Diet Pills

warneckutz

But some of the folks who were taking it were overweight fatazzes (whose hearts were probably already under stress) that would rather take a magic bullet instead of working it off and changing up the diet. The 2 ephedra related deaths that I can recall involved a pitcher for the Orioles and a high school wrestler.

That being said I don't feel that it should have been taken off the market. There are plenty of other things that can kill you that are perfectly legal.

I totally agree with you. I don't remember too many details but the Orioles' pitcher definitely needed to get his diet in check prior to taking the other fat burners.

H

HouseCat

But some of the folks who were taking it were overweight fatazzes (whose hearts were probably already under stress) that would rather take a magic bullet instead of working it off and changing up the diet. The 2 ephedra related deaths that I can recall involved a pitcher for the Orioles and a high school wrestler.

That being said I don't feel that it should have been taken off the market. There are plenty of other things that can kill you that are perfectly legal.
If I remember correctly, I think there were a few body-builders who died too. Just like anything else, there's always a few tards out there who are trying to beef/up slim/down super quick and abuse the stuff. Then, the rest of us who were using it safely and following the directions have to suffer.
Idiots.

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
What doctors willperscribe phentermine? Mine won't but I'd like to find a doctor who will give me a script for some.

I was on Phentermine for 4 months and lost 27lbs. I have been off of it for a month now and have lost 2lbs, but I'm not gaining it back.

H

HouseCat

I was on Phentermine for 4 months and lost 27lbs. I have been off of it for a month now and have lost 2lbs, but I'm not gaining it back.
Me being a curious housecat, I had to look that up...but I found this about it:
Do not take this medication if you are allergic to phentermine or other stimulants, or if you have:
  • heart disease or high blood pressure;
  • arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries);
  • an overactive thyroid;
  • glaucoma;
  • if you are in an agitated state; or
  • if you have a history of drug or alcohol abuse.
Well darn it. That does it for me. As soon as I got in the car to drive home/work, I'd probably self-combust. :lmao:

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
Has anyone ever taken a diet pill they liked? One that actually helped you lose weight?

I am dieting and exercising but I would like to see better results. TIA.

I took trim spa and atkins and lost 45 pounds.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

What doctors willperscribe phentermine? Mine won't but I'd like to find a doctor who will give me a script for some.

Ladies. If your doctor won't prescribe it to you, there is probably a reason. Certain things simply aren't good for certain people :shrug: Instead of trying to find a way to get around what your doctor's opinion is (by finding a doctor who is less obligated and will prescribe willy-nilly), why not just try to find that one thing that is safe for you?

In some circumstances, there are doctors who have access to furthered research on certain drugs, so if your doctor doesn't prescribe it to any of his/her patients then there is probably a reason for it.

I am a fan of exercise/eating well though, not taking the medication route. If you want something to help your metabolism, why not natural things like fiber?

D

dems4me

Ladies. If your doctor won't prescribe it to you, there is probably a reason.
:blahblah: :blahblah:QUOTE]

I don't know if my dr. will perscribe it or not. Why waste time from work seeing a doctor that may or may not perscribe it when I can just go to one that I'm fairly sure would give it to me :shrug: I'm getting older and my metabolism has slowed alot down from when I was YOUR age. I've been eating more healthy and have taken up jogging and wanted to add something else to what I'm already doing. If it works what's the harm. :clap:

dawn

Ladies. If your doctor won't prescribe it to you, there is probably a reason.
:blahblah: :blahblah:QUOTE]

I don't know if my dr. will perscribe it or not. Why waste time from work seeing a doctor that may or may not perscribe it when I can just go to one that I'm fairly sure would give it to me :shrug: I'm getting older and my metabolism has slowed alot down from when I was YOUR age. I've been eating more healthy and have taken up jogging and wanted to add something else to what I'm already doing. If it works what's the harm. :clap:

Maryland Health Care Associates prescribed it to me about 6 years ago, I think you have to be like twenty pounds overweight if I remember correctly.

I did try Zantrex 3 about 4 years ago and I lost about 15 pounds with it. I could only take one pill a day though, I barely sleep now, and taking that really kept me awake, but it did work and no side effects (other than not being tired).

I recently tried allie, but dont like it, I like cheese and greasy foods way too much for that pill:dead:

Attachments

• zantrex3_bottle_shot.gif
    zantrex3_bottle_shot.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 65

punjabigyrl

I tried ephedra in hydroxycut that was awesome hoever, the trick with all these diet pills is to use it for 4-5 weeks and back stop taking them for 2-3 weeks and then go back on them that way your body will not get used to it. I am now taking Lipo 6 and it is working preety good. I take it for 5 weeks back off for 2 then go back on for 6 weeks back off 2 weeks and it working. I have a strict portioned diet. My diet consists of carbs, protein and fat.

H

HouseCat

Ladies. If your doctor won't prescribe it to you, there is probably a reason. Certain things simply aren't good for certain people :shrug: Instead of trying to find a way to get around what your doctor's opinion is (by finding a doctor who is less obligated and will prescribe willy-nilly), why not just try to find that one thing that is safe for you?

In some circumstances, there are doctors who have access to furthered research on certain drugs, so if your doctor doesn't prescribe it to any of his/her patients then there is probably a reason for it.

I am a fan of exercise/eating well though, not taking the medication route. If you want something to help your metabolism, why not natural things like fiber?
Fiber is a good thing. however, that alone isn't going to boost the metabolism...especially in women. we're wired to store fat and it is hell trying to boost a metabolism, especially when there are other underlying health conditions.

Which brings me to question. How the heck does STRESS cause you to gain weight and/or kill your metabolism? I'm not talking about stress-induced overeating.....I mean the scientific explanation. I have to wonder, is that just a cover-all excuse doctors use to blame your weight gain on when they can't find anything else? They blame stress for other ailments, but wtf...I can't get rid of my stress until I retire, or hit the lotto.
Maybe I need a good nerve pill. :lmao:

D

dems4me

Most any I suppose. My doctor tried to talk me out of diet pills but when I told her I would just order it online without doctor supervision she prescribed it. :yay:

That's kind of a good idea :yay: