Died Suddenly

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I sent this to a few family members. Three think the same as I, the other, not so much. That person's response: "Started and wondered if this is for real. Let me know before I watch a fake." My response: "It seems to confirm a lot of what I have been hearing in the news. Decide for yourself."

🦗

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
First off, there have always been people who "died suddenly" of heart issues.
That almost happened to me back in late 2007 - early 2008. My heart has a small defect in the nerve bundle that sends out the beat signal.
Sometimes it takes a nap and the heart goes slack. I would have died of a "silent heart attack," if the pauses didn't resolve.

Ended up with a pacemaker in April 2008. The night before, according to the nurse who woke me to tell me a cardiac surgeon was coming to speak with me, I arrested 13 times between 8 PM and 5 AM.

ontheriver

That almost happened to me back in late 2007 - early 2008. My heart has a small defect in the nerve bundle that sends out the beat signal.
Sometimes it takes a nap and the heart goes slack. I would have died of a "silent heart attack," if the pauses didn't resolve.

Ended up with a pacemaker in April 2008. The night before, according to the nurse who woke me to tell me a cardiac surgeon was coming to speak with me, I arrested 13 times between 8 PM and 5 AM.
You are one tough man.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

First off, there have always been people who "died suddendly" of heart issues. From my own childhood there was a perfectly healthy kid in my middle school (of maybe 200 students) who died of a heart attack.
Yes, this is true. However, in the grand scheme of life, these type of cases are outliers. 1 in millions chance of this happening. Hereditary and genetics play a huge role in who dies early. Other than that, what we are witnessing today, is NOT NORMAL.

Louise

:huggy:

PJay

Screenshot_20221130-235446~3.png

SamSpade

It could very well be just a control test, to see how many of us will obey even when the order is demonstrably absurd and nonsensical.
Since I am inclined to believe people are far more likely to be STUPID than malicious, I think it's been a delicate connection of BOTH.
I think they make rash quick decisions which turn out to be bad, and go to great lengths to NEVER ADMIT IT. Hence, lockdowns which in cities often served to SPREAD an airborne virus as people concentrated INDOORS in large buildings where air was being recirculated. Cloth masks and "social distancing" (which really didn't do anything) to silly things like plexiglass shields at registers to directions on floors of stores so aisles were ONE WAY. This served mostly to make people think "we're doing SOMETHING" when it didn't do anything.

Yet people would be chastised for not following the tiniest of rules, however absurd. A man rowing at a lake; another, walking on a deserted beach. People who could NEVER pass the virus being grabbed by POLICE for not following a decision by the governor (not a law). Masking going IN to a restaurant but not while seated.

All the while, those on the left in charge and their devoted fans ENRAGED that anyone would disobey and entirely blaming the spread of a virus on THOSE miscreants while giving a pass to the ones who created the damned thing in the first place.

They blame those who don't obey, even when it is pointed out to them that their LEADERS aren't obeying, either.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since I am inclined to believe people are far more likely to be STUPID than malicious, I think it's been a delicate connection of BOTH.
I think they make rash quick decisions which turn out to be bad, and go to great lengths to NEVER ADMIT IT. Hence, lockdowns which in cities often served to SPREAD an airborne virus as people concentrated INDOORS in large buildings where air was being recirculated. Cloth masks and "social distancing" (which really didn't do anything) to silly things like plexiglass shields at registers to directions on floors of stores so aisles were ONE WAY. This served mostly to make people think "we're doing SOMETHING" when it didn't do anything.

Yet people would be chastised for not following the tiniest of rules, however absurd. A man rowing at a lake; another, walking on a deserted beach. People who could NEVER pass the virus being grabbed by POLICE for not following a decision by the governor (not a law). Masking going IN to a restaurant but not while seated.

All the while, those on the left in charge and their devoted fans ENRAGED that anyone would disobey and entirely blaming the spread of a virus on THOSE miscreants while giving a pass to the ones who created the damned thing in the first place.

They blame those who don't obey, even when it is pointed out to them that their LEADERS aren't obeying, either.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post except for this:

I am inclined to believe people are far more likely to be STUPID than malicious

I want to argue with you about that until you agree with me that people, especially higher up in the status chain, are malicious nasty little sh*ts who are not stupid.

:jet:

Sam, I have personally seen a great many people be malicious just for the sake of it. No reason for it, and it would have been easier for them to be kind or cooperative. They actually had to put forth effort to be mean; sometimes a great deal of effort. And these are regular everyday people that I know personally, and some of whom you know personally.

About 2 decades ago Larry's brother (a malicious little prick) was talking about his condo's HOA, and he said, "Power unexercised is power wasted." That was such a simple, yet profound, statement that it stuck with me all these years. When a Gretchen Whitmer or a London Breed finally gets some power, they do not want to waste that chit - they want to exercise it. They want to wield that sword, baby. Lop off some heads. Covid gave them the perfect opportunity to do just that and it wasn't stupidity - it was pure malice. "Take that, you trailer park mofos. Who's the boss now?"

The higher someone is on the status/power chain, the more likely they are to be power-hungry tyrant who isn't stupid by any means. When they exercise their power in detrimental ways, it's not because they're stupid - it's because they're malevolent in their soul and now have the power to exercise it.

So while your car mechanic who put the bolt on wrong probably just made an unintentional mistake, the Governor or Mayor who shuts down family businesses, won't allow you to see your dying grandmother, and forces your children into isolation is a malicious dick who has just been waiting for the chance to flex. And unfortunately you see a lot of those types in positions of authority because that's what they've always aspired to - the opportunity to have power and exercise it. Certainly we've all seen this in the workplace.

And I have to run but one last thought:

That store clerk who is being balky and petty to the point you want to choke her out? She's not that way because she's stupid; she's that way because she's malicious and perceives herself to have power over you. Once you set that bitch straight she'll be nice as pie.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The higher someone is on the status/power chain, the more likely they are to be power-hungry tyrant who isn't stupid by any means.

Whomever seeks a higher office like congress or the Presidency are exactly the sorts WE SHOULD KEEP OUT OF Such Offices

I would prefer 435 plus P and VP randomly be chosen by lottery for a public term of service ... all of this special interest and seniority nonsense goes out the window

SamSpade

I agree wholeheartedly with this post except for this:

I want to argue with you about that until you agree with me that people, especially higher up in the status chain, are malicious nasty little sh*ts who are not stupid.
Nope. I think I implied, without explicitly saying - MOST people. In any given day, I encounrter easily a half dozen REALLY stupid things people do in traffic. Pulling into traffic without bothering to look, so that I MUST SLAM ON THE BRAKES to avoid hitting them - hard. Zipping around corners in parking lots at angles such that any oncoming car WILL hit them - because they're mostly in the wrong lane. People who drive down the center of a parking lot lane until an oncoming car arrives - pedestrians who insist on walking in the middle of the parking lot lane until they become AWARE of a car, behind them. Shoppers who block whole aisles while they block the only means around them next to their cart.

THEY are not malevolent. To do so would mean, they have it out for ME, specifically. What they are, is nearly as bad - they just don't give a crap. Which is why I don't mince with someone whose car is covered with scrapes, dings, busted lights and obvious car conflicts - they're stupid and very likely to continue to be. It's like my favorite Indiana Jones line, from the fourth movie, when he's playing chicken with the Russians, and the Russian is gambling when he'll swerve - and his passenger is screaming "you don't KNOW him - YOU DON'T KNOW HIM" because he knows Indy has no problem hitting them.

It's unquestionably true that many people, when they achieve a degree of power, they become first rate *******s, who intend to make sure you know they have power. I've worked for people like this. I had a boss who insisted I never play Christmas music at my desk, even when played so low, almost no one could HEAR it, including ME. I've worked for many "good" bosses as well, because at heart, they really don't WANT to have power. They'd rather do their job and go home. They were actually nice, because at least for them, it paid better.

MOST PEOPLE I believe, have a live and let live sense to life. I don't care about your race, or religion or sexual preference or social issue - just leave me alone and I will do the same. That I believe, is most people.

The "outliers" as it were, get the most attention.