke no longer exists. A universe, dare I dream, where Dan Snyder sells the Redskins.

Vote Ron Paul! :evil:

Kodak: Investor Center: News Release: Eastman Kodak Company and Its U.S. Subsidiaries Commence Voluntary Chapter 11 Business Reorganization

ROCHESTER, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 19, 2012-- Eastman Kodak Company (“Kodak” or the “Company”) announced today that it and its U.S. subsidiaries filed voluntary petitions for chapter 11 business reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.

The business reorganization is intended to bolster liquidity in the U.S. and abroad, monetize non-strategic intellectual property, fairly resolve legacy liabilities, and enable the Company to focus on its most valuable business lines. The Company has made pioneering investments in digital and materials deposition technologies in recent years, generating approximately 75% of its revenue from digital businesses in 2011.

Kodak has obtained a fully-committed, $950 million debtor-in-possession credit facility with an 18-month maturity from Citigroup to enhance liquidity and working capital. The credit facility is subject to Court approval and other conditions precedent. The Company believes that it has sufficient liquidity to operate its business during chapter 11, and to continue the flow of goods and services to its customers in the ordinary course.

Oh, and this thread got pretty lame. I'm glad I didn't realize initially that it was to become a pun-athon, else I might have added to its lameness and embarrassed myself in the process. :smile: